Brexit and the Consequences

I thought you were for locking up these career politicians defrauding the state.

1m Euros is a lot of money for doing nothing. It was available so he took it.

There were no control or checks on use and he was entitled. No audits or verification.

Free Rider => Free Money

People should check their own integrity.

Integrity is not cheap, very expensive indeed as it has no price :!:

I would lock em up for sure. They are supposed to be public servants, not helping themselves to the cookies. With any luck, he will be charged and can stand alongside Sarkozy in the dock.

I expect the raid was to see if there was any evidence that his mrs had done ANY paid work. In the absence of such evidence, then it could rightly be concluded that he is guilty of embezzlement and misappropriation of public funds. And she being a willing accessory and recipient of embezzled funds.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...s-european-parliament-introduces-kill-switch/

Press freedom organizations have raised concerns about censorship after Members of the European Parliament approved extraordinary measures to combat hate speech.

MEPs granted the parliament's president authority to pull the plug on live broadcasts of parliamentary debate in cases of racist speech or acts and to purge offending video or audio material from the online system.

Critics say the rules are vaguely worded and could be manipulated or used as a tool of censorship.

"This undermines the reliability of the Parliament's archives at a moment where the suspicion of 'fake news' and manipulation threatens the credibility of the media and the politicians," said Tom Weingaertner, president of the Brussels-based International Press Association.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...s-european-parliament-introduces-kill-switch/

Press freedom organizations have raised concerns about censorship after Members of the European Parliament approved extraordinary measures to combat hate speech.

MEPs granted the parliament's president authority to pull the plug on live broadcasts of parliamentary debate in cases of racist speech or acts and to purge offending video or audio material from the online system.

Critics say the rules are vaguely worded and could be manipulated or used as a tool of censorship.

"This undermines the reliability of the Parliament's archives at a moment where the suspicion of 'fake news' and manipulation threatens the credibility of the media and the politicians," said Tom Weingaertner, president of the Brussels-based International Press Association.

Par for the course. Establishment closing ranks, shutting down debate and reporting.

SaudiArabiaThingsYoullNeverSeethings-youll-never-see.jpg

The rot has already set in at many British universities where "freedom of speech" has effectively turned into censorship by the university authorities and/or the student organisations. This has been brought about by two opposing legal incumbencies placed on the universities whereby, on the one hand they must ensure freedom of speech but on the other they must prevent anything considered to be racial/hate/currently unfashionable.

Thus, those who wield the power be it students or university authorities have the absolute legal right to practice censorship as they see fit. Freedom of speech on the campus? – It's just another joke! What ever happened to the philosophies of John Stuart Mill? The current state of affairs is well-suited to the Snowflake generation many of whom think they are getting the benefit of a broad university education :LOL:

Throw the baby out with the bath water...

U.K. banks trying to keep access to European Union markets after Brexit will have to set up full-scale operations in the bloc, European Central Bank Executive Board member Sabine Lautenschlaeger said.

“I do not see the ECB issuing banking licenses to empty shell companies,” she said in a speech at the London School of Economics on Thursday. “I would certainly not accept banks’ booking all exposures with the euro area entity while having their risk management and internal control systems outside the euro area.”

The remarks give further insight in the ECB’s thinking about how to cope with regulation when Britain leaves the European Union. Lautenschlaeger said the U.K. banks would lose so-called passporting rights in the case of hard Brexit, in which Britain withdraws from the single market for goods and services as well as the political elements of the EU.

When asked what would constitute a shell company, Lautenschlaeger told reporters after the event that it would be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.

Lautenschlager said she wouldn’t accept a “race to the bottom” in supervision and regulation after Brexit, echoing remarks last month by Bundesbank Executive Board member Andreas Dombret.

“Securing continuous market access will be the most pressing issue for U.K. banks -– there’s no doubt about that,” Lautenschlaeger said in the speech. “We know that some of them have already started to address this issue. And yes, time is of the essence.”

No problem we are told, our bank and financial services will not go to the EU, but to US and Asia. That's alright then I guess. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

What a load of tripe our leaders are feeding us.

Hope it'll be worth it, giving away our four freedoms to get our power hungry politicians into office. :(

Throw the baby out with the bath water...

U.K. banks trying to keep access to European Union markets after Brexit will have to set up full-scale operations in the bloc, European Central Bank Executive Board member Sabine Lautenschlaeger said.

“I do not see the ECB issuing banking licenses to empty shell companies,” she said in a speech at the London School of Economics on Thursday. “I would certainly not accept banks’ booking all exposures with the euro area entity while having their risk management and internal control systems outside the euro area.”

The remarks give further insight in the ECB’s thinking about how to cope with regulation when Britain leaves the European Union. Lautenschlaeger said the U.K. banks would lose so-called passporting rights in the case of hard Brexit, in which Britain withdraws from the single market for goods and services as well as the political elements of the EU.

When asked what would constitute a shell company, Lautenschlaeger told reporters after the event that it would be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.

Lautenschlager said she wouldn’t accept a “race to the bottom” in supervision and regulation after Brexit, echoing remarks last month by Bundesbank Executive Board member Andreas Dombret.

“Securing continuous market access will be the most pressing issue for U.K. banks -– there’s no doubt about that,” Lautenschlaeger said in the speech. “We know that some of them have already started to address this issue. And yes, time is of the essence.”

No problem we are told, our bank and financial services will not go to the EU, but to US and Asia. That's alright then I guess. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

What a load of tripe our leaders are feeding us.

Hope it'll be worth it, giving away our four freedoms to get our power hungry politicians into office. :(

Banks are just doing their usual - bluffing to get a good deal and concessions - business as usual, move along.

Like everything else Brexit, when the truth comes out in the wash we'll probably find that numbers in the city increased.

Banks are just doing their usual - bluffing to get a good deal and concessions - business as usual, move along.

Like everything else Brexit, when the truth comes out in the wash we'll probably find that numbers in the city increased.

The most important decision UK is about to make in the last 50 years and the best you can do is have a finger in the air moment! :eek:

Good luck with the BAU, Seems you already know what the truth is. I hope you are right! (y)

http://www.breitbart.com/london/201...ned-from-no-go-zones-need-military-equipment/

[Swedish] Union boss Gordon Grattidge spoke to well respected Swedish journalist Paulina Neuding in an interview for think tank Det Goda Samhället (The Good Society) and discussed ambulances being forced to retreat from no gone zones on a regular basis after coming under attack from “large groups of violent people”.

Saying his members needed police protection, as well as body armour and helmets, Mr. Grattidge described how ambulances frequently came under attack while on the job, remarking: “It’s when we enter hazardous areas and there’s a risk of putting our paramedics in danger.”

Responding to whether he was really “justified” in using the emotive phrase “no go zone”, the ambulance driver said: “I know it’s sensitive and controversial, but for us it’s really a no go because we have directives not to go into dangerous situations. We are also clear about that but sometimes you end up there anyway. In that case, it feels good if you have adequate protection. We are supposed to get personal protection from the police when we enter ‘no-go zones’.”

The union head explained what constitutes a no go zone in Sweden, saying they were “absolutely” majority immigrant neighbourhoods which were highly “segregated”.

Mr. Grattidge also spoke of the riots ongoing in Rinkeby, the infamous migrant neighbourhood where recently a journalist was attacked. He remarked the riots put his members at greater risk, and described how driving an ambulance to the area can go. He said:

“It’s too dangerous to enter. We can be prevented from entering. We may be blocked from getting out. Vehicles can be sabotaged at the site. We can be exposed to physical violence. In seconds it can turn to attacks on our vehicles or against us personally… It can be stone throwing and even worse. Hand grenades have been thrown at police so that is a great concern.”

He added these violent incidents were taking their toll on the ambulance service with members experiencing post-traumatic stress after attacks, higher rates of sick-leave, and members leaving their jobs.

I think the EU Brexit team are misfiring with their 60bn exit costs.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...igation-to-pay-eu-in-no-deal-brexit-lords-say

Mad dogs have got the rabies or somefink. I never like exit charges for any service or membership, whether in utilities or anywhere else. They stick in peoples throat.

Notice period for termination should be more than sufficient where there are no fixed costs involved.

It's about winning hearts and minds.

Only positive I can see is if they have this battle with UK and make it stick, it'll make others thinking of leaving twice.

Either way whilst some smart alek might think its a good negotiating tool, it gets the thumbs down from me. I do hope EU softens stance on that 60bn. Heard 20bn may be more reasonable. :whistling

The most important decision UK is about to make in the last 50 years and the best you can do is have a finger in the air moment! :eek:

Good luck with the BAU, Seems you already know what the truth is. I hope you are right! (y)

Not truth; post truth. [emoji1360]