Brexit and the Consequences

The UK is one of the most regulated countries in the world by virtue of the huge number of surveillance cameras and presumably people looking in.
Is this because there are more crooks per square mile than most places ?
This begs the question why do 70% of jailbirds get sent back to prison for re-offending ?
About time politicians grasped this " nettle " and the do-gooders admit their soppy policies have failed.

If it wasn’t for do-gooders we’d still have a slave trade, God awful slums, kids claiming inside chimneys or working dawn to dusk in sweat shop factories, etc, etc. So allow them the odd failure, pat :D

can i ask the group if / when we think the 2nd referendum vote will happen ?

ooohhhh.......grenade:shuriken:
N

Highly unlikely IMHO. If it does it will precipitate a general election. I think the most likely outcome of all the current roosting of old Home Office chickens and sly attempts at backdoor re-entry to the EU will be the toppling of the MayBot. But she is a bit of a limpet isn't she?

Highly unlikely IMHO. If it does it will precipitate a general election. I think the most likely outcome of all the current roosting of old Home Office chickens and sly attempts at backdoor re-entry to the EU will be the toppling of the MayBot. But she is a bit of a limpet isn't she?
If corbyn gets in we are doomed.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

can i ask the group if / when we think the 2nd referendum vote will happen ?

ooohhhh.......grenade:shuriken:
N

There won't be a second referendum.

In fact, after the mess that the last one landed us in, we may not see another referendum in the UK in our life-times.

In fact, after the mess that the last one landed us in, we may not see another referendum in the UK in our life-times.

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Wording is all wrong imo...

Question is will we get to vote on the deal?

Will Parliament get to vote on the deal?

Will pro-Euro Tory MPs bring about a vote of no confidence and force an election?

Referendum is out agreed.

Bring on Brexit for all the wrong reasons! (y)

Some smart-ar$e politician might come up with the idea of having a referendum on whether we should have referendums. ;)

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Wording is all wrong imo...

Question is will we get to vote on the deal?

Will Parliament get to vote on the deal?

Will pro-Euro Tory MPs bring about a vote of no confidence and force an election?

Referendum is out agreed.

Bring on Brexit for all the wrong reasons! (y)

Parliament don't need legislation for the right to vote on the deal, they already have it, by way of a threat of a vote of no confidence in the government at any stage, forcing a return to negotiations for a better Brexit deal in exchange for dropping the no confidence vote motion.

Or they can actually stage a vote of no confidence once more details of the deal are known - but this risks winning! If the europhiles and remainers were unlucky enough to won, this would mean a new leader and possibly a different party getting in, and I'm pretty sure nobody wants May's job right now.

So all this unending parliamentary fuss is just posturing to ensure that all involved can look innocent once the dust has settled and all can say they did great things to get a good deal. But not at the risk of actually having to take responsibility from the muggins Theresa May who's stuck with it now.

Remember that politicians don't live on oxygen, they live on power. And absolute power without responsibility is the ultimate goal.

Parliament don't need legislation for the right to vote on the deal, they already have it, by way of a threat of a vote of no confidence in the government at any stage, forcing a return to negotiations for a better Brexit deal in exchange for dropping the no confidence vote motion.

Or they can actually stage a vote of no confidence once more details of the deal are known - but this risks winning! If the europhiles and remainers were unlucky enough to won, this would mean a new leader and possibly a different party getting in, and I'm pretty sure nobody wants May's job right now.

So all this unending parliamentary fuss is just posturing to ensure that all involved can look innocent once the dust has settled and all can say they did great things to get a good deal. But not at the risk of actually having to take responsibility from the muggins Theresa May who's stuck with it now.

Remember that politicians don't live on oxygen, they live on power. And absolute power without responsibility is the ultimate goal.

Well Parliament had to wrestle to get the vote. Lords were shafted as well. Tories one of the worst governments EVER! Abused referendum, gross neglect of Parliamentary process and the Lords. Messed up the country big time. Look at Southern Rail. World beating fares, p1ss poor service subsidised by tax payers whilst bosses and management still being paid Monopolistic profits.

I'm a little unsure of your post. There is a touch of regret as if nobody wants the job when on the contrary they've all been fighting tooth and nail to get the position. May, Gove, Borris, Leadsom all have been at it including Moggy boy and few others.

They have different drivers and world views on the Brexit issue, feeling the pressure to make the right decision and the damnation one may feel if it goes horribly wrong is not one of them imo. Sadly, I don't think they share your good honourable desire to do what is right. As you point out more about retaining power and sitting on a chair.

Brexit is fast becoming a side show of no significance.

Just out of interest it seems cabinet have stopped bickering and all players now towing the quiet line. Cat caught their tongues perhaps :whistling

Attachments

• TM in.jpg
    TM in.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 70
It was always going to be No 4. :LOL:

Agreed. Better to walk away then some half witted deal to stay in custom union we have no say over. Alternatively, some botch up mind fluxed half way solution.

Either way, one or the other will lead to MPs forcing elections imo.

(y)