Brexit and the Consequences

Many moons ago, I was the sales manager for a small firm that made functional and decorative tea pots. They certainly didn't think their plans through and, shortly after I left them, they went belly up. Of all the designs - and there were many of them - I don't ever recall seeing one like this. Perhaps that's where they went wrong!

Back to the thread topic - now that Gina Miller and the Lords are out of the way (what a waste of time and money), Brexit is finally getting out of the starting blocks. Yippee!
:clap:

I'm now wondering if they failed due to your poor designs or because you were simply irreplaceable.

As you do such a fine sterling job of running T2W, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say it surely must have been the latter reason. (y)

Gina Miller was praised by the judge and considering sovereignty of parliament was one of the key reasons for Brexit surely it was worth every penny to prove the point. I'm surprised the EU with all their elaborate administrative system could not intervene to influence outcome as has been possible else where in other Great nations.

I don't know what is going to be the outcome. I'm, just, going to wait and see.

Spain has problems of it's own, as far as independence is concerned, so I cannot see Madrid allowing Scotland into EU, as long as it has the power of veto. Can anyone? In fact, Spain is only one of several countries that have similar issues and TM has had a talk with our Rajoy about that.

Personally, I think that the 52% are going to wish that they had not won but, really, it all comes down to personal opinion.

Well yes and no. Something this important impacting individuals and the collective nation needs to be dealt with and handled with due care and diligence.

This is where the White Paper would come into play after much long hard work, study and investigation analysing Internal and External consequences, to be presented to Parliament for debate.

Instead we had a circus with some clowns playing out on show TV with a red bus that stole people's short span attention and the limelight. Won't mention the Etonite career politicians who fecked up big time.

Davis Says No Brexit Deal Isn’t as ‘Frightening’ as EU Warns

Davis said the government had not conducted an assessment of falling out of the EU without an accord, prompting Labour Party lawmaker Pat McFadden to accuse him of having "mortgaged the country’s economic future to a soundbite."

How can these twerps say a NO deal is better than a bad deal if they don't know outcomes and have not carried out any assessments of what those outcome and how they'll play out likely to be?

What are they comparing to/with what? Brexit means Brexit, red white and blue.

The mind boggles with the ineptitude of this government and how they are proceeding. It's like a schoolboy given a new Ferrari. By heck his going to drive it anyway he likes ignoring any road system, rules or regulations there to check for his safety.

We won't do an assessment coz we'll probably reach a deal anyway but for the time being we'll just talk and play tough? :eek::eek::eek:

Anyone with half a brain knows that the outcome will be no deal. Either UK gets what it wants or we walk. There is zero upside arguing the toss with Johnny foreigner. It's as simple as that.

I see Sturgeon is backing away from EU membership :LOL: Has she suddenly realised that the voters are not interested in Europe. What a plonker she is.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/77...urgeon-humiliation-public-support-Scotland-EU

Then there's this :LOL:
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/180642

She might as well resign now. All her plotting and scheming for nought.

Last edited:
Gina Miller still bleating on about taking gov back to court should things not go her way....despicable woman. Wonder what will be in TM's letter to Brussels. Just a simple. " bye then, sorry, but the union just wasn't working out for us, all the best xxx " would be suffice.

Anyone with half a brain knows that the outcome will be no deal. Either UK gets what it wants or we walk. There is zero upside arguing the toss with Johnny foreigner. It's as simple as that.

I see Sturgeon is backing away from EU membership :LOL: Has she suddenly realised that the voters are not interested in Europe. What a plonker she is.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/77...urgeon-humiliation-public-support-Scotland-EU

Then there's this :LOL:
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/180642

She might as well resign now. All her plotting and scheming for nought.

Why bother? I'm going to guess you are right! ;)

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 65
I don't know what is going to be the outcome. I'm, just, going to wait and see.

Spain has problems of it's own, as far as independence is concerned, so I cannot see Madrid allowing Scotland into EU, as long as it has the power of veto. Can anyone? In fact, Spain is only one of several countries that have similar issues and TM has had a talk with our Rajoy about that.

Personally, I think that the 52% are going to wish that they had not won but, really, it all comes down to personal opinion.

Well, the difference is that the Catalonians argue independence from a position of strength, unlike the SNP who don't seem to know what day it is.:LOL:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...andons-bid-remain-eu-poll-shows-record-level/

Well, the difference is that the Catalonians argue independence from a position of strength, unlike the SNP who don't seem to know what day it is.:LOL:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...andons-bid-remain-eu-poll-shows-record-level/

What kind of strength? The last referendum asked the question "Do the Catalans have the right to vote?"

The Independence party took a "Yes" as a mandate to take the region out but they had to make a coalition with two other parties for a majority, giving them one seat.

One of the smaller parties, CDC, is over it's head in corruption cases, including the ex-president, Jordi Pujol, who charged 3% commission on everything that moved.

The other party, a left wing outfit, had one seat in Parliament.

Do you consider that a "position of strength?"

Well, I did not think that UK would vote Brexit, either, so I'm going to shut up and see what happens.

Last edited:
What kind of strength? The last referendum asked the question "Do the Catalans have the right to vote?"

The Independence party took a "Yes" as a mandate to take the region out but they had to make a coalition with two other parties for a majority, giving them one seat.

One of the smaller parties, CDC, is over it's head in corruption cases, including the ex-president, Jordi Pujol, who charged 3% commission on everything that moved.

The other party, a left wing outfit, had one seat in Parliament.

Do you consider that a "position of strength?"

Well, I did not think that UK would vote Brexit, either, so I'm going to shut up and see what happens.

Isn't this all characteristic of European parties that have some kind of proportional representation voting system? The UK "first past the post" may not be perfect but at least it gets a decisive result. I shudder to think what it would be like in this country if we had PR and the Lib Dems, the Greens, UKIP and potentially lots of other dodgy outfits had a say in the way we run the country.

Isn't this all characteristic of European parties that have some kind of proportional representation voting system? The UK "first past the post" may not be perfect but at least it gets a decisive result. I shudder to think what it would be like in this country if we had PR and the Lib Dems, the Greens, UKIP and potentially lots of other dodgy outfits had a say in the way we run the country.

You'd get better representation of the people and equally better decisions and good management coming out of Parliament.

It means simply working together.

:idea:

It's only because Cameron promised the country a referendum that you don`t have a coalition, either. That is the way modern politics is going. The same in the States. Trump, for some reason, got nominated by the Republicans, but would he be a Republican in a multi-party country? Something similar to UKIP, I imagine.

Madrid has a coalition run by right wing PP and centre right Ciudadanos. Germany has a coalition and, now, so does Holland. Personally, I believe that that is the way to go.

You'd get better representation of the people and equally better decisions and good management coming out of Parliament.

It means simply working together.

:idea:

I'm the 1st to agree that the theory sounds good ...........................

The US has only two parties. We can see clearly how that has worked out. Not unlike the Wars of the Roses.

It's no wonder the Game of Thrones is so popular.

So the Dutch election is over and Rutter claims top spot, down 8 seats from 41 to 33. down 20%
Wilders is up 5 seats from 15 to 20. up 25%

So whilst the European leaders go around celebrating victory, they are simply bigging up their dwindling position. Meanwhile, the problems in each of their countries still exist and won't be going away.

I'm now wondering if they failed due to your poor designs or because you were simply irreplaceable.
As you do such a fine sterling job of running T2W, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say it surely must have been the latter reason. (y)
You're too kind Atilla!
:)

As a little red herring to the thread, I'll tell you what happened. The tea pot designs were actually very good, but nothing to do with me - I was the sales manager. The 6th one in two years as it turned out - although I only discovered that after I took the job. Anyway, during my first six months, I built up a good relationship with the 250+ retailers up and down the country that the firm sold its tea pots to. The big cheese (one of two) that I worked for thought he was the bees knees in every way - an arrogant so 'n so he was. Through his incompetence, the stock room was bursting at the seems; waaaaay too much of it. So, with one week to pay day for the 20+ staff and £490k in the red on a £500k overdraft facility, his brilliant solution was to sell off £50k worth of excess stock to TK Maxx (a large discount retailer to anyone not familiar with them). He actually came into my office bragging about his £50k sale and deriding my paltry efforts that day that only amounted to a few hundred quid - or whatever it was.

