Brexit and the Consequences

I think that Split's comments may well have applied at the time that the EEC was established but I'd suggest that those feelings aren't at the forefront of the present crew. Either way, the EU is playing politics with the Irish situation. But that's what politicians do isn't it !

Way I see it...

1. Stop German military build up but in general prevent outbreak of future wars
2. Establish CAP to prevent starvation and ensure food independence as a strategic national interest so Europe never ever again experiences starvation
3. Establish a common market to obtain economies of scale and more favoural international trade agreements

4. Harmonisation of taxation
5. Establishment of market wide good standards, directives and regulations
6. Common currency and Central Bank
7. Political union

Forgot Treaty of Rome and ECJ but you know it all make sense right?

These are all natural progressions to most people. Same steps have applied to the establishment of most nations from tribal and regional conflict.

You are very picky to say the least. You talk about the wars when it suits you and then you say it doesn't apply anymore when it doesn't.

You say you didn't vote for political union and then you suggest brexit and braking away from the union now makes the whole shenanigans a political game.

You hop and change your mind more frequently than a French hooker drops her drawers. :)

OR have I got it wrong again :cheesy:

Last edited:
Way I see it...

2. Establish CAP to prevent starvation and ensure food independence as a strategic national interest so Europe never ever again experiences starvation
3. Establish a common market to obtain economies of scale and more favoural international trade agreements

6. Common currency
7. Political union

are all natural progressions to most people. Same steps have applied to the establishment of most nations from tribal and regional conflict.

You are very picky to say the least. You talk about the wars when it suits you and then you say it doesn't apply anymore when it doesn't.

You say you didn't vote for political union and then you suggest brexit and braking away from the union now makes the whole shenanigans a political game.

You hop and change your mind more frequently than a French hooker drops her drawers. :)

There's no overall clear-cut answer with Brexit hence my seemingly incompatible statements. A simple vote but very complex and wide-ranging inputs.

It's like trading - simple but not easy. I don't profess to be an expert - I just have opinions!

Way I see it...

6. Common currency
7. Political union

are all natural progressions to most people. Same steps have applied to the establishment of most nations from tribal and regional conflict.

Those are harmonious ideals, some social experiments start out with well meaning intentions, why is it when asked for an answer, that the people are roughly 50/50 when it should be more clear-cut than that? Is there a centre line, a slackline of idealogy that could work for us humans and our stupid, no, neanderthal brains?

Why is the general consensus that Neanderthal is associated with stupid? Surely, Neanderthals had better skills than just being politicians.

:cheesy:

Those are harmonious ideals, some social experiments start out with well meaning intentions, why is it when asked for an answer, that the people are roughly 50/50 when it should be more clear-cut than that? Is there a centre line, a slackline of idealogy that could work for us humans and our stupid, no, neanderthal brains?

Why is the general consensus that Neanderthal is associated with stupid? Surely, Neanderthals had better skills than just being politicians.

:cheesy:

Ehemmm sorry matey you've lost me again...

That last sentence lingo. Is that English or Neanderthal? :rolleyes:

Ehemmm sorry matey you've lost me again...

That last sentence lingo. Is that English or Neanderthal? :rolleyes:

Well even Mr Neanderthal evolved from knuckle draggin to where we are today, if EU politicians and UKGov had evolved as fast as Neanderthals then Brexit would be done and dusted by now.

I'm sure monkeys could run a better show than the double crossing turds we currently have to endure - and that my friends, is an insult to monkeys.

The slimey politicians always have 85% attention on how to profit personally from events. Because they don't like to get bogged down by changing times they are all for the project but all against it at the same time. That is why their negotiations never get settled until the last minute. If that's not confusing I don't know what is.

A new poll suggests the British public wants another referendum before leaving the European Union. But the result raises more questions than it answers.
The YouGov survey, commissioned by the anti-Brexit group Best for Britain, showed that 44 percent of those polled said there should be a vote on the exit terms, compared with 36 percent who said there shouldn’t be one. The poll had the advantage of asking a very specific question: should the public have a final say on whether Britain accepts the deal or remains in the EU. Other polls have been vaguer about what the alternative to accepting the deal that Prime Minister Theresa May brings back from Brussels would be.

Such a question would prompt howls of outrage from the most dedicated Brexit-backers, who don’t much like the look of the deal as it’s shaping up. The agreement so far involves paying a £40 billion ($56 billion) divorce bill, accepting free movement and EU rules for another two years after Brexit and losing membership of the single market. It’s worth remembering that by the time of any vote, the future trade deal won’t have been hashed out in any great detail and instead there will be a vague commitment to what might come next.

