Brexit and the Consequences

When I was nobbut a lad a bus mounted the pavement in front of me and my dad and went on to smash into a shop.

“ remember exactly what happened” said my dad as we compared notes “and we’ll read about it in the paper”.

Come the day and the newspaper described the accident which did not compare to what we had seen. And it went on to imply that the driver may have been drunk.

“Let that be a lesson to you, my boy” said dad “never believe what you read in the papers. Especially when they start guessing the reasons why something happened.”

Best lesson he ever gave me :)

Wow that really is an amazing story and I'll try and remember that next time I see three perfect demolitions on one day when no building ever came down at the speed of gravity because of fire in the history of the World. Especially building 7 which wasn't hit by an aeroplane either.

Good to see you are an independent thinker :)

Forgive me if I continue to believe in everything I read. We do indeed live in a topsy turvy world of all sorts. :cheesy:

Wow that really is an amazing story and I'll try and remember that next time I see three perfect demolitions on one day when no building ever came down at the speed of gravity because of fire in the history of the World. Especially building 7 which wasn't hit by an aeroplane either.

Good to see you are an independent thinker :)

Forgive me if I continue to believe in everything I read. We do indeed live in a topsy turvy world of all sorts. :cheesy:

No, just use the evidence of our own eyes when you can (which you could do on 9/11)

No, just use the evidence of our own eyes when you can (which you could do on 9/11)

What did you see? Two planes hit two buildings and three had perfect demolitions :LOL:

So what hit WTC Building 7 then?

https://www.popularmechanics.com/tec...a3524/4278874/

Today's report confirms that a fire was, indeed, the cause. "This is the first time that we are aware of, that a building taller than about 15 stories has collapsed primarily due to fires," Sunder told reporters at the press conference. "What we found was that uncontrolled building fires--similar to fires experienced in other tall buildings--caused an extraordinary event, the collapse of WTC7." The unprecedented nature of the event means that understanding the precise mechanism of the collapse is important not just to answer conspiracy theorists' questions, but to improve safety standards in the engineering of large buildings.

The final report describes how debris from the collapse of WTC 1 ignited fires on at least 10 floors of WTC 7 at the western half of the south face. Fires on Floors 7 through 9 and 11 through 13 burned out of control, because the water supply to the automatic sprinkler system had failed. The primary and backup water supply to the sprinkler systems for the lower floors relied on the city's water supply. Those water lines were damaged by the collapse of WTC 1 and 2. These uncontrolled fires in WTC 7 eventually spread to the northeast part of the building, where the collapse began.

Debris from collapse of other buildings ignited fires that could not be put out by sprinklers or other people and the intensity of office material was soooo freaking intense the building core structure melted away SYMMETRICALLY causing total building to come down at speed of gravity with no resistance from lower floors.

If you guys believe that crock of sh1t you guys need help. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Your eyes are the least of your troubles imo ROTFLMAO

Last edited:
Report raises more questions than it answers.

So why didn't fires erupt in other buildings from falling debris. Why just WTC Building 7?

Do your eyes see fires on 10 floors of that building?

You know like really intense office fires that sprinklers can't put out?

Simply that flight 97 never made it to WTC B7. Think about it?

Or the plane that disintegrated after hitting Pentagon??? Is that possible?

There are so many engineers, professionals and professors who dispute those physical events and question them but no one gives a hoot.

Most people take the smug obnoxious we are so much better than them approach.

There is a clear effort been made for raising public opinion to support war but after Iraq people have wised up to US and UK shenanigans.

Enemy is within. Open your eyes.

Report raises more questions than it answers.

So why didn't fires erupt in other buildings from falling debris. Why just WTC Building 7?

Do your eyes see fires on 10 floors of that building?

You know like really intense office fires that sprinklers can't put out?

Simply that flight 97 never made it to WTC B7. Think about it?

Or the plane that disintegrated after hitting Pentagon??? Is that possible?

There are so many engineers, professionals and professors who dispute those physical events and question them but no one gives a hoot.

Most people take the smug obnoxious we are so much better than them approach.

There is a clear effort been made for raising public opinion to support war but after Iraq people have wised up to US and UK shenanigans.

Enemy is within. Open your eyes.

Popular mechanics, now I’m sure there is a link with Brexit [emoji1360]

Moving thread back on track...

May's Brexit Red Line on Customs Union Could Be Next to Go

Theresa May’s officials could be lining up to keep the U.K. in the European customs union after Brexit, according to a new analysis that chimes with the views of parts of the British government.

Some of May’s officials think that quitting the customs union in order to win the power to strike free trade agreements with countries such as the U.S. or Australia is not as desirable as passionate Brexit supporters believe.

Such trade deals with third countries can take a long time to negotiate and end up mired in litigation, while measures short of formal FTAs can still deliver significant benefits, one person said, speaking on condition of anonymity because the discussions are private.

All the red lines just dissolving with a few drops of rain. So much for tough difficult negotiations. Numbers don't stack up do they.

