Brexit and the Consequences

EU is beyond fixing, there is no credible leadership, either at EU level or at member country level.

Events to watch will be political, financial and probably another invasion of migrants.

It's going to be absolute chaos in Europe by the end of this year.

It's a shame that the EU is politically and financially structurally unsound. Its eventual demise will benefit nobody.

Europe grew 1.5% in 2016

This years growth is estimated between 1.4 - 1.6% based on 0.4% p/m growth for the start of 2017.

(y)

Ehemm... still the biggest GDP continent. ;)

Europe grew 1.5% in 2016

This years growth is estimated between 1.4 - 1.6% based on 0.4% p/m growth for the start of 2017.

(y)

Ehemm... still the biggest GDP continent. ;)

Nevertheless, still has that little problem that keeps raising its ugly head ....Greek Debt..:whistling

Wrong on both counts wrt politics and finances in the EU. imo.
Same issues as those being faced by US and UK so what's the difference?

Political Union is working fine as well as the ECB. Don't believe what power hungry bent politicians with leave agendas tell you.

EU simply need to look at Harmonising Fiscal Policy ensuring deviant governments can be brought in, complying with good governance and standards.

Who thinks Michael Gove is a good clever bloke? Hands in the air.

Who thinks Boris Johnson is a principled visionary strong leader? Hands in the air.

Who thinks Leadsom will listen to Food Industry or Farmers Union? Hands in the air.

Who thinks Farage is a natural strong resilient leader? Hands in the air.

Who thinks Theresa May is an honest principled loyal politician prepared to do the right thing and not a back stabber like the rest of them? Who thinks she was right to rush over to the US within the first week to hold hands with Trump and offer a state invitation? Hands in the air.

These are the people to lead GB against the global challenges in the new millenium? You believe these hideous toads with what they tell you and see them as your natural leaders. :eek::(:-0:cry::cry::cry:

Brexiters need to do a double take look at what has been said and done! What is being sold to us as a good deal is a dreadful bad deal. Yes migration is an issue which needs to be controlled but leaving the EU is throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Same stupid mistake Thatcher did with manufacturing blaming unions, making political capital and getting rid of industries which the calls for the Northern Power House project is trying to revive. Bring back from the dead.

Thatcher introduced the big bang and deregulation (self regulation same as USA) and now UK is opposing that freaking mistake too by not wanting to tax those same thieving stealing nasty bankers such as RBS.

Sometimes I'm at a loss as to how the 'brexit lot' can't see what is happening? Real numpties the lot of you. If it looks like **** smells like **** then take your bleeding rose tinted glasses off and don't step in it. :idea:

Last edited:
The EU is not the biggest GDP continent, not by any way you would slice it.

Choose any source: The World Bank, OECD, ...
Keep those delusions handy, I'll be sure to break each time.
World Bank
http://data.worldbank.org/region/european-union?view=chart

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/european-union/gdp
Screen_Shot_2017-03-26_at_2.58.30_PM.png

EU member nations are:
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the UK.

However, with the Brexit we will be removing the UK from that list.
UK GDP = 2.86 trillion
http://atlas.media.mit.edu/en/profile/country/gbr/

EU without UK
16,311.9 - 2,860 = $ 13,451.9 billion <<< 18,036.65 billion (US)

Let's not forget that you said "continent". The US is in North America, which includes Canada.
US + Canada = 18,036.65 = 1,550.54 = $19,587.19 North America is the biggest GDP continent.
The US is bigger than the EU.

Thank you for correcting me you are right.

It is not the largest per continent but it is the largest free market economy by GDP in the world.

(y)

Last edited:
Isn't (US) $18,000 billion greater than (EU) $16,311 billion? And won't the GDP for the EU be even lower when the UK leaves?

See picture above. Making the US the biggest free market economy in the world. You would have been correct last year. The fall of the Euro lead to a 17.5% decrease in investments by $2.55 trillion, which is why the US surpassed the EU.

You remind me of the infamous "DOW Crash" thread, cv :LOL: I suspect that the EU will prove a lot more resilient than you give it credit for.

If they built on sound footings, then Brexiter's wouldn't have an argument.

As things stand, it looks like this ! But it won't take much for it to end in a big pile of rubble.:LOL:

Attachments

• leaning tower of pisa.jpg
    leaning tower of pisa.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 86
You are missing the point by simply not acknowledging the other half.

Our country, politics or any agreement is never mutually exclusive to her citizens.

(y)

Yes lets examine "the other half" and their leaders :LOL:
There is no alternative to Brexit, by virtue of the fact that there is no credible leadership on the remoan side.

Everybody, apart from this shower, realise that the game is up.

Come on then....pick One that the Brits would rally around :LOL:

Attachments

• eddy.jpg
    eddy.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 126
  • ken.jpg
    ken.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 128
  • gideon.jpg
    gideon.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 95
  • wee jimmy.jpg
    wee jimmy.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 109
  • tim.jpg
    tim.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 130
  • nick.jpg
    nick.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 116
  • anna.png
    anna.png
    82.1 KB · Views: 131
  • john.jpg
    john.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 77
  • hezza.jpg
    hezza.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 64
  • rich.jpg
    rich.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 128
  • jezza.png
    jezza.png
    74.8 KB · Views: 82
  • tony.jpg
    tony.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 409
  • di.jpg
    di.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Last edited:
Yes lets examine "the other half" and their leaders :LOL:
There is no alternative to Brexit, by virtue of the fact that there is no credible leadership on the remoan side.

Everybody, apart from this shower, realise that the game is up.

Come on then....pick One that the Brits would rally around :LOL:

Doomsville Government.JPG

Oh no! :eek:

Suppose that lot above got together in government as a Cabinet ............ it would probably be time to seriously consider participation in Elon Musk's project to colonise Mars https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colonization_of_Mars

I was a remainer, but democracy has decided and let's just get on with it, make the best of it and show some grace in defeat.

Even more pointless speculation - almost getting like t2w :LOL:
I hear you Richard: I'll be watching Broadchurch on ITV. That said, since the referendum, Question Time has provided good value in terms of people 'losing it' - most notably from the audience - rather than from members of the invited panel of guests. Tonight's episode could be fiery.
Tim.

I hear you Richard: I'll be watching Broadchurch on ITV. That said, since the referendum, Question Time has provided good value in terms of people 'losing it' - most notably from the audience - rather than from members of the invited panel of guests. Tonight's episode could be fiery.
Tim.

Broadchurch or QT ? :LOL:

David Tennant's acting is totally eclipsed by Olivia Coleman's, imho, BTW.

Tim.

You haven't seen nothing yet.

They'll be tossing brexiters and farage off the White Cliffs of Dover soon enough :LOL: