Brexit and the Consequences

3 mins ago

Jeremy Corbyn is now odds-on favourite to become next prime minister

Markets like it

No idea where ya heard that :LOL:

Latest numbers are Cons 318 and as the largest party are first in line to form a govt. With DUP support they can form a working majority.

The alternative would be the coalition of chaos headed up by comrade Corbyn.

Notable scalps.

Salmond out :clap::clap:
Robertson out :clap::clap:
Clegg out :clap::clap:

Farron scraped in with a 700 majority. Woeful :clap::clap:

Tory 20+ seat lead :clap: :clap:

I think @mike. called it, althought a bit early. The GBP appears bottomed.

No idea where ya heard that :LOL:

Latest numbers are Cons 318 and as the largest party are first in line to form a govt. With DUP support they can form a working majority.

The alternative would be the coalition of chaos headed up by comrade Corbyn.

Labour and SNP coalition.

Got your bags packed.:LOL:

So much the better then. Corbyn's call for May's resignation seems quite premature now doesn't it. :LOL:

Well he would say that, it's his job :LOL:

Don't be surprised though if May does resign. The feeling is that she has brought all this upon herself.

Farage has been on telly saying that he is going to have to get involved in Brexit all over again. He's not very happy about it, but he sees it as his duty to make sure Brexit happens.

Don't be surprised though if May does resign. The feeling is that she has brought all this upon herself.

Farage has been on telly saying that he is going to have to get involved in Brexit all over again. He's not very happy about it, but he sees it as his duty to make sure Brexit happens.

Why are people throwing May under the bus? She has barely been in office and people are blaming her for her predecessor's problems.

I could be wrong but it sounded like Farage threw her under the bus. He said Comrade Corbyn just sounded "more human". :mad:

Why are people throwing May under the bus? She has barely been in office and people are blaming her for her predecessor's problems.

I could be wrong but it sounded like Farage threw her under the bus. He said Comrade Corbyn just sounded "more human". :mad:

Some are saying she didn't need to call an election and could have happily done the negotiation on Brexit.
Her sense of fair play and wanting a bigger mandate to carry out that negotiation has been her undoing. She has allowed the rug to be pulled from under her feet.

Corbyn has taken full advantage by promising loads of un costed voter bribes in the knowledge that he would never become PM.

Both of them are guilty of gambling. The UK will be the loser in all this. Politicians screwing it all up again. Nothing new there !

Farage is mad as hell cos he now has to take back control and undo all the damage that's been done.

Well if she gets 30/36, no hung parliament, right? although unlikely, it is possible.

What I don't understand is if her party is in power, why does she have to resign?

Well if she gets 30/36, no hung parliament, right? although unlikely, it is possible.

What I don't understand is if her party is in power, why does she have to resign?

It's all in the numbers.

326 is a majority
318 is the projection

She already had a majority so didn't need to call an election. That's the issue.

This is a matter for her own party. She has made a political blunder. Instead of calling elections to crush the opposition, her government is weaker.

I heard someone mention Boris for pm. I was in bliss until his name cropped up. Horror of horrors!

That's what I find so strange. Nobody, especially not the president gets to call special out-of-term elections for the Senate or House. Even if they die, their spouse fills the vacancy in the interim. Otherwise we would go through senators like water.

Not sure if this is a good thing or bad thing.

Oh, and that's another thing. Elections cost $$$$. Our constituents would eat them for breakfast if they did that. Our last election cost $4 billion.

It wasn't the best campaign from the torys tbf...

Wots tis den... You knocking the blues. Tut tut tut. That's not like you matey.

Tbf - Tories aren't fair are they? (y)

Scholar and a gentleman. Top man. I'm beginning to like you... just a little.

LOL - out of the frying pan and into the fire...

Forget a week being long time in politics, I'm looking forward to you eating your hat :clap::clap::clap:

LOL - out of the frying pan and into the fire...

Forget a week being long time in politics, I'm looking forward to you eating your hat :clap::clap::clap:

I think your missing the point all together.

The chances of doing a deal of any sort now with the EU have completely evaporated.

This is exactly the outcome I wanted :LOL: No deal = hard Brexit. That's the default position, cos we are deffo leaving in 2019, deal or no deal :LOL:

Some are saying she didn't need to call an election and could have happily done the negotiation on Brexit.
Her sense of fair play and wanting a bigger mandate to carry out that negotiation has been her undoing. She has allowed the rug to be pulled from under her feet.

You joker, should try being a stand up comedian with lines like that. It's her bleeding obsession about controlling everything and not allowing anyone to have a say. Did you not see the TM is a tyrant thread by Tomorton?

Corbyn has taken full advantage by promising loads of un costed voter bribes in the knowledge that he would never become PM.

IFS says it's Tories lacking numbers not Labour or LibDems. Arrogance and sheer bloody minded conceit imo.

Both of them are guilty of gambling. The UK will be the loser in all this. Politicians screwing it all up again. Nothing new there !

Farage is mad as hell cos he now has to take back control and undo all the damage that's been done.

People are better informed about consequences of Brexit than before and they'll question what he means and how and what are likely to be the cost. He will not have the free hope and glory ride as before imo.

I do hope he tries and is put in his place. He wears better suits than that scruff bucket Nuttal anyhow. Speaks with a London accent too I'm sure he should get more seats than zero. :LOL: