Brexit and the Consequences

True. The mistake our Liberal elites made was to ask the people their opinion.

Oh boy, did they get a wake up call. :LOL:

Which is the same mistake that the Conservative elite makes, assuming that it asks at all.

You go back and forth like a tennis ball, left elite, right elite, left elite, right elite, back and forth. But the issue is not left nor right since they are very much the same. The issue is the elite. Focus on the elite. Grapple with the elite. Otherwise you become a mouse in a maze searching for the food bar.

Wot on earth are you waffling on about ! :)

Inequitable distribution of income. Well and trully skewed and effed up. Look how your Conservative party is voting which you are a member of???

Think Feudal System.
Think Barons
Think Aristocracy
Think Whatever you like you gonna get more of the same.

You keep waffling about elites and the people as if you know wot you talking about. Try reading some history and get an education.

Which is the same mistake that the Conservative elite makes, assuming that it asks at all.

You go back and forth like a tennis ball, left elite, right elite, left elite, right elite, back and forth. But the issue is not left nor right since they are very much the same. The issue is the elite. Focus on the elite. Grapple with the elite. Otherwise you become a mouse in a maze searching for the food bar.

I make no differentiation between any of them. They are all in each others pockets. All of them corrupted by the crony corporatist system.

Until the people wake up and stop joining in with all this madness, then I don't see much hope. Perhaps when robots have taken over everyone's jobs and taken away people's purpose, they might finally come to their senses ! Although, I won't be holding my breath !

Inequitable distribution of income. Well and trully skewed and effed up. Look how your Conservative party is voting which you are a member of???

Think Feudal System.
Think Barons
Think Aristocracy
Think Whatever you like you gonna get more of the same.

You keep waffling about elites and the people as if you know wot you talking about. Try reading some history and get an education.

I don't know what it is with you !

See my post above :arrowu:

I make no differentiation between any of them. They are all in each others pockets. All of them corrupted by the crony corporatist system.

Until the people wake up and stop joining in with all this madness, then I don't see much hope. Perhaps when robots have taken over everyone's jobs and taken away people's purpose, they might finally come to their senses ! Although, I won't be holding my breath !

And yet you continue to favor one over the other. Focus on the man behind the curtain.

And yet you continue to favor one over the other. Focus on the man behind the curtain.

The reason is simple. One side at least makes the case for living within their means and the other side are busy bribing voters with irresponsible hand outs.

No comments on the coming sale of Vauxhall to an EU company, Peugeot? GM is leaving the UK. A guy, who has worked at Luton fo 40 years and has kids working there, now, is fearful for their jobs. He said that he did not know that Brexit meant things like that. Well, he should have done, if he voted "Yes". Business has been threatening that from Day 1.

There is, also, the amount of money that UK will have to pay EU after Art 50 is presented. The 5 billion saved looks, as I have, always said, like chump change in comparison. Non payment will hurt EU, as well as UK, I agree, but Brexiters should only be worried about UK--if they are worried, at all!

No comments on the coming sale of Vauxhall to an EU company, Peugeot? GM is leaving the UK. A guy, who has worked at Luton fo 40 years and has kids working there, now, is fearful for their jobs. He said that he did not know that Brexit meant things like that. Well, he should have done, if he voted "Yes". Business has been threatening that from Day 1.

There is, also, the amount of money that UK will have to pay EU after Art 50 is presented. The 5 billion saved looks, as I have, always said, like chump change in comparison. Non payment will hurt EU, as well as UK, I agree, but Brexiters should only be worried about UK--if they are worried, at all!

Yeah but at least he'll be able to eat bendy bananas and he can probably find a cheaper house and get a hospital bed with the 350m that'll be given to the NHS every week.

He'll be alright coz they'll be other stuff he can make to sell to the rest of the world where there is a much bigger market.

It's all been worked out. :cheesy:

Vauxhall unprofitable for years. Amazed that GM poured good money after bad.

Amount of money due as "exit fee" yet another frightener from the EU Politburo.

So, Tony Blair is going to put us right on Brexit! And this from a man discredited for political deception on a grand scale. You just couldn't make it up. :LOL:

Vauxhall unprofitable for years. Amazed that GM poured good money after bad.

Amount of money due as "exit fee" yet another frightener from the EU Politburo.

It's a relief to know that you are unloading all your old junk on the EU, before you go, just like you did with the "Minis" few years ago. I believe that there are only 4,500 jobs at stake in Luton and Ellesmere Port, tell it to them, I'm sure that they will be pleased. Just so long as Brits don't start buying Vauxhall cars in a few years time.

During my time in the IK, I had two Vauxhalls and I had a Peugeot in the family for 23 years, over here.

Last edited:
So, Tony Blair is going to put us right on Brexit! And this from a man discredited for political deception on a grand scale. You just couldn't make it up. :LOL:

Yes, I will agree with you about him, even though he might be telling us some facts.

In any case, I think that it is too late. The UK is leaving, I'm sure of that. It's going to be a hard time for you, though, don't doubt that.

Tony Blair trying to self-resurrect .
Comes of believing he's Jesus Christ Mark II
Nothing new there, then.

What may not be more commonly known is that Nissan is in partnership with Renault.

There remains the question what did the Government promise them that is not available as inducement to keep Vauxhall production in the UK?

Is it possible that further down the road Nissan may just move to some place in EU also?

May and her cabinet keeping the British people and Parliament in the dark. Much more to come.

I think there'll be plenty more "I didn't know Brexit meant that as well" ;)

Perhaps it's time to re-address what England has to offer that others don't. What is its competitive position?

Perhaps it's time to re-address what England has to offer that others don't. What is its competitive position?
Blimmey dbp - that's a whole thread right there, lol! Top of my list is beer and a half decent rugby team.

I don't always agree with Boris - but he's absolutely spot on with his remarks in this clip about Blair's arrogant speech urging people to change their minds about Brexit . . .