So all you Brexiteers, what's happening to all the fodder you've pushed and shuffled with countries queuing up to trade with UK. They've just disappeared. Pmmmphhhh. Zilllllchhhh... Gone. Nada.

Pie in the sky promises slipping away. Where's moggy boy? As for govey his introducing more controls and red tape on animal movements or stopping them altogether. Brexit camp in right mess. :whistling

Brexit camp in right mess. :whistling

Not really, it's just going to be a long struggle, Deep State in full defence mode, it's no coincidence Blair is popping up on an almost daily basis, even the Tory puppets must be getting sick of the sight of him by now.

What did you see? Two planes hit two buildings and three had perfect demolitions :LOL:

So what hit WTC Building 7 then?

https://www.popularmechanics.com/tec...a3524/4278874/

Today's report confirms that a fire was, indeed, the cause. "This is the first time that we are aware of, that a building taller than about 15 stories has collapsed primarily due to fires," Sunder told reporters at the press conference. "What we found was that uncontrolled building fires--similar to fires experienced in other tall buildings--caused an extraordinary event, the collapse of WTC7." The unprecedented nature of the event means that understanding the precise mechanism of the collapse is important not just to answer conspiracy theorists' questions, but to improve safety standards in the engineering of large buildings.

The final report describes how debris from the collapse of WTC 1 ignited fires on at least 10 floors of WTC 7 at the western half of the south face. Fires on Floors 7 through 9 and 11 through 13 burned out of control, because the water supply to the automatic sprinkler system had failed. The primary and backup water supply to the sprinkler systems for the lower floors relied on the city's water supply. Those water lines were damaged by the collapse of WTC 1 and 2. These uncontrolled fires in WTC 7 eventually spread to the northeast part of the building, where the collapse began.

Debris from collapse of other buildings ignited fires that could not be put out by sprinklers or other people and the intensity of office material was soooo freaking intense the building core structure melted away SYMMETRICALLY causing total building to come down at speed of gravity with no resistance from lower floors.

If you guys believe that crock of sh1t you guys need help. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Your eyes are the least of your troubles imo ROTFLMAO

Can you say that once more ? Just the way you said it ? :LOL::LOL:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=22s&v=3IKbkjs8xd0

Do you actually believe that shizen ? :LOL::LOL:

This Skripal/Syria business will finish the Tories, lost all credibility, fools, Corbyn must be laughing into his beer if it wasn't so frikkin serious. But then no MPs give a sh1t about people, so Corbyn will be laughing into his beer after all. What idiots would vote Tory after this debacle (and Brexit)?

Last edited:
This Skripal/Syria business will finish the Tories, lost all credibility, fools, Corbyn must be laughing into his beer if it wasn't so frikkin serious. But then no MPs give a sh1t about people, so Corbyn will be laughing into his beer after all. What idiots would vote Tory after this debacle?

Well S c , I concur, I think there doing ok standing up to Russia the way they have, I mean Jezza is buckling at the seams with the anti semitism within his party, god only knows how he would of handled the Skripal case had he been in power, I think Theresa May has made a name for herself with the tough stance she’s taken, couldn’t of been easy.. got my vote and I think Atilla’s starting to see the light :LOL:

S
This Skripal/Syria business will finish the Tories, lost all credibility, fools, Corbyn must be laughing into his beer if it wasn't so frikkin serious. But then no MPs give a sh1t about people, so Corbyn will be laughing into his beer after all. What idiots would vote Tory after this debacle?

Why do you say that?

I thought it's more likely to be Brexit red lines that no longer exist. One by one all been removed.

I was turning my self, thinking UK should walk away and good to see the EU brake up. Enough of this unification experiment. Let people have their say and do as they please.

Who gives a hoot about borders. I can go where ever I want anyhow, no skin off my nose.

Tories are well and truly lost. Labour is government in waiting imo. LibDems catching up gaining council seats as well. Wooo hoooo.

As long as Tories get stuffed I'm happy come what may. Strong and stable government and the only party who can manage Brexit... What a laff.

They are now moving towards Labour's position about being in a common market perhaps like Norway and having another vote on the final deal much like LibDem's proposition.

So what have the tories done? Destroyed numbers in NHS, police force and teachers. Raised payout to private public partnerships and continue to subsidise private railway companies. Colossal failure of public utilities imo. Watch this space.

Last edited:
S

Why do you say that?

I thought it's more likely to be Brexit red lines that no longer exist. One by one all been removed.

I was turning my self, thinking UK should walk away and good to see the EU brake up. Enough of this unification experiment. Let people have their say and do as they please.

Who gives a hoot about borders. I can go where ever I want anyhow, no skin off my nose.

Tories are well and truly lost. Labour is government in waiting imo. LibDems catching up gaining council seats as well. Wooo hoooo.

As long as Tories get stuffed I'm happy come what may. Strong and stable government and the only party who can manage Brexit... What a laff.

They are now moving towards Labour's position about being in a common market perhaps like Norway and having another vote on the final deal much like LibDem's proposition.

So what have the tories done? Destroyed numbers in NHS, police force and teachers. Raised payout to private public partnerships and continue to subsidise private railway companies. Colossal failure of public utilities imo. Watch this space.

I've said it a few times on this thread now, there isn't a mainstream political party that is capable of running the country, none of them are competent, some are less competent than others. Trusting our futures to any of them makes a mockery of us. Vote them all out and choose a new party, it's needed.

I've said it a few times on this thread now, there isn't a mainstream political party that is capable of running the country, none of them are competent, some are less competent than others. Trusting our futures to any of them makes a mockery of us. Vote them all out and choose a new party, it's needed.
In my view there are 2 different and probably conflicting possibilities here.
1. As SC suggests, hope for a new party, like Macron in France, full of untried amateurs. A democracy.
2. A Putin like dictatorship. Trump openly admires this alternative, with himself on top presumably.
But what may be best for the country, could be awful to live with. Is it really so marvellous for the average Joe, if the country he lives in, has the most nukes ?

Here in the UK we tend to take for granted what a long and difficult struggle it has been to get where we are.
And just where is that you may well ask.
That there are open laws that govern everybody equally and reasonbly fairly.

LibDem's is the new party you talk about SC. They also have experience and Vince Cable is a true Brit old and wise and doesn't have his head up is rear unlike the Govies or Boris power crazed types.

He has the makings of a great leader imo.

He also did much good work for Trade and Industry and the North Powerhouse Project is his vision. (y)

Shame they got screwed by the Tories whom they helped when the country needed unity and leadership. :(

LibDem's is the new party you talk about SC. They also have experience and Vince Cable is a true Brit old and wise and doesn't have his head up is rear unlike the Govies or Boris power crazed types.

He has the makings of a great leader imo.

He also did much good work for Trade and Industry and the North Powerhouse Project is his vision. (y)

Shame they got screwed by the Tories whom they helped when the country needed unity and leadership. :(

For me not, LibDem are mainstream, have never proved their worth, spout the same old as the other parties, time for change. Forthcoming May elections will be fascinating.

In my view there are 2 different and probably conflicting possibilities here.
1. As SC suggests, hope for a new party, like Macron in France, full of untried amateurs. A democracy.
2. A Putin like dictatorship. Trump openly admires this alternative, with himself on top presumably.
But what may be best for the country, could be awful to live with. Is it really so marvellous for the average Joe, if the country he lives in, has the most nukes ?

Here in the UK we tend to take for granted what a long and difficult struggle it has been to get where we are.
And just where is that you may well ask.
That there are open laws that govern everybody equally and reasonbly fairly.

I agree with your last paragraph, we have a long history of democracy, the Magna Carta is an important document, we base our laws and constitution on it, we have lost many lives defending it, we don't need to change much, but we do need people in power that understand the changes that are happening in society and are able to adapt to that.

Any modern political party should recognise that democracy is in the hands of the people more than ever because of modern internet communication and it is always the people that get the last say.

What we don't need are people in power that attempt to change society for their own good, this has been happening for 20-30 years now.

I agree with your last paragraph, we have a long history of democracy, the Magna Carta is an important document, we base our laws and constitution on it, we have lost many lives defending it, we don't need to change much, but we do need people in power that understand the changes that are happening in society and are able to adapt to that.

Any modern political party should recognise that democracy is in the hands of the people more than ever because of modern internet communication and it is always the people that get the last say.

What we don't need are people in power that attempt to change society for their own good, this has been happening for 20-30 years now.

I agree with most of that except that people should get the last say.

In my view it is the job of leaders to lead - not follow. That is why we have a representative democracy where our leaders make decisions on the basis of what they determine is best for our country and its people within the framework of general principles that people support.

We’d live in a very different country if the the popular mood had been followed at every twist and turn.

I agree with most of that except that people should get the last say.

In my view it is the job of leaders to lead - not follow. That is why we have a representative democracy where our leaders make decisions on the basis of what they determine is best for our country and its people within the framework of general principles that people support.

We’d live in a very different country if the the popular mood had been followed at every twist and turn.

My explanation is not quite clear, when I say the people always get the last say, I mean this through the ballot box. We elect representatives so that they may uphold the law and constitution in our name, we entrust them to do so. When our elected representatives clearly do not represent the views of the the people any longer then people have the last say in voting for someone else.

The problem is that over the last few decades the people have been consistently lied to by our elected representatives, over all sorts of matters, it's been easy for them to do so and they have managed to get away with it.

But society has moved on, their lies and corruption are far more transparent to the general public than ever before thanks to technology and whistle blowers, you see govts now scrambling to silence people to defend govts own lies and corruption, they use the institutions of state, the police, the justice system, councils, schools, intelligence services and media to keep a lid on it, but eventually this won't work. Brexit has been the catalyst for change as it has highlighted these things. I just hope we don't end up in a China situation where all democracy has been lost and the people are controlled without the opportunity for regime change.

Talk about regime change in Syria, we need it in the UK/EU :)

Last edited: