Belflan's US stock swing trades

i'm sure I should be exiting a few O/S positions tonight

but still having a few problems with TS2 after reboot

anyone tell me were the MACCI INDU is??????????????

cheers
Glen

Hi Glen,

I have 10 min at 68 and daily at -52. Hope that's right!

Al

If anyone is starting out. I think i would now recommend opening account with TS for there 8.3 platform.

i'm personally having too many problems with TS2ki to recommend it. (to many work arounds)

Glen

Last edited:
I'm starting to understand why Grey thinks intra day trading should be avoided, it would seem like there's enough to do trading a portfolio, without the hassle of intra trading

maybe intra day should only be used for entries exits

Glen

If anyone is starting out. I think i would now recommend opening account with TS for there 8.3 platform.

i'm personally having too many problems with TS2ki to recommend it. (to many work arounds)

Glen

by the way, when this thread goes live, it with be with a TS account

Glen

I'm starting to understand why Grey thinks intra day trading should be avoided, it would seem like there's enough to do trading a portfolio, without the hassle of intra trading

maybe intra day should only be used for entries exits

Glen
Glen

I would concur with your last 2 posts. I have an account with IB, but have recently opened one with Tradestation so that I could get the latest platform. The advantage is getting all the updates, support, forums etc. It doesn't require a lot of trading per month to make up the 5000 shares to avoid the monthly charge for both Tradestation and RadarScreen.

With regard to intra day, I also agree that it would be more profitable and less exhausting to use the time sitting in front of a screen to work on market analysis and stock valuation, or non-trading activities. Perhaps you could confine the intraday to just trading the 5000 shares per month.

Charlton

Last edited:
Glen

I would concur with your last 2 posts. I have an account with IB, but have recently opened one with Tradestation so that I could get the latest platform. The advantage is getting all the updates, support, forums etc. It doesn't require a lot of trading per month to make up the 3000 shares to avoid the monthly charge for both Tradestation and RadarScreen.

With regard to intra day, I also agree that it would be more profitable and less exhausting to use the time sitting in front of a screen to work on market analysis and stock valuation, or non-trading activities. Perhaps you could confine the intraday to just trading the 3000 shares per month.

Charlton

hey charlton, hows it going,

glad your getting on ok,
i thought 5000 was the min for free platform???

Glen

Last edited:
running total

didn't get the job i interviewed for this week..
now going out to get pissed. drown sorrows.. etc..

cheers all
glen

running total = $3,495

didn't get the job i interviewed for this week..
now going out to get pissed. drown sorrows.. etc..

cheers all
glen

running total = $3,495

should probly redo this after that market spike north not sure what happened

Glen

running total = $2,924 (costly)

should probly redo this after that market spike north not sure what happened

Glen

running total = $2,924 (costly)

AMBAK rescue plan was lanunched and market was like ma ma mia .. Spike is a spike and un predictable but the trend is down .

Grey1

I have never had any real issues with TS2Ki

Paul

Hi Paul,

i guess my only issues are all the bits and pieces software required to get TS2ki to talk to IB and Yahoo.

i think for someone like me (ok with IT, but not great) the TS8.3 platform may be the way forward if i'm going to be doing 5000 shares a month or more (ie its then free).

it would seem like a great advantage to get a TS acount, data and platform all from a one spot with no work arounds

cheers
glen

One disadvantage with a ts account is that you can only open one in US dollars so u leave yourself exposed to any currency fluctuations.

Graham

One disadvantage with a ts account is that you can only open one in US dollars so u leave yourself exposed to any currency fluctuations.

Graham

yes, i was thinking about this too, i believe the best way around this is 'hedge' the currency risk by opening an oppisite