Brexit and the Consequences

. . .I'm keeping an open mind on Theresa May – she looks and sounds like a PM which is more than can be said for the competition. . .
My sentiments exactly smc. I thought her speech to the Commons yesterday following Wednesday's atrocity was very statesmanlike - or should I say stateswomanlike. Either way, it was a powerful message, simple and well delivered. I also like her dress sense - elegant and sophisticated without being too ostentatious and blingy.

Dear Gideon,

He has argued that it is important for the Commons to include people with "different experiences".

Whilst I agree that our MP's would benefit from a broad range of outside experiences in order that they may serve us better. I absolutely do not agree that those experiences should be gained and enhanced whilst in office, to the obvious detriment of the people who's interests he is supposed to represent as their serving MP.
It's One thing to sit as chair on the committee of the Northern powerhouse (in the public interest and for the greater good) as opposed to simply furthering One's own financial gain. (BlackRock)

The newspaper editorship job is a complete conflict of interest. The independent press are supposed to keep the politicians honest, not that they are doing a very good job of that. Hence the rise of alternative news, where you are far more likely to hear the truth on sensitive issues.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39379102
there is a link in the article where the public can submit their views !

◾MP for Tatton: Paid £74,962 a year
◾Editor, London Evening Standard: Paid £200,000, according to reports
◾Adviser, BlackRock Investment Institute: Paid £650,000 a year
◾Chair, Northern Powerhouse Partnership: Unpaid
◾Kissinger Fellow at the McCain Institute: £120,212 stipend to cover travel and research costs
◾Washington Speaker's Bureau: Paid nearly £800,000 for engagements since July

Finally. Speaking engagements and consultancies are firmly in the realm of ex MP's, Cabinet Ministers, even Prime Ministers.

Gideon is simply taking the **** here by moving the goal posts and pretending like there is no problem.

CV's solution:)
Introduce a clock card system in Westminster Palace, both in the offices and the chamber.:smart:
Less than 85% attendance, based on a 40hr week, name and shame, then send them for a whipping!

Last edited:
"............... I also like her dress sense .............

/QUOTE]

:-0 never heard you praising Cameron's natty casuals !! Careful, Tim, your slip's showing and the ladies'll be at your throat.

A few more days to go then we get our country back. About flippin time!

Speaking of which, this lot seem to have plenty of time to waste:)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-39392584

You should go to specsavers.

Anybody watch Question time last Thursday.

From what was said it seems the Welsh assembly would like to have some guarantees they will not lose the EU funding which they get at present.

I was thinking they need to get into that queue for the 9bn pronto. I dunno, I would have thought saving money from not having EU signs should make everyone happy. You gotta laf though. Wondering if it's only me who sees the irony of the EU boards telling people where their funding and agricultural grants were coming from and the Welsh now just waking up to loss of EU funding.

Obviously, signs were a waste of money as nobody read them :LOL:

They should have simply rented one red bus, stuck it on the side and paid some bambino called Boris to drive it up and down the country. Gotta laugh it off as this is some serious **** coz that Government funding promise ain't going to Wales! No sir! I think the Welsh Assembly getting whiff of it now. It's going to car manufacturers to keep jobs in the midlands after secret deals behind closed doors. They were first.

As for me guys, seriously I feel very worried about what is waiting for us round the corner and do not feel we are getting any more democracy or freedoms back but on the contrary losing four freedoms and cutting ties with Europe where are true destiny lies. Not America but in Europe. This is so crystal clear to me. It saddens me. It really does.

It should all be clear now EU is a voluntary club.

You should also know that if TM would like access to the EU market, we will still have to adhere with all regulations/directives and EU standards.

Even the fall in the pound is very soon going to translate into higher interest rates and millions of peeps mortgages going to rise to stave of inflation.

Higher inflation, lower purchasing power of Sterling and soon higher interest rates, higher mortgage payments, all going to lead to reduced disposable incomes.

We shouldn't worry though as TM and Chancellor have a battle chest ready to spend on public infrastructure projects with borrowed money.

What will UK get in return for all this fiasco??? Loss of services and jobs in finances along with years of uncertainty and time and costly WTO rules where our goods and services will be displaced by European competitors.

What can of worms that numpty farage and UKIP have opened up. Now they've gone and absolutely freaking disintegrated and in a few months time we'll have no one to blame or put in the stocks.

Trump and Farage in golden lift. The highs right. What I see are two POSs. Let's see what they end up delivering...

pastedimage-15803-390x285.png

Last edited:
Tens of thousands march the streets of london..:LOL: guess the reporter was a remainer.....theres about 1000 tops including the dogs...:LOL: (skip to about 3hrs 49)

10,000 isn't even that much. It is funny that they would stretch the truth to such a small figure. Bremoaners be crazy.

Tens of thousands march the streets of london..:LOL: guess the reporter was a remainer.....theres about 1000 tops including the dogs...:LOL: (skip to about 3hrs 49)

I'm staggered :eek:

A 5 hr video of people with too much time on their hands standing about doing nothing in London :LOL:

Time for a lie down:)

Will the EU re-balance the books with the Brits gone.

EU is beyond fixing, there is no credible leadership, either at EU level or at member country level.

Events to watch will be political, financial and probably another invasion of migrants.

It's going to be absolute chaos in Europe by the end of this year.

CV nailed it. If these people were actually being productive with their lives other than stand around, then they shouldn't have time to care.

it is just like occupy wall street. If they were being productive, they wouldn't care how much money other people are making.

You learning about alternative facts from uncle Trump???

pri_34468374.jpg

http://metro.co.uk/2017/03/25/thous...-to-london-in-unite-for-europe-march-6533147/

1000 max you say??? Be little more generous than that hombre!

C7wvxlcWsAAItTY.jpg

Article says 25,000. :whistling

Who should we believe?

I don't believe either. I heard,at least, 50,000.

In any case, Brexit is going to happen-I'm resigned to that. Are the Brexiters going to be as happy two years from now? That is what I am worried about, now. Lafarge , Johnson and their likes leading the country on to better things? They don't convince me, but, we'll see.

Aye. It was plastered all over the news channels on continuous feed.....no no wait , sorry, my mistake there was no mention of it. :eek:

In a bid to demonstrate that I'm open minded and not completely impervious to the opinions of the remain camp - i'm going to stick up for them. Just a little bit.

I feel sorry for them in so far as their thunder was stolen to some degree by the awful events on Wednesday. Whilst I'm firmly in the leave camp, I'll fight to the death for the right of remainers to hold rallies and protest peacefully on the streets of London and elsewhere. That's democracy in action; it's the way we do things in the U.K. - and it's the right way IMO. Mindless murder and mayhem is not for us, thank you.

Some might argue that Wednesday's atrocity might have helped the remain rally, as people wanted to show unity and solidarity in the face of terrorism - but I'm not sure about that. The media refer to 'tens of thousands' in attendance - which doesn't sound particularly big to me. I would have expected that a well organised event that's not in the shadow of a terrorist attack to attract well north of 100k people. So, my gut feeling is that many stayed away, as a anti-Brexit rally would be an obvious target for other copycat nutters out there who might be inspired by Wednesday's horror.

With the above in mind, I'm happy to accept the higher end figures quoted and concede the numbers would have been far greater if the terrorist attack hadn't happened. By the sane token, if the media weren't so engrossed in analysis of Wednesday's killer, their coverage of the rally would probably have been centre stage and dominated the weekend papers.
Tim.

EU is beyond fixing, there is no credible leadership, either at EU level or at member country level.

Events to watch will be political, financial and probably another invasion of migrants.

It's going to be absolute chaos in Europe by the end of this year.

You remind me of the infamous "DOW Crash" thread, cv :LOL: I suspect that the EU will prove a lot more resilient than you give it credit for.