Brexit and the Consequences

No, the USSR failed for the same reasons the EU will, its intransigent, fear-mongering, statist policies. So, make your Kumbaya hug circle about "melting pots" and prepare for the fall of the Western Soviet Union.

"melting pots" fail for people who are intolerant. The Chinese have a system that allows multi-ethnicity to thrive. With close ties between EU and China, it's only logical the Chinese knowledge and systems will be adopted by EU.

The chance of EU emerging as a unified major power in the world is in fact rather good.

I am not familiar with FOPS. But wiki says: The word "fop" is first recorded in 1440, and for several centuries just meant a fool of any kind. Are you playing with a fool's gold ?

So you are positive on brexit but short the £. If you are that positive on the future of post-brexit UK, shouldn't you be long the £ ?

The Currency is immaterial to the economy. China purposefully manipulates and devalues their own currency. The USD is also irrelevant to the US economy. They are separate entities. They have different reasons for moving independently of each other. The dept of Treas. can mop up money supply and/or incr. Fed rate.

All in all, a cheap £ can be beneficial to the UK, just as a £ that is too expensive is detrimental to the UK.

PS stop with the pseudo-intellectualism. FOPs are futures options. A futures is made on the GPB/USD pair in bundles of £100,000 or £62,500, then a option contract written on the future and the premium calculated based upon the futures values not the spot price.

FV = strike*(1+r)^nt then perform Black Scholes on that value across time. Rate = IRP.

"melting pots" fail for people who are intolerant. The Chinese have a system that allows multi-ethnicity to thrive. With close ties between EU and China, it's only logical the Chinese knowledge and systems will be adopted by EU.

The chance of EU emerging as a unified major power in the world is in fact rather good.

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

China and human rights

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Wow stop don't dig yourself any deeper into the hole.

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

China and human rights

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Wow stop don't dig yourself any deeper into the hole.

China and their human rights is their business. I couldn't care less. Logic would suggest they have greater rights than most countries given their large amounts of humans. If they had no rights, how did they thrive ?

Do B52's bombing women and children offer greater human rights ?

The Currency is immaterial to the economy. China purposefully manipulates and devalues their own currency. The USD is also irrelevant to the US economy. They are separate entities. They have different reasons for moving independently of each other. The dept of Treas. can mop up money supply and/or incr. Fed rate.

All in all, a cheap £ can be beneficial to the UK, just as a £ that is too expensive is detrimental to the UK.

PS stop with the pseudo-intellectualism. FOPs are futures options. A futures is made on the GPB/USD pair in bundles of £100,000 or £62,500, then a option contract written on the future and the premium calculated based upon the futures values not the spot price.

FV = strike*(1+r)^nt then perform Black Scholes on that value across time. Rate = IRP.

I hope you will hold your puts tight. When the price is lower, I'll get some GBP and use your liquidity. You are going to learn the tail risk has a big sting on it.

Any reason why you are not short EUR ? What applies in you logic to GBP should apply to EUR, no ? But I suppose you couldn't handle the current up-trend in EUR vs USD ?

China and their human rights is their business. I couldn't care less. Logic would suggest they have greater rights than most countries given their large amounts of humans. If they had no rights, how did they thrive ?

Do B52's bombing women and children offer greater human rights ?

Do you seriously have to ask that? OMG by all means move there and vaunt their government. UnEnlightenedJoe Communist Party table for one.

I hope you will hold your puts tight. When the price is lower, I'll get some GBP and use your liquidity. You are going to learn the tail risk has a big sting on it.

Any reason why you are not short EUR ? What applies in you logic to GBP should apply to EUR, no ? But I suppose you couldn't handle the current up-trend in EUR vs USD ?

Because how many times do I have to tell you that the EU is not a country. The ECB only exists so long as there is an EU and only because it rapes the coffers of countries like the UK to the tune of £165bn. The BOE existed pre- and will exist post-EU.

Countries can regulated their own currencies. A non-country like EU cannot do so as easily.

Do you seriously have to ask that? OMG by all means move there and vaunt their government. UnEnlightenedJoe Communist Party table for one.

Yes, outside the US the CNN propaganda is less effective. But I have to admit, CNN is my only news source. I read it like comic.

Why are you so obsessed with China ? If your country like to run China that much why don't you go show us some shock-and-all ? I want to egg you on because I am looking for some lulz. Show them commie women and children the power of your B52's, or is this power only good against little people/country ?

