Brexit and the Consequences

I liked Clegg, thought he was pretty well intentioned and came across well. I would quite like to see Tom Brake stepping up to the plate. I just kind of think Vince is old news now, good in support but new blood needed.

He could of possibly be in coalition now had he changed his views slightly....Live to fight another day as it were.

He could of possibly be in coalition now had he changed his views slightly....Live to fight another day as it were.

You kidding??? :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Like getting into bed with vampires only if they promise not to bite.

If LibDems ever went into another coalition with Tories they'd be finished.

I think it's the Tories who'll have to think and wonder how it may have been if they were a little more of a nice-errr party.

I thought Nick Clegg did an excellent job in the coalition putting country before party but the people have punished us for Tories policies on tuition fees.

Having said that it seems they've paid their dues to Labour in turn on tuition fees. I guess it's some level of justice.

By the way - what colour is your stone? Can I take a guess? I reckon it's either black or blue? I'll go with blue! ;)

Very good article with some real data here chaps. Read carefully.

If you hover over map areas you get good stats and picture of economy.

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2017-brexit-effect-on-industry/

Here’s how we chose the companies: We cross-referenced a list of high-priority economic sectors from a leaked government memo, whose contents were later confirmed to Bloomberg, with research from consultants at global audit firm KPMG regarding which industries are most dependent on exports to and labor from the EU. We then combined that insight with original reporting, corporate filings, third-party rankings, and information provided by the companies themselves to identify 30 of the largest global manufacturers active in the country across those key industries.

Sources: Data compiled by Bloomberg from original reporting, U.K. and U.S. filings, company websites and annual reports, press office information requests, the U.K. Electoral Commission, the U.K. Office for National Statistics and the Press Association. Companies included in analysis were identified based on research and rankings from KPMG, the Society of Motor Manufacturers & Traders, the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry, Food & Drink Business Europe, FlightGlobal, and IndustryWeek.

Notes: Manufacturing as a percent of employment data is for 2015. No recent data is available for Northern Ireland.

Unemployment data, covering ages 16 and up, is for 2016 except for 38 districts, where the latest available 12-month rate over the past five years is used. No recent data is available for Northern Ireland, the City of London, or West Somerset.

Sectors covered by the analysis include automotive, aerospace/air transport, food and drink manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, as well as manufacturing related to the electricity sector and industrial products.

Factories presented on the various maps include manufacturing facilities confirmed or publicly listed by the companies we analyzed, even if unrelated to the sectors of primary interest.

Aggregate sales turnover and headcount estimates are based on the latest available figures from 2016 or 2015. Turnover data is unavailable for Sanofi SA and Eli Lilly & Co.

Companies grouped under aerospace may also be defense contractors, and therefore with manufacturing activities un-related directly to aerospace; Bombardier Inc.’s rail transportation division is not included in overall employee estimate for the aerospace segment of our analysis. Companies grouped under conglomerates relate primarily to those active in electricity- or industrial-related production; General Electric Co.’s aviation division is included separately in the overall employee estimate for the aerospace segment.

David Davis is sharpening his pencil ready to start talks Monday morning.....let the "Bre" see the "Exit" ....:clap:

David Davis is sharpening his pencil ready to start talks Monday morning.....let the "Bre" see the "Exit" ....:clap:

I don't trust this government or TM's secrecy and daft negotiation strategy at all.

No confidence in them along with the rest of the nation who have been shut out.

I fear what we will see is sheer incompetence and a fiasco dressed up with silly blurbs and soundbites. Sadly they'll not stand up to scrutiny having had none. (n)

Ha ha. Only you could subscribe to treehugger . Com. ..... T.M wants to go down in history as the p.m that got the fantastic deal for the uk, it's not in her or anyone's interest to come away with a bad / mediocre deal, what has she to gain ? I have every confidence in the team, David Davis seems like he is switched on kind of a guy and knows exactly what he's aiming for.

Very good article with some real data here chaps. Read carefully.

If you hover over map areas you get good stats and picture of economy.

Thanks Atilla, Absolutely great information.

This is the sort of information I had assumed would be touted about in the referendum campaign.

Right from the beginning I had made up my mind not to vote in the referendum, as I didn't feel qualified to make a decision. I say this as someone who takes an interest in such things. As time went on I thought there will be some serious fact based debates coming soon, which never did.. Then at the very last minuet after hearing this guy full of hot air telling me why he voted, it dawned on me,there were lots of people prepared to vote who hadn't properly looked into it at all. So I made a last minuet dash to the polling station to yin his yang.

Thanks Atilla, Absolutely great information.

This is the sort of information I had assumed would be touted about in the referendum campaign.

Right from the beginning I had made up my mind not to vote in the referendum, as I didn't feel qualified to make a decision. I say this as someone who takes an interest in such things. As time went on I thought there will be some serious fact based debates coming soon, which never did.. Then at the very last minuet after hearing this guy full of hot air telling me why he voted, it dawned on me,there were lots of people prepared to vote who hadn't properly looked into it at all. So I made a last minuet dash to the polling station to yin his yang.

