Brexit and the Consequences

There you go darling Brexiters...

Something else to stick in your pipes :cool:

The European Court of Justice may be able to make rulings that apply to the U.K. for a “limited” interim period after Britain’s withdrawal from the European Union, Prime Minister Theresa May’s spokesman said in yet another sign of the government’s softening of the country’s stance on Brexit.

“He said the transition rules could involve the ECJ for a limited time, but obviously that’s all a matter for negotiation," the spokesman, James Slack, told reporters in London, referring to earlier remarks by May’s deputy, Damian Green, in a BBC radio interview.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...eu-court-may-hold-sway-for-limited-transition

I don't seem to recall but somebody said Parliament should collectively debate and take negotiations forward some time back and now Mrs TM is warming to the idea.

Wonder who turned the bloody difficult wamon around.

I'd hazard a guess she's desperate to hold power come what they say... :LOL:

Laff a minute but all good stuff. Delighted common sense is prevailing in the wind (y)

As for the amazing story bad company hits bad times, let's keep count.

For every 4% sending positive vibes about 30% negative feed back.

Numbers never your strong point though was it? :(

Everyone including business will have to adapt to change. People and businesses are very resilient you know.(y)

Too many doom mongers within the UK wanting Brexit to fail. It's kind of a bit weird you know!

Just man up and get on with it (y)

There you go darling Brexiters...

Something else to stick in your pipes :cool:

The European Court of Justice may be able to make rulings that apply to the U.K. for a “limited” interim period after Britain’s withdrawal from the European Union, Prime Minister Theresa May’s spokesman said in yet another sign of the government’s softening of the country’s stance on Brexit.

“He said the transition rules could involve the ECJ for a limited time, but obviously that’s all a matter for negotiation," the spokesman, James Slack, told reporters in London, referring to earlier remarks by May’s deputy, Damian Green, in a BBC radio interview.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...eu-court-may-hold-sway-for-limited-transition

I don't seem to recall but somebody said Parliament should collectively debate and take negotiations forward some time back and now Mrs TM is warming to the idea.

Wonder who turned the bloody difficult wamon around.

I'd hazard a guess she's desperate to hold power come what they say... :LOL:

Laff a minute but all good stuff. Delighted common sense is prevailing in the wind (y)

I still hold the view that there will be no deal. You need to give this some serious thought. 27 other countries apparently have to agree any so called deal, on everything. Now what do you imagine the odds of that happening are? About as good as us landing on Pluto i'd say!

At some point we are going to resist all the nonsense emanating from the EU(y)

I still hold the view that there will be no deal. You need to give this some serious thought. 27 other countries apparently have to agree any so called deal, on everything. Now what do you imagine the odds of that happening are? About as good as us landing on Pluto i'd say!

At some point we are going to resist all the nonsense emanating from the EU(y)

Ofcourse there won't be a deal because Brexiters promises full of BS.

I'll have couple of lbs of that and and oz of this.

You can take that but we'd like to keep the other.

You need us but we don't need you so if you don't give we walk.

What you are going to find is the Tory party will be pulled to pieces and all funding going to other parties. Peeps losing jobs, industries relocating and the biggest shed storm coming your way.

Fear mongering you say :LOL::LOL::LOL:

You'll be smelling Brexsh1t soon enough... :(

Ofcourse there won't be a deal because Brexiters promises full of BS.

I'll have couple of lbs of that and and oz of this.

You can take that but we'd like to keep the other.

You need us but we don't need you so if you don't give we walk.

What you are going to find is the Tory party will be pulled to pieces and all funding going to other parties. Peeps losing jobs, industries relocating and the biggest shed storm coming your way.

Fear mongering you say :LOL::LOL::LOL:

You'll be smelling Brexsh1t soon enough... :(

First Trump now Turnbull.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40555634

Falling over themselves to be first in the queue. :)

Re the Brexit deal, I like JRM's quote "I like cake and I like eating it"

JRM.JPG

As for Trump that's nonsense. Just diplomatic words. UK already does much trade with US and any increase is likely to be marginal.

How many Australia deals will you need to make to match loss of trade with EU?

Do you imagine that all trade between the UK and the EU will stop? Get a grip ffs.:LOL:

EU is going to have very large bills coming down the pipeline.

Funding of the EU budget from the UK will stop.
Trump has told Europe they need to contribute a lot more to their defense.
China and India are fed up with Europe's protectionist attitude.
France under Macron (new Napoleon) will be in turmoil shortly with new worker rights legislation and the ongoing clusterfek of free movement.
Hungary and others are not playing by the rules, basically saying, you can shove your migrants where the sun don't shine.
Youth unemployment figures still through the roof. If we wait long enough, they won't be youths any longer! Maybe this is the EU solution :LOL:
Greece will be back for another hand out shortly.
Italy under strain economically and the migrant crisis.
Riots in Germany after the G20 meeting, Three nights running!

