Brexit and the Consequences

Le Pen is switching her argument to attacking Macron for being elitist and out of touch with the French people.

Macron is a product of the establishment who are not interested in France and the French are somehow managed by forces outside of France ie EU.

She will liberate France, free her from the shackles of EU and stop immigration and Islamic extremism and make France great again.

Le Pen will put France first.

I'm sure you beginning to feel you've heard this message somewhere before.

I think when people see developments in UK and US they'll wake up to the lies and deceits of these new breed of politicians bidding for disgruntled resentment votes of the less-well-off. Unlike in the UK, distribution of incomes and wages are better in France and as they are more integrated into EU being at the centre and heart of it all, they know they'll be killing off the golden goose that lays their eggs for them.

Think about it!

Last edited:
Well considering all the mainstream candidates are out of the French presidential race. I'd say this tell you everything you need to know about trust in politicians. Just like Trump and Brexit, everyone has had enough of the BS business as usual !

The choice for France is pretty simple....reclaim sovereignty and take back control, or miss the opportunity and allow the elites to further their master plan....whatever that might be ! It won't end well if the latter prevails.

Well considering all the mainstream candidates are out of the French presidential race. I'd say this tell you everything you need to know about trust in politicians. Just like Trump and Brexit, everyone has had enough of the BS business as usual !

The choice for France is pretty simple....reclaim sovereignty and take back control, or miss the opportunity and allow the elites to further their master plan....whatever that might be ! It won't end well if the latter prevails.

:sleep:

Thanks to UK and US peeps will soon see through this tripe about taking back control only to hand it over to some myopic and blinkered nationalists instead.

Start shovelling...

:sleep:

Thanks to UK and US peeps will soon see through this tripe about taking back control only to hand it over to some myopic and blinkered nationalists instead.

Start shovelling...

If we consider that May has identified the UK voter issues and is running her campaign with the interests of the people at the fore, then if she does increase her majority, there will be no argument about direction of travel.

Increased majority = :clap::clap::clap:

If we consider that May has identified the UK voter issues and is running her campaign with the interests of the people at the fore, then if she does increase her majority, there will be no argument about direction of travel.

Increased majority = :clap::clap::clap:

Here you go. Control this with your increased majority.

Banks Get Serious About Moving Jobs to Frankfurt on Brexit

Send high income and tax generating business off-shore.

Attract low paying low skilled and low tax paying global companies in.

Stop and think about how Brexit is turning out. :whistling

No harm in appraising developments right?

Deutsche Bank’s Matherat Says 4,000 U.K. Jobs at Risk in Brexit. . .
It's the same ol' story of the elite trying to protect their own best interests. Deutche fear Brexit because the bank's in a mess and it's their own jobs that are at risk as much as anyone's in the U.K. One would have thought by now that those at the top of the pyramid - regardless of who they are, their politics or nationality etc. - would have learnt that project fear simply doesn't work. Where's Cameron now! Trying to scare people into doing / not doing something will only ever make them more entrenched and committed to their cause. It's like telling a teenager to go to bed early and stop spending so much time on their phone - it's a waste of time. The only way to win that argument is to provide said yoof with solid reasons that they are able to relate to so they actually want to go to bed early and spend less time on their phone. Everything else is pointless. All in all, I'll happily wager that the staff at Deutche are far more worried about job security than anyone in financial services in the U.K.
Tim.

It's the same ol' story of the elite trying to protect their own best interests. Deutche fear Brexit because the bank's in a mess and it's their own jobs that are at risk as much as anyone's in the U.K. One would have thought by now that those at the top of the pyramid - regardless of who they are, their politics or nationality etc. - would have learnt that project fear simply doesn't work. Where's Cameron now! Trying to scare people into doing / not doing something will only ever make them more entrenched and committed to their cause. It's like telling a teenager to go to bed early and stop spending so much time on their phone - it's a waste of time. The only way to win that argument is to provide said yoof with solid reasons that they are able to relate to so they actually want to go to bed early and spend less time on their phone. Everything else is pointless. All in all, I'll happily wager that the staff at Deutche are far more worried about job security than anyone in financial services in the U.K.
Tim.

We are not debating individuals or companies here.

We are making a very long term strategic decision impacting the future of UK. It will not be just one company move that'll make any difference. It is all of them.

Some estimates vary from 30 - 70 thousand job losses. It will not stop there. Other ancillary services will also be impacted.

London's position will be impacted. Inland Revenue will be on that list to. Whilst we may gloat at our extensive financial skills, is this the right move for us to maintain that position for the years ahead?

I wouldn't want to lose not even 200 City jobs to European side of the fence. WHY have any job loses. Why not negotiate a deal for those jobs, skills, earnings and tax revenue to stay here?

So when you talk of fishing jobs coming back it is going to be at the expense of many other jobs including motor and pharmaceutical industries too.

If you are not scared then you should be. I can only imagine you do not appreciate the consequences as the whole negotiation process is keeping parliament in the dark, hence the people. So you don't know jack but are given reassurances we'll do just fine if not better, trusting the Tories.

Some estimates vary from 30 - 70 thousand job losses. It will not stop there. Other ancillary services will also be

I wouldn't want to lose not even 200 City jobs to European side of the fence. WHY have any job loses.

Let's add a little perspective here...lloyds of London made headlines a few weeks ago about moving abroad due to brexit, let's not forget they are one of the big players.... their spokesman stated that they will be opening new offices in Brussels, most of the staff will be volunteers from U.K. (Around a few hundred,) this is to look after their European customers which by the way only makes up 11% of their total business.

The banks won't leave the financial capital of the world, especially when the future is looking so bright, moreover , passporting will be high on the agenda of the brexit negotiations, so " calm down dear, it's just life. :LOL:

. . .If you are not scared then you should be. I can only imagine you do not appreciate the consequences as the whole negotiation process is keeping parliament in the dark, hence the people. So you don't know jack but are given reassurances we'll do just fine if not better, trusting the Tories.
Hi Atilla,
I might not know jack - but neither do you. No one does when it comes to what will or won't happen post Brexit. What I do know - and you ought by now to know - is that project fear definitely doesn't work. That's now factual history that everyone can see and learn from - especially those on the remain side of the argument. Constantly spewing out doom 'n gloom projections is pointless and does nothing to convince those of us on the leave side that we made the wrong decision. And I say that as someone who was pro remain up until about two months prior to the referendum. It was project fear that made me realize the remain camp had no other arguments in their arsenal and the only way to get the outcome they desired was to try to put the willies up voters. Sadly, it appears as if nothing has changed. If you're going to convince me that I'm wrong about all of this (and I'm very open minded to that proposition), then you're going to have to deploy completely different arguments - ones that I can relate to. In case you've not grasped the point - scare mongering didn't work in the past and it won't work in the future. Stop doing it!

As for trusting the Tories - yes I trust them more than any other party to deliver on what the majority of the electorate voted for last June. As things stand, the cards are stacked in the U.K.'s favour. Let's face it, if Le Pen is elected as President of France in a few weeks time - then all this becomes pretty academic - as the EU will be history. Brexit is the least of the EU's worries right now.
Tim.

Hi Atilla,
I might not know jack - but neither do you. No one does when it comes to what will or won't happen post Brexit. What I do know - and you ought by now to know - is that project fear definitely doesn't work. That's now factual history that everyone can see and learn from - especially those on the remain side of the argument. Constantly spewing out doom 'n gloom projections is pointless and does nothing to convince those of us on the leave side that we made the wrong decision. And I say that as someone who was pro remain up until about two months prior to the referendum. It was project fear that made me realize the remain camp had no other arguments in their arsenal and the only way to get the outcome they desired was to try to put the willies up voters. Sadly, it appears as if nothing has changed. If you're going to convince me that I'm wrong about all of this (and I'm very open minded to that proposition), then you're going to have to deploy completely different arguments - ones that I can relate to. In case you've not grasped the point - scare mongering didn't work in the past and it won't work in the future. Stop doing it!

As for trusting the Tories - yes I trust them more than any other party to deliver on what the majority of the electorate voted for last June. As things stand, the cards are stacked in the U.K.'s favour. Let's face it, if Le Pen is elected as President of France in a few weeks time - then all this becomes pretty academic - as the EU will be history. Brexit is the least of the EU's worries right now.
Tim.