The consequence of this was that within a week of TK Maxx taking delivery at their shops, my phone was red hot with incoming calls. Shop keeper after shop keeper screamed at me that they had customers telling them that TK Maxx were selling our tea pots for less than the wholesale price (that the retailers paid us). Surprise surprise, they weren't best pleased. Nor was I. My smart ar$e boss had bragged about his big sale but omitted to mention that TK Maxx told him what they would pay (take it or leave it style) - which was no more (and possibly less) than it cost us to make the tea pots in the first place. How to do business - not!

There were many other reasons why I had to get out of there, but that was the straw that broke the camel's back and so I became the firm's 6th ex-Sales Manager. I believe there was one more after me before the business finally went belly up. Annoyingly, the arrogant and incompetent boss still managed to walk away minted, as he owned the site that the business was on. He sold it to a property developer and it's now a large housing estate. Sometimes, life just ain't fair!

And that concludes Tim's little red herring tale folks - as you were everyone!
Tim.

Be interesting to see where these right wing capitalise on disenfranchised peeps blame game parties end up.

Any close look at their party policies and programs will show they have absolutely nothing to offer but to blame little people doing the donkey work with misguided sound bites. One trick ponies the lot of them.

They'll come to nothing and those who do elect these wannabee let's do something like build walls and kick out the bad people will soon see they have shot them selves in the foot.

I hear Mr A.Banks is launching another party because UKIP have gone astray. Rich guy with plenty of money to occupy his time. Gates, Bezos and Branston doing worth while things like exploring space travel and helping the poor and other big wigs playing politics and silly games pretending to be somebody. http://www.conservativehome.com/uki...to-do-serious-damage-to-the-peoples-army.html

Much ado about nothing but stir brown stuff... (n)

Last edited:
Be interesting to see where these right wing capitalise on disenfranchised peeps blame game parties end up.

Any close look at their party policies and programs will show they have absolutely nothing to offer but to blame little people doing the donkey work with misguided sound bites. One trick ponies the lot of them.

They'll come to nothing and those who do elect these wannabee let's do something like build walls and kick out the bad people will soon see they have shot them selves in the foot.

I hear Mr A.Banks is launching another party because UKIP have gone astray. Rich guy with plenty of money to occupy his time. Gates, Bezos and Branston doing worth while things like exploring space travel and helping the poor and other big wigs playing politics and silly games pretending to be somebody. http://www.conservativehome.com/uki...to-do-serious-damage-to-the-peoples-army.html

Much ado about nothing but stir brown stuff... (n)

There's an old joke about serving as a bad example. If nothing else, the US can serve as a window into the future by showing what happens in the reality of the day-to-day when a country votes in an isolationist, white supremacist, autocractic/kleptocratic government. I would not be surprised to learn that the outcome in the Netherlands had something to do with this.

There's an old joke about serving as a bad example. If nothing else, the US can serve as a window into the future by showing what happens in the reality of the day-to-day when a country votes in an isolationist, white supremacist, autocractic/kleptocratic government. I would not be surprised to learn that the outcome in the Netherlands had something to do with this.

I think Europeans are far more integrated, accommodating and intelligent based on history and shared values.

They know the horrors of war and how fortunate they are with their level of cooperation and living standards.

Know what you mean about learning from Trump and US experience. People can get a feel for possible outcomes should such people ever be promoted to level of incompetence beyond their IQ levels.

I think Europeans are far more integrated, accommodating and intelligent based on history and shared values.

They know the horrors of war and how fortunate they are with their level of cooperation and living standards.

Unfortunately a great many seem to have forgotten, or else are too young even to have experienced these horrors. Which is why we have to repeat our mistakes, over and over again.

Unfortunately a great many seem to have forgotten, or else are too young even to have experienced these horrors. Which is why we have to repeat our mistakes, over and over again.

Elders must carry the young with shared vision, aspiration and common goals.

I am one for believing in the evolution of humanity to a higher plain.