Brexit and the Consequences

That's really what it's all about, isn't it? Here, there, and everywhere.

Yes I think so too and same goes for Sturgeon. Being politicians they probably feel they are doing their job, impress the electorate to become alpha_shemale or what ever that drives them.

We'll be told they're fighting for our benefits and well being but I'm not so sure.

It would be good to ask the question, what does it mean for me and my business?

- I lose my four freedoms
- I lose my free market where I could go and do business; live & work
- I lose the standards that protect my well being

- I gain much uncertainty
- I'll face greater obstacles to trade and movement

Hey, what does that matter, I'll have the ability to vote May or Sturgeon out of office once every four years.

- I won't bother to list what the country will lose but it will get to keep 9bn p/a so the theory goes.

The other day Worthing was on the news where there are quite a few Pharmacuitical companies who are worried.

Some of the packaging and storage materials come in from the EU. At the moment they are up to common shared standard and so no delays. Outside of EU, if / when standards begin to vary due to incoherent regulation and desire not to adhere to directives and standards, this will not be the case. Thus, the company will have to certify, retest or resource.

Medicinal products have a certain shelf life and some high end ones need to be preserved between 2-8 C temperature. If WTO rules are applied this adds to delays in transit and thus cost of shipping/transport will vary as well as increasing risk of goods perishing in transit due to unforeseen events. Either way costs will rise for no benefit.

Finally, as UK will be outside of the EU and seeming not to adhere to EU directive & regulations in common trade and competition rules, those products will need to be re-certified and checked or processing those will need to shift to some EU country.

GSK and AZN are two leading pharmaceuticals and there are some American companies here too. Hence, subject to how the negotiations go there will be major consequences to Worthing who voted to Brexit. In the event of a hard Brexit, those jobs will go. They are big employers in the area.

People will get what they deserve. That's for sure. :(

Last edited:
Hard sell from May accusing Sturgeon of division and uncertainty and that politics is not a game.

Case of pot calling the kettle :whistling

Hard sell from May accusing Sturgeon of division and uncertainty and that politics is not a game.

Case of pot calling the kettle :whistling

May isn't playing games, she is carrying out the will of the electorate. Just because that doesn't suit you, that's life, get used to it!

Last edited:
May isn't playing games, she is carrying out the will of the electorate. Just because that doesn't suit you, that's life, get used to it!

You missing the point.

May and the English claiming better to be independent and not part of the EU union whilst telling the Scots you are better to be in the UK union rather than being independent.

The other side of the coin is Sturgeon saying we are better off being Independent and joining the EU union.

Ofcourse optimal solution for Scotland and for the UK is to maintain status quo and be part of the EU union, with four freedoms and full unhindered access to the biggest single market and trading continent in the world.

You capiche now!

You missing the point.

May and the English claiming better to be independent and not part of the EU union whilst telling the Scots you are better to be in the UK union rather than being independent.

The other side of the coin is Sturgeon saying we are better off being Independent and joining the EU union.

Ofcourse optimal solution for Scotland and for the UK is to maintain status quo and be part of the EU union, with four freedoms and full unhindered access to the biggest single market and trading continent in the world.

You capiche now!

UK voted to leave the EU. Scotland is part of the UK, so will also be leaving.
Sturgeon is deluded to think that Scotland will vote to be out of the UK and the EU.

Capiche?

UK voted to leave the EU. Scotland is part of the UK, so will also be leaving.
Sturgeon is deluded to think that Scotland will vote to be out of the UK and the EU.

Capiche?

Yep I get your pov.

Much the same as mine thinking you are deluded and set on your path with false promises and foundations which bear no resemblance to reality.

You simply do not get how business processes and trade functions. Nor does that chocolate teapot Farage who's all mouth and no experience. What has he ever delivered? Talk the hide of a cow he could. Useless man. Time will show who's been deluded sooner or later.

On a serious note, I'm beginning to think the government is not taking this article 50 seriously as they too thinking somehow this is just going to be one long 'new' negotiation deal with the EU, better than what Cameron was able to achieve.

They'll bend and twist but not brake off links to EU. They'll concede to some new level of access and reduced pay or something.

They'll be begging on both sides to come away looking good smelling of roses as both achieved a better deal. That's politics for you.

Both sides, will have seen a fall in currencies, pound and the euro, thus, both lead with exports. Sceptical about the futile negotiations which will only increase uncertainty and not benefit business.

Hoping they'll be able to pull a bunny out of the bag. I may be deluded here yes. Simply that it all smells horribly sh1ty indeed.