Last edited:
Because how many times do I have to tell you that the EU is not a country. The ECB only exists so long as there is an EU and only because it rapes the coffers of countries like the UK to the tune of £165bn. The BOE existed pre- and will exist post-EU.

Countries can regulated their own currencies. A non-country like EU cannot do so as easily.

Ok, EUR is not regulated. This is why you are not short EUR because it will be manipulated against you ?

No idea how EU is raping UK. I don't care for macro-stuff, they have no bearing on short term trading. In any case, UK willingly went to the EU raping party in the first place. Obviously it was a good deal. Close to 50% of the UK population (my estimate) still reckon it's a good rape and want more.

Ok, EUR is not regulated. This is why you are not short EUR because it will be manipulated against you ?

No idea how EU is raping UK. I don't care for macro-stuff, they have no bearing on short term trading. In any case, UK willingly went to the EU raping party in the first place. Obviously it was a good deal. Close to 50% of the UK population (my estimate) still reckon it's a good rape and want more.

Yes, I well aware.

Also, I hope you are indeed doing this for the "lulz" because no adult could have as little knowledge on the on issue as you. Good joke sir. You had me going.

8c463183d622047aebfe0d46f3420d7d--british-royals.jpg

Worth remembering that Britain dealt with the question of empires persisting into the 20th century very differently to some other European powers. Also that both the current British political philosophies and the general opinion of the population immediately after WWII was that the Empire was no longer sustainable for moral reasons. Whereas the creation of an empire through conquest should always be at least questionable, the British decision to dissolve the British Empire and in general the way it was done should be applauded.

While morality may have had something to do with it, there was also the money. Britain was not in great shape after WWII. Rationing wasn't lifted until 1954. Without loans, one wonders how long it would have taken Britain to come back.

While morality may have had something to do with it, there was also the money. Britain was not in great shape after WWII. Rationing wasn't lifted until 1954. Without loans, one wonders how long it would have taken Britain to come back.

Nevertheless, Belgium, France and Portugal handled their old empires post-WWII very differently to Britain, with disastrous results and consequences still hard felt in their former colonies today.

The US empire has taken a different path again, and remains in existence, hopefully to the benefit of all concerned.

Nevertheless, Belgium, France and Portugal handled their old empires post-WWII very differently to Britain, with disastrous results and consequences still hard felt in their former colonies today.

The US empire has taken a different path again, and remains in existence, hopefully to the benefit of all concerned.

Depends on the part of the world they are in. I've been to many French colonial places because my company was on charter to Messageries Maritimes. Saigon, Reunion I managed to look around. I was impressed. Very clean and nice. Haiphong was a war zone and the ship was berthed in an enclosure and closed off from the forest by sentry boxes, like in the prisons. My friend's ship was attacked by rebels and the Chief Engineer had an unexploded rocket under his bed. Thr French were quite apologetic about it, though, and thanked us for coming :D

Depends on the part of the world they are in. I've been to many French colonial places because my company was on charter to Messageries Maritimes. Saigon, Reunion I managed to look around. I was impressed. Very clean and nice. Haiphong was a war zone and the ship was berthed in an enclosure and closed off from the forest by sentry boxes, like in the prisons. My friend's ship was attacked by rebels and the Chief Engineer had an unexploded rocket under his bed. Thr French were quite apologetic about it, though, and thanked us for coming :D

The French post-WWII management of Vietnam and Algeria to name just two can't be said to have been inspired.

I suggest detriment, but I suppose it depends on one's POV.

It always does and it is the majority POV that carries the day. India's and Pakistan's POV got the Brits out--plus that of the rest of the world's, otherwise, make no mistake about it, we'd, still, be there.

The majority POV most likely being shaped by Nazi imperialism. But even if world opinion had not been so large a factor, I wonder if Britain had the resources.

As for the US, we've been shifting from "imperial power" to bully for quite some time. Is the rest of the world finally beginning to see that, given what's going on in our legislative and executive branches? (And let's not forget civilian behavior . . . )

The majority POV most likely being shaped by Nazi imperialism. But even if world opinion had not been so large a factor, I wonder if Britain had the resources.

As for the US, we've been shifting from "imperial power" to bully for quite some time. Is the rest of the world finally beginning to see that, given what's going on in our legislative and executive branches? (And let's not forget civilian behavior . . . )

That's not how I would describe it....more like, "manipulative bully" to "increasingly irrelevant"

A bit like the EU then!

Last edited: