Brexit and the Consequences

That's not how I would describe it....more like, "manipulative bully" to "increasingly irrelevant"

More like both, though on the whole we do not yet grasp the "increasingly irrelevant" part, except for the farmers who are beginning to have trouble finding markets for their goods. China's ever-greater role in the TPP which we abandoned should eventually make this clear to even the dullest Republican.

I see that the UK has set out the "ambitious new customs arrangement" it wants to secure with the EU after Brexit.

What a laugh - "we'd like our cake and eat it too, please" . Fat chance.

Last edited:
I see that the UK has set out the "ambitious new customs arrangement" it wants to secure with the EU after Brexit.

It appears that the UK is very nearly as arrogant as the US, if that's possible, even to the point of occupying an alternate reality. We're demonstrating the consequences of that on a daily basis.

:LOL: So, how much nearer are we to my position of "there will be no agreed deal" ?

This really wasn't hard to figure out.:)

It appears that the UK is very nearly as arrogant as the US, if that's possible, even to the point of occupying an alternate reality. We're demonstrating the consequences of that on a daily basis.

I don't think they deserve to be taken seriously - so much of what politicians say to / about foreign governments is for domestic points-scoring. When they and their officials come to sit down together, suddenly they're not quite the tough radical fire-brands they tried to make us think they were.

That's not how I would describe it....more like, "manipulative bully" to "increasingly irrelevant"

A bit like the EU then!

No country is "relevant" if it does not want a war. If one is not willing to fight for his rights, how much relevance is there?

The old saying "Put up or shut up!" is the last word, surely?

If the impingement of rights is essentially imaginary, the desire to fight the impingement is not far removed from schizophrenia.

Worth remembering that Britain dealt with the question of empires persisting into the 20th century very differently to some other European powers. Also that both the current British political philosophies and the general opinion of the population immediately after WWII was that the Empire was no longer sustainable for moral reasons. Whereas the creation of an empire through conquest should always be at least questionable, the British decision to dissolve the British Empire and in general the way it was done should be applauded.

Yes, England handled it better than Spain.

I thought your position was that the EU needed us much more than we needed them so they would be clamouring for a deal.

They do, but don't confuse what member countries want, which is trade, with what the EU elites want, which is power and punishment of the UK.

Watch the infighting begin when we tell the EU to get stuffed. It's coming you know.
https://www.express.co.uk/news/worl...e-free-movement-labour-reform-support-romania

Another interesting development as Germany repatriates a large chunk of it's gold reserves, Three yrs ahead of schedule! Now why would they do that?:LOL:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world...ozone-Frankfurt-Angela-Merkel-finance-economy

Last edited:
Pleeez!!!

Don't compare Junker with TM.

He is only doing a better job than she and her cohorts are doing. ie. defending his own side.

Davis must be going hairless with Parliament.

Traitors from within. At least now everyone knows who they are :)

Boris - McDonnell - May

Boris.JPG

It looks like Boris is manning up to take over the Conservatives and get Brexit sorted out. Meanwhile the Maybot dithers - latest example: Parsons Green bomb – no need to upgrade the security rating but a few hours later does precisely that. This woman has no sense of what to say and when to keep quiet and reserve her options.

If the Conservatives carry on as they are with her while the trade unions and the most dangerous man in British politics justifiably seize upon things like the public sector pay cap, then we can look forward to comrade Corbyn's regime. And who is this "most dangerous man in British politics"? – Our old friend John McDonnell whose greatest influences he admits to being Marx, Lenin and Trotsky.

Interesting article here with Darling looking back to the 2008 crash and a hypothesis of what McDonnell would do today.

Certainly seems sensible to me to keep some personal reserves stashed in bullion -it will be too late once the market sniffs any chance of McDonnell getting his hands on the tiller.

Difficult to tell patriots and traitors apart these days. :rolleyes:

Conservatives take back stabbing to a whole new level of deceit and double promises.

Boris thinks his fooled the people with the 350m red bus once and now the ambitious baffoon thinking he can fool them again.

Well Brexiters are anyones game really. Give'm some hope and flattery and they're up for screwing by anyone.

Queue Michael Govie to enter the election arena...

I sincerely believe these politicians have no interest in the UK and are only out get their name on history books. Not much to choose from.

Vince Cable is a true man to his word and very wise in his approach and vision. (y)