So the debate about what the question should be in any second referendum is far from settled, even if it’s hard to imagine an alternative question. While Brexit supporters would want the question to be this deal or no deal, surely no government would dare give voters the opportunity to choose to leave the EU without a deal and run the risk they might just go for it. The YouGov poll showed 44 percent would vote to remain compared with 41 percent who would opt to leave, but pollsters are generally skeptical that people have really changed their minds since the vote in June 2016.

And how would a referendum come about anyway? Parliament would have to vote for it. Anti-Brexit campaigners are focusing on the autumn, when May hopes to bring the deal back from Brussels and has promised to put it to Parliament for a vote. It’s a take-it-or-leave-it vote between the agreement reached and no deal, the government says. May has been adamant there won’t be a second referendum. Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn also doesn’t support one, though he hasn’t ruled it out.

Anti-Brexit Members of Parliament from both sides have other ideas, though, and are already working on strategies to try to force another plebiscite. The EU has indicated it would be keen and keeps telling Britain it would have her back.
In case you missed it, here’s our look ahead at what the next few months might hold for May as she navigates Brexit.

Brexit: Number of Britons getting EU citizenship of another country doubles

Oh boy... now there is a consequence of Brexit I never would have guessed. :whistling

Blimey, if the exit continues at that rate we will have no indigenous Brits left in the country in another 14 thousand years, well done Independent for wasting 30 seconds of my life tracking down the numbers in your report, maybe if you get enough readers you might make it back to being a paper in print again - not!

Apologies to sidetrack the thread once again, but to finish my Skripal analysis, it looks like the link is Syria. A few weeks of anti-Putin propaganda with a false flag nerve agent attack followed by a false flag chemical attack in Syria, just as the US are about to pull out, the rebels have capitulated and peace was to descend, why on earth would Assad pull such a stunt, just for sh!ts and giggles?

Methinks dirty tricks at play again, someone wants to keep US in Syria and create a greater conflict with Russia, oh look, the Brits are gearing up for war and hardly anyone is objecting, whilst media still in full propaganda mode showing video of children being washed down, sickening however this is playing out.

Apologies to sidetrack the thread once again, but to finish my Skripal analysis, it looks like the link is Syria. A few weeks of anti-Putin propaganda with a false flag nerve agent attack followed by a false flag chemical attack in Syria, just as the US are about to pull out, the rebels have capitulated and peace was to descend, why on earth would Assad pull such a stunt, just for sh!ts and giggles?

Methinks dirty tricks at play again, someone wants to keep US in Syria and create a greater conflict with Russia, oh look, the Brits are gearing up for war and hardly anyone is objecting, whilst media still in full propaganda mode showing video of children being washed down, sickening however this is playing out.

Agree SC, it is clear just how badly a war is wanted in Syria. However, I'm not clear who's interests it would serve.

Certainly not UKs or US. Let's scratch our heads and think about who might benefit from destabilising Syria.

There is no reason for this attack to be made by the Syrian regime now. Somebody is pooh stirring. Stinks of false flag to me too.

Much like FBI's slam dunk case against Iraq on WMD. Withing about couple of hours UK and US were blaming Syria for the attack. How convenient?

Catalogue of events unfolding at moment. I'm sure there will be more. A clear case for public support is being made. Don't forget van driving into public in Germany either. I'm sure we are going to see more of these blamed on ISIS or some other daft faction.

Listen to Dr. Steven Jones - Professor of Physics tell you about it.
1:40 into the video.

Compare B7 burning to Grenfell Tower.

Some people are really in denial.

The case for the Axis of Evil project continues. Wake up folks. :idea:

Use your own heads eyes and ears. They are massaging public opinion for wars.

What threat has the UK ever faced from Syria, Russia or Iraq or Iran?

Here is a real building ablaze and burning with intensity.
nintchdbpict000331466766.jpg

The enemy is within. People who want to make money out of death. Beware...

:love::love::love:

When I was nobbut a lad a bus mounted the pavement in front of me and my dad and went on to smash into a shop.

“ remember exactly what happened” said my dad as we compared notes “and we’ll read about it in the paper”.

Come the day and the newspaper described the accident which did not compare to what we had seen. And it went on to imply that the driver may have been drunk.

“Let that be a lesson to you, my boy” said dad “never believe what you read in the papers. Especially when they start guessing the reasons why something happened.”

Best lesson he ever gave me :)