Funny. And true:

Theresa May should admit she's a hypocrite on independence – and stop treating Nicola Sturgeon like a petulant child

Traditionally, the Scots have never much cared for being patronised by haughty Home Counties types belaboured by a powerful sense of English superiority. They didn’t like it from Thatcher in her post-Falklands reinvention as Brittania, or from David Cameron, Slayer of Unions, when he waited 2.07 seconds after the 2014 referendum result to raise the spectre of “English Votes For English Laws”. They won’t like it from Mrs May if she comes over all Gloriana, blackening her teeth and putting on the neck ruff to treat Sturgeon as a naughty younger cousin with foolish pretensions to being a grown-up.

Funny. And true: . .
Funny dbp, certainly. True, perhaps. Not that anyone really cares - including many (most?) Scots. Besides which, as you know better than most, history has a tendency to repeat itself. I expect the same to happen here. In the words of the first sentence of the opening paragraph: "The last time two powerful women were embroiled in an Anglo-Caledonian power struggle, it ended in 1587 with the Scot losing her head." IMO, Sturgeon will lose her political head and place the whole raison d'être of the SNP in jeopardy. Bring it on I say!
:LOL:
Tim.

I reckon the Scots can smell victory here. In fact whilst I was for them remaining in the UK now with England leaving EU greater positives exist for them.

For:

- Scotland forms her own parliament and breaks away from the UK
- Adopts the Euro
- Attracts industry to relocate to Scotland gaining free access to EU
- Extends HS2 further up North with EU infrastructure aid and grants
- Plays nice with old England and maintains same deal as before

Against:

- Errmmm can't think of anything much but England may choose to put up trade barriers to punish Scotland from leaving so Ireland and Wales don't pull off the same deal

- England will ask Scotland to pay 60bn of her national debt, whilst Scotland will demand on similar terms to pay for North Sea Oil and Gas consumed by England during that period Scottish debt was accumulated.

This tune will have a different meaning in 10/20 years from now... :(

Throw it all away, indeed!

Government's Brexit plans - sounds good on paper when talking shop but functionally, I don't think they've thought their plans through to completion.

5bd1660263ab8b89d07d4084c690e4da.jpg

Davis Says No Brexit Deal Isn’t as ‘Frightening’ as EU Warns

Davis said the government had not conducted an assessment of falling out of the EU without an accord, prompting Labour Party lawmaker Pat McFadden to accuse him of having "mortgaged the country’s economic future to a soundbite."

How can these twerps say a NO deal is better than a bad deal if they don't know outcomes and have not carried out any assessments of what those outcome and how they'll play out likely to be?

What are they comparing to/with what? Brexit means Brexit, red white and blue.

The mind boggles with the ineptitude of this government and how they are proceeding. It's like a schoolboy given a new Ferrari. By heck his going to drive it anyway he likes ignoring any road system, rules or regulations there to check for his safety.

We won't do an assessment coz we'll probably reach a deal anyway but for the time being we'll just talk and play tough? :eek::eek::eek:

Many moons ago, I was the sales manager for a small firm that made functional and decorative tea pots. They certainly didn't think their plans through and, shortly after I left them, they went belly up. Of all the designs - and there were many of them - I don't ever recall seeing one like this. Perhaps that's where they went wrong!

Back to the thread topic - now that Gina Miller and the Lords are out of the way (what a waste of time and money), Brexit is finally getting out of the starting blocks. Yippee!
:clap:

Davis Says No Brexit Deal Isn’t as ‘Frightening’ as EU Warns

Davis said the government had not conducted an assessment of falling out of the EU without an accord, prompting Labour Party lawmaker Pat McFadden to accuse him of having "mortgaged the country’s economic future to a soundbite."

How can these twerps say a NO deal is better than a bad deal if they don't know outcomes and have not carried out any assessments of what those outcome and how they'll play out likely to be?

What are they comparing to/with what? Brexit means Brexit, red white and blue.

The mind boggles with the ineptitude of this government and how they are proceeding. It's like a schoolboy given a new Ferrari. By heck his going to drive it anyway he likes ignoring any road system, rules or regulations there to check for his safety.

We won't do an assessment coz we'll probably reach a deal anyway but for the time being we'll just talk and play tough? :eek::eek::eek:

I don't know what is going to be the outcome. I'm, just, going to wait and see.

Spain has problems of it's own, as far as independence is concerned, so I cannot see Madrid allowing Scotland into EU, as long as it has the power of veto. Can anyone? In fact, Spain is only one of several countries that have similar issues and TM has had a talk with our Rajoy about that.

Personally, I think that the 52% are going to wish that they had not won but, really, it all comes down to personal opinion.