Do you know banks are planning to move offices to European cities?

As part of your customer relations program you should ask them what you might be able to do to keep them?

You should also ask the question, what if your old customers like the food and drink at the new cafe along with the weather.

Then realise the weather is so much better there too and prices cheaper.

I do know Jack as it happens. Tell Sid. (y)

As for trusting the Tories who are politicians - I can only advise you to wake up. Fact that negotiations are being managed in secret with no recourse to parliament or the people should speak volumes through mega-phone to you. Seems you believe that red bus theory. Carry On as you were dears. :(

Do you know banks are planning to move offices to European cities?

As part of your customer relations program you should ask them what you might be able to do to keep them?

You should also ask the question, what if your old customers like the food and drink at the new cafe along with the weather.

Then realise the weather is so much better there too and prices cheaper.

I do know Jack as it happens. Tell Sid. (y)

As for trusting the Tories who are politicians - I can only advise you to wake up. Fact that negotiations are being managed in secret with no recourse to parliament or the people should speak volumes through mega-phone to you. Seems you believe that red bus theory. Carry On as you were dears. :(

Banks planning to open some sattelite offices in Europe.........so what !:LOL:
London will still be the premier financial center.

Banks planning to open some sattelite offices in Europe.........so what !:LOL:
London will still be the premier financial center.

You and Timsk and Mike are a class act in denial.

Internaitonal Banks are telling you we are moving and you look at Lloyds of London insurance market who are very much a UK based operation anyhow and say well only a satellite office is moving. That's so re-assuraning to you analysts I'm sure it must pass your stringent checks and balances with flying colours. Off with your heads the lot of you. :mad:

Timsk says he wants something he can relate to. Well when those bank tax revenues walk away you will pay more for your public services out of your own taxation - cue Tories raising taxes and elderly patient falling of trolley's parked in corridors waiting for social care and housing.

No worry, Borris the buffoon is on his way with his red bus loaded with £350m and he'll make that trip every week for you lot as he is a good bloke, kind hearted and all that.

Add the airline industry to the motor and pharmaceuticals for more job and business losses...

This is not scare mongering. These are not alternative facts.

Just actual events and negotiations unfolding. :idea:

Do you know banks are planning to move offices to European cities? . . .
Hi Atilla,
Question: do you do anything other than 'project fear' - or are you a one trick pony? I'm simply not interested in scare mongering - no one is. Not even the remainers believe it anymore - which is why the leave vote would be much higher if there was a second referendum. You gotta change the record - otherwise you're just engaging in one endless soliloquy that's water off a duck's back to almost everyone else!
;)
Tim.

Hi Atilla,
Question: do you do anything other than 'project fear' - or are you a one trick pony? I'm simply not interested in scare mongering - no one is. Not even the remainers believe it anymore - which is why the leave vote would be much higher if there was a second referendum. You gotta change the record - otherwise you're just engaging in one endless soliloquy that's water off a duck's back to almost everyone else!
;)
Tim.

Beatings, punishments and scare mongering. What is it with this choice of meaningless words representing negotiations. :rolleyes:

Finance sector: "We are looking at moving some of our operations to countries in Europe. "

Timsk: "Stop scare mongering. I'm not scared! We are not scared. Brexiters are not scared!"

Finance Sector: "Just courtesy thought we should let you know out of decency. Bye bye."

Timsk: "We have regained sovereignty and taken back control to make our own financial rules and regulations and stipulate terms and laws as we deem fit. We can now trade with the rest of the World under our new terms. Ok who's first in the queue?"

Good luck with that (y)

Pointless arguing with Atilla, he is a Hun after all ! [emoji6]

You are right about me being a nomad and a soldier of fortune much like the finance industry will go wherever the ground is most fertile and accommodating to my comforts and existence.

As for arguing wish you guys would make up your minds. Timsk tells me I'm trying to scare him.

Which is it? :)

Atilla , what are you waiting for ? If there is so much doom and gloom on the horizon surely you must leave ... go now while you can, we as tarders are supposed to make educated decisions on what happens in the future and if it's a bleak as you say you must pack tonight....or are you waiting just incase everything does work out ok ?