Apart from that, i'm sure it's all going swimmingly.

Do you imagine that all trade between the UK and the EU will stop? Get a grip ffs.:LOL:

Well you are partially right.

We'll continue buying their stuff and pay higher monies due to WTO.

They'll stop buying ours and compensate by moving what they purchased from us to their local countries.

So remind me what they'll be buying from us again? What's our USP? :(

The UK has taken some criticism for wanting to have its cake and eat it, but why is it that there hasn't been more criticism of the EU for trying to steal some of the London clearing business, and indicating that financial services will need to move. We're still currently in the EU, this sort of thing shouldn't be happening while we're still in the EU.

The UK has taken some criticism for wanting to have its cake and eat it, but why is it that there hasn't been more criticism of the EU for trying to steal some of the London clearing business, and indicating that financial services will need to move. We're still currently in the EU, this sort of thing shouldn't be happening while we're still in the EU.

Why not? They are preparing.

That's what the two years is for.

Transition period is so critical?

Davies said we'll not need it!

Now we are desperate for it!

As for paying the Brexit fee must be done. Transition period will not be for free either.

No pick and mix and choose. Sorry.

Actually it should be no pick and mix and p1ss take.

Tell that to Mr terminally inexact titie dude ;)

Eurosceptics have fecked up the UK economy and international presence for good few decades. They will in the years to come receive such a kicking their careers will be over.

Why not? They are preparing.

Because we're still in the EU and still paying for EU membership. What for? To get screwed by some of those we're subsidising?

Or are you saying, we decided to leave so it's every man for himself? If that's the case, then it's fair for us to refuse exit fee too.

Because we're still in the EU and still paying for EU membership. What for? To get screwed by some of those we're subsidising?

Or are you saying, we decided to leave so it's every man for himself? If that's the case, then it's fair for us to refuse exit fee too.

Euro clearing is still happening here right?

They are planning. What is a transition period? Why do we need it?

https://www.ft.com/content/d0ab9142-bd69-11e6-8b45-b8b81dd5d080?mhq5j=e1

Article from FT Dec 16.
David Davis rebuffed City hopes for Brexit transition deal

Brussels aghast at suggestion interim plan would be considered only to ‘be kind’ to EU

David Davis, Britain’s Brexit secretary, said he was “not really interested” in a transitional deal to cushion Britain from the effects of Brexit and that he would consider one only in order to “be kind” to the EU.

Financial companies have pressed the government to agree a transition period after Britain leaves the bloc and before new trade terms are finalised, during which current arrangements remain in place.

Smug fokker not so smug now is he. These are your leaders. Bleeding turn coats liars and power hungry politicians playing with other peoples jobs, real livelihoods and national interest.

http%3A%2F%2Fcom.ft.imagepublish.prod.s3.amazonaws.com%2F4014a386-bd63-11e6-8b45-b8b81dd5d080

Brexiters have got it soooo wrong. Left to you chaps anyone would think instead of negotiations we're going to war with EU.

The euro clearing houses ...while all the squabbling goes on NY will try to snatch it from under their feet.

Brexiters have got it soooo wrong. Left to you chaps anyone would think instead of negotiations we're going to war with EU.

Yea, well they started it , laughing poor Dave cam out of the building when he asked for a bit of reform, they brought it upon themselves ...

This story holds the key to why the Tory party are losing ground and are so out of touch.

1. These remarks were made at the exclusive East India Club in St James Square, a few hundred yards from the Mall.

Membership Criteria

1. Letters from both proposer and seconder should accompany the application form stating fully the position of the candidate socially and otherwise, his qualifications for membership and the length of time they have known him, which should not ordinarily be less than two years.
2. It would be of assistance to the committee if the candidate could also be supported by members other than the proposer and seconder.
3. J7 applicants (those who apply for membership within 18 months of leaving a school affiliated to the Headmasters' Conference) may only be proposed by their Headmaster. No seconder is required.
4. The son of a member need only be proposed by his father. No seconder is required.
5. A candidate's proposer and seconder must have been members of the club for at least two years.
6. A candidate may be required to attend an interview.

Ladies
In accordance with its constitution, membership of the East India is available only to gentlemen.

2. Despite using the racist term, none of her fellow Tory panelists, including Tory MPs Bill Cash and John Redwood, reacted to it. It took an audience member to raise the issue.

3. In 2008 David Cameron came under pressure to withdraw the whip from Lord Dixon Smith after he used the same words in a House of Lords debate.

4. The irony of of holding this event in a club founded by the East India Company, which was founded off the back of slavery. And the further irony that Politeia, the Tory think tank holding the event, describes itself as “A forum for social and economic thinking”. :LOL:

Attachments

• Nice Club.jpg
    Nice Club.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 64
Last edited: