Brexit and the Consequences

How many times do I have to cover the same ground?

SNP lost 21 seats. Fact.
Tories gained 12 seats. Fact.
Labour gained 6 seats. Fact.
Lib Dems gained 3 seats. Fact.

When you look at the vote share, Tories gained more than the SNP lost. Fact. :LOL:
Lib Dem vote share went down. Fact. :LOL:
The SNP's Two highest profile MP's lost their seats, to the Tories, I might add. Fact. :LOL:

If Scotland wanted Independence, they would have backed the SNP.
The fact that Scots voted Tory in huge numbers, suggests they are happy with the Tory position. A strong union and the Tories negotiating the Brexit position.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election/2017/results/scotland

You simply can't spin away these facts !

Before you said:
The parties who have tried to frustrate Brexit didn't make any progress at the election. SNP went backwards. Fact.

and Now you saying:
The fact that Scots voted Tory in huge numbers, suggests they are happy with the Tory position. A strong union and the Tories negotiating the Brexit position.

Shift in position but still not right. Still spinning away Tosh. (For those who are easily offended that stands for Total Rubbish)

Battle lines drawn as Ruth Davidson calls for Brexit rethink

Tell your leader TM to listen to Ruthy baby coz she owns you.

Battle lines have been drawn within the Conservative Party over Theresa May’s approach to leaving the EU after Ruth Davidson called on her colleagues to “look again” at their Brexit strategy.

(y)

Before you said:
The parties who have tried to frustrate Brexit didn't make any progress at the election. SNP went backwards. Fact.

and Now you saying:

Shift in position but still not right. Still spinning away Tosh. (For those who are easily offended that stands for Total Rubbish)

Battle lines drawn as Ruth Davidson calls for Brexit rethink

Tell your leader TM to listen to Ruthy baby coz she owns you.

Battle lines have been drawn within the Conservative Party over Theresa May’s approach to leaving the EU after Ruth Davidson called on her colleagues to “look again” at their Brexit strategy.

(y)

SNP position was to oppose Brexit.
Lib Dem position was to oppose Brexit.

By any measure, both of these parties have lost vote share.

I'm done pointing out these facts. Everyone knows that the debate is finished. Everyone but you it seems :LOL:

SNP position was to oppose Brexit.
Lib Dem position was to oppose Brexit.

By any measure, both of these parties have lost vote share.

I'm done pointing out these facts. Everyone knows that the debate is finished. Everyone but you it seems :LOL:

SNP lost seats because of IndyRef2

CON in Scotland gained seats because Ruth was always a remainer and opposed IR2

LAB gained seats with a softer Brexit, prioritising access to single market & jobs

LIB gained seats on campaigning to put negotiated deal to a vote

Debate is far from finished matey you sound like TM. Negotiations haven't even started yet! Real debate and plans are festering in her draws beyond all eyes and ears.

SNP lost seats because of IndyRef2

CON in Scotland gained seats because Ruth was always a remainer and opposed IR2

LAB gained seats with a softer Brexit, prioritising access to single market & jobs

LIB gained seats on campaigning to put negotiated deal to a vote

Debate is far from finished matey you sound like TM. Negotiations haven't even started yet! Real debate and plans are festering in her draws beyond all eyes and ears.

:):clap::LOL:(y):rolleyes::mad::D(n):sleep:

zzzzzzzzzz

Just interested in how you respond to CV's post before I reply to him.

Are you genuinely impressed with the facts and accept them as they are or just that he has gone to the trouble of listing his pov as opposed to resorting to soundbites?

Hi Atilla, It was at combination of comedy value, in that I had been posting about facts and each of his points were prefixed with a big red FACT. Also I was glad that he said something that would lead to a little more thought than a quick sound bite. It also gave me a little insight as to how his mind was working.
I was still left wondering, from his post if he believes that the majority of people think brexit would be a positive thing or if he believes the numbers are made up partly people in favour of brexit and another group of people that do not believe brexit will be good for us but don't want to get in the way of a referendum result. He did not answer this.
My personal thoughts is that it's highly likely we will be going into a brexit that the majority of people think will be bad for the nation.

what binds us together that we can all laugh along and at each other. :p

So really, not only have we misunderstood the situation but we misunderstand each other too? Hmmm, not exactly reassuring...one can only laugh at the absurdity, but...wait a sec, isn't this where we started?

Hi Atilla, It was at combination of comedy value, in that I had been posting about facts and each of his points were prefixed with a big red FACT. Also I was glad that he said something that would lead to a little more thought than a quick sound bite. It also gave me a little insight as to how his mind was working.
I was still left wondering, from his post if he believes that the majority of people think brexit would be a positive thing or if he believes the numbers are made up partly people in favour of brexit and another group of people that do not believe brexit will be good for us but don't want to get in the way of a referendum result. He did not answer this.
My personal thoughts is that it's highly likely we will be going into a brexit that the majority of people think will be bad for the nation.

Hi Jason,

It's a very long thread now and I have covered all the points you raise at great length. To be brief, I think Brexit will have some short term negative connotations, but in the longer term will be very beneficial for the UK as a whole. But only if we break this imaginary dependency on the EU as a saviour to economic woes. The fact is that the EU cannot survive in the med to long term, unless it undergoes radical reform.

I can't be sure what is in the mind of all voters, but a concensus has now emerged, including Scotland, that we are firmly on a Brexit path and that the voters support the Tories to deliver. This is the trouble with politics, it cannot be all things to all of the people all of the time. So we are were we are and we must move forward.

I didn't want to wind Atilla up further....but you made me do it :) cheers.

Hi Jason,

It's a very long thread now and I have covered all the points you raise at great length. To be brief, I think Brexit will have some short term negative connotations, but in the longer term will be very beneficial for the UK as a whole. But only if we break this imaginary dependency on the EU as a saviour to economic woes. The fact is that the EU cannot survive in the med to long term, unless it undergoes radical reform.

I can't be sure what is in the mind of all voters, but a concensus has now emerged, including Scotland, that we are firmly on a Brexit path and that the voters support the Tories to deliver. This is the trouble with politics, it cannot be all things to all of the people all of the time. So we are were we are and we must move forward.

I didn't want to wind Atilla up further....but you made me do it :) cheers.

More tosh. You need to get out more and talk to people. Ruthy baby won those votes saving Tory bacon because she is very much a remainer.

Labour party doesn't have hardly sufficient number of MPs to stop Brexit, but they'll raise amendments to a hard Brexit and Tory MPs will vote for it along with SNP, Conservatives in Scotland and LibDems.

You really are in another world. Brexiters or TM government never had carte blanche cheque to do what ever they want.

We live in a democracy and a simple ill thought out advisory referendum is not law.

TM got the message but you carry on in your imaginary world. :idea:

More tosh. You need to get out more and talk to people. Ruthy baby won those votes saving Tory bacon because she is very much a remainer.

Labour party doesn't have hardly sufficient number of MPs to stop Brexit, but they'll raise amendments to a hard Brexit and Tory MPs will vote for it along with SNP, Conservatives in Scotland and LibDems.

You really are in another world. Brexiters or TM government never had carte blanche cheque to do what ever they want.

We live in a democracy and a simple ill thought out advisory referendum is not law.

TM got the message but you carry on in your imaginary world. :idea:

Lets just wind the clock back.

Once upon a time there was a referendum held in the UK on it's membership of the EU.
The people debated all the issues long and hard and in their collective wisdom voted to leave the EU and go it alone, despite all the scare stories designed to frighten them off.
Some of the losers were not very happy with the decision and vowed to fight on even though they had lost the argument and the referendum.

They even started inventing names for mechanisms to keep us in, like, Soft Brexit, Hard Brexit, Brexit where we keep some bits we want and reject other bits we don't like. Or SBHBBWWKSBWWAROBWDL for short.

Everyone got themselves into a right old tizz, all running around calling each other names without stopping to consider for One second what the referendum result meant.

So here is what it means. UK voted to leave the EU. No hokey cokey One foot in or out.

That is the end of the story.:)

Lets just wind the clock back.

Once upon a time there was a referendum held in the UK on it's membership of the EU.
The people debated all the issues long and hard and in their collective wisdom voted to leave the EU and go it alone, despite all the scare stories designed to frighten them off.
Some of the losers were not very happy with the decision and vowed to fight on even though they had lost the argument and the referendum.

They even started inventing names for mechanisms to keep us in, like, Soft Brexit, Hard Brexit, Brexit where we keep some bits we want and reject other bits we don't like. Or SBHBBWWKSBWWAROBWDL for short.

Everyone got themselves into a right old tizz, all running around calling each other names without stopping to consider for One second what the referendum result meant.

So here is what it means. UK voted to leave the EU. No hokey cokey One foot in or out.

That is the end of the story.:)

Carry on dreaming.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...million-pledge-to-fund-the-nhs-was-a-mistake/

All change. :LOL:

All due respect....But you do talk some b0ll0cks sometimes...:LOL:

Can you give reference to some of the lies that you were told during the referendum ? Not ones like "the economy will crash" and "the sky will fall in" from the remain camp but from the leave side ?

ill start you off, with one that you thought was a lie....." were giving the whole 350 million eu membership fee to the NHS" :clap: on the brexit bus...

When what was actually written on the bus said..."We send the EU 350 million per week...Lets fund the NHS instead "

Now, I can see where you got confused, but its not the same thing.....I got it straight away as did many others, do you now see the difference :clap:

Ooohh elo... Wats tis about den???

Please explain...

97905329_BRISTOL_ENGLAND_-_MAY_14__Conservative_MP_Boris_Johnson_speaks_as_he_visits_Bristol_on_May-large_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqKjggCdpvXjoraOzAlyzu1MOSRhbr0ZABex7Vh5dC_YU.jpg

Firstly you should be able to answer your own question why Farrage couldn't promise the 350m to the NHS....secondly, have they not pledged to increase spending on the NHS ? It could well amount to that after we leave. Park this one until 2019 and I'll get back to you. Xx

Firstly you should be able to answer your own question why Farrage couldn't promise the 350m to the NHS....secondly, have they not pledged to increase spending on the NHS ? It could well amount to that after we leave. Park this one until 2019 and I'll get back to you. Xx

Yes, LET's park this one next to the red bus until 2019 :LOL:

What would you like done with the 350m per week ? And don't say join the EU.

He's been searching for three days to find that picture, I'll allow him his 5min of glory. Probably still running around the garden naked.