Belflan's US stock swing trades

running total

running total = $2,517

shorts making a good come back after speech

glen

Hi Frank,

I'm sure today was a good day for you:)

Hi Glen,

I know that you are just running a paper swing portfolio and are posting here to update on its progress, but, just to re-iterate that Iraj says that on swing down days, we must try to daytrade.

yes, but Iraj also said to total avoid intra day trading if you can.

i may be missing the point here(i usally do), but surely both strats need to be able to stand on there own two feet, so to speak

For the record I remain short, it has been very tough these last past 4 days with the market north of 500pts. I would be lying were I to say anything other, and so my swings are suffering. The thought of closing (or at least scaling) has entered my mind, more than once. However, I am still 100% short.

Frank.

good day for the shorts today

Cheers
glen

Hi Glen,

I know that you are just running a paper swing portfolio and are posting here to update on its progress, but, just to re-iterate that Iraj says that on swing down days, we must try to daytrade.

For the record I remain short, it has been very tough these last past 4 days with the market north of 500pts. I would be lying were I to say anything other, and so my swings are suffering. The thought of closing (or at least scaling) has entered my mind, more than once. However, I am still 100% short.

Frank.

And remianing short paid a $3100 reward in 2 days ,,, again not bad,, Even Mr Bernanke agrees with me that things are bad LOL,,, why on earth market spikes up is beyond me except a technical rally in a bear market.

Saying that the moment i feel I am on the wrong side of the market i will post my view here and GO CASH.

Grey1

up and running one month now

I've made loads of mistakes, had loads of IT problems, and i'm still up by nearly 10%:)

i guess this doesn't tell the whole story, as the e-curve has been quite volatile

Glen

with a little bit of DIY, I've now finally got my CNBC connection into my office

:):)
glen

ok, TS now running

this is the current paper profolio

runing total at EOD on Friday = $4,434

a few things that needs to be addressed

1. some of the these stocks are not on G1's current weak list. therefore should be exited asap (ie tomorrow night it INDU MACCi gets O/S)
2. i dont think my current portfolio is diversfied accross sectors enough (may be this is why i've had such wild swings in my paper e-curve)

Glen

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Do you get it through the internet or is it thro satellite?

Hi,

I have CNBC both through Satellite and Internet. and even though we have 2 Satellite feeds into our house, there can on occasion be a requirement for football for the boy and Nick junior for my youngest girl, at the same time, so on these rare occasions, I switch into internet mode.

Now what I have found with the internet mode, is that there is a 15-20 second time lag, behind the Satellite. This might not sound a lot, however, when you get a sudden spike in the market, you need to know asap, what is going on, especially if you have any daytrades open, 15-20 seconds can 'cost' so much. So, preference must go to Satellite (or cable) over internet.

Hope this helps.
Frank.

Hi Frank, Thanks for the info. Yeah its understandable. Why would they put a real time feed on the internet for free! Right now I am doing a day job so I was just curious about Glen's setup. When and if I ever get to real trading then I have no prob on the CNBC as I get it through satellite anyway.
Cheers,
Imran

Hi,

Now what I have found with the internet mode, is that there is a 15-20 second time lag, behind the Satellite. This might not sound a lot, however, when you get a sudden spike in the market, you need to know asap, what is going on, especially if you have any daytrades open, 15-20 seconds can 'cost' so much. So, preference must go to Satellite (or cable) over internet.

Hope this helps.
Frank.

Thanks for that info Frank, I was not aware of that but now you say it, it makes sense when I have been watching the internet feed. At the moment I do not have satellite/cable so could not compare.

Hi Frank, Thanks for the info. Yeah its understandable. Why would they put a real time feed on the internet for free!
Imran

Maybe I'm getting fleeced but I have to subscribe to CNBCplus for $10/month to get the live stream ???!!???

Thanks,
Jonathan

Thanks for that info Frank, I was not aware of that but now you say it, it makes sense when I have been watching the internet feed. At the moment I do not have satellite/cable so could not compare.

Maybe I'm getting fleeced but I have to subscribe to CNBCplus for $10/month to get the live stream ???!!???

Thanks,
Jonathan

No, you're right Jonathan, I too have to pay the $10 a month for the 'live' stream, unless we are both getting fleeced !!!!!!

just in is this for real!!!!!!!!!!!!!

running total = $6,388

TMA has fell apart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    140.9 KB · Views: 14
if i get the MACCI 10min to o/s tonight i may exit all positions

for now i'm nexting TMA now at $3.82:eek:

Glen

10min Macci heading down will look to close all trades at -100 or better

Glen