I have no idea how any government can embark on a path such as this without doing the background checks and cost benefit analysis of the what ifs. Essentially to produce a white paper (slightly longer than 12 pages or 12 points). Stupid moo TM and Davies thinks that's sufficient.

I'd be laughing my AO if it wasn't so tragically sad.

These two are the worst intollerably stuffy POSs whom I find very difficult listening to.
Jacob-Rees-Mogg-Im-in-fav-010.jpg
456448888.jpg

Utter fooking SHs imo but you know they go on TV talking tripe and people believe them.

If you recall, both these snots made the assertions we can import food cheaper from elsewhere? As it is dawning on the British people;

1. Fall in pound is raising import prices
2. Hard Brexit can take the pound even lower to 1.10s
3. Inflationary pressures now leading BoE to consider raising rates
4. Which will hit peoples mortgages and further reduce disposable incomes
5. Coupled with export of jobs people will begin to see what a load of b0ll0cks these two were talking about.
6. Not to forget food standards much lower outside of UK & EU
7. Perishable food stuff not suitable for long distances thus shorter shelf life on sale

As that article shows the very areas up North will suffer probably the bigger loss of jobs back to Europe.

Only now are we discovering the very expert lady who is to lead negotiates can't even be bothered to talk to her cabinet or take calls from other MPs. Strong lady has hired the same ******s she rubbished and sacked like Gove. Remember what she said about Boris.

Beggars belief. As you can see words fail me.

I do believe this is a great country and Parliament must always be the place where debate and laws should originate from. Not with press gangs out on the street.

Last edited:
Your going to have to stop sitting on the fence regarding this issue Ati...it's time to make a decision on how you really feel about brexit. :whistling

Your going to have to stop sitting on the fence regarding this issue Ati...it's time to make a decision on how you really feel about brexit. :whistling

Wot - u calling me a LibDem... Ahh well you'd be 100% correct then sir :)

How about you put some meat to the bone and quantify all your hyped up promises.

The only party that has a clear policy to negotiate and put the final deal with full transparency to the people and parliament to decide are the LibDems. :) That's what I want. Then I'll be able to judge without the whaffle and hot air. (y)

You sounding like Trump, we are going to do some amazing and fantastic work in getting you the best deal, a most wonderful deal EVERrrrrrr.

Yes ladies and gentlemen we are going to put UK first and make Britain great again simply by stopping freedom of movement, but only for the Europeans and then everything else will fall into place.

We have a great team working on some amazing and fantastic plans. The cabinet has never worked better. We are even recruiting people who lost their jobs coz I fired them.

Resemblance is uncanny don't you think. ;)

Absolutely Db!

I can see cabinet sitting around the table after we drop out looking at and asking each other.

TM; High fives, yes we've done it lads well done...

MG: Ok so how do we establish bilateral trades with the rest of the World. That's what we said we'll do!

MG: By the way what are we selling and what do we want from them?

DD: Don't be stupid. You'll be showing them your hand if you told them what you are prepared to sell and what you want back in exchange. Have you learnt nothing from Brexit negotiations. Let's establish the trade deal first then we can pick and choose what we sell them and what we want in exchange?

TM: Yes that's a perfect plan let's establish strong and stable bilateral trade agreements first and then we can decide what we trade.

Is it horse before the cart or cart before the horse. Tough judgement call that one :)

Last edited:
What is perhaps most disconcerting is the opinion that these people have of the public. Or maybe not. Perhaps what is most disconcerting is that their opinion is true. Exhibit #1: Alex Jones.

Makes you wonder how on earth we survived so long as a country outside the precious Union.....should of just put our hands up in ww1 and let Germany rule us then eh .....

Makes you wonder how on earth we survived so long as a country outside the precious Union.....should of just put our hands up in ww1 and let Germany rule us then eh .....

You are making a faux pas here old boy and forgive the French pun but just as De Gaul didn't want UK in the Union back in the 60s I fear a bigger threat from Macron but you'd never guess it.

They like to have their way and sway over the Germans. Bearing in mind Union needs an army and the French are very close behind us, our loss will be their gain inlcuding wrt future arms deal's and the establishment of a EU army with all the purchases that will follow.

If our defence industries need new markets EU likely to be the biggest one. I fear this is outside the radar of the mass joe public who don't have a freaking clue :whistling

US will also lose strategic influence along with UK in Europe. This Brexit feckup is wrong on so many levels. Big wet fish coming round to Euroscepticles way I reckon.

By the way empire's been in decline ever since 1851. WW1 and WW2 were just the two legs twitching before giving up the colonies...

Last edited:

For one thing, you're an island. For another, the Spitfire was better than what the Germans had to offer.

Theresa May embarassed into second visit to Grenfell. Spoke with emergency personnel on Thursday and was roundly criticised for keeping away from the victims.

She's way above her pay grade. She just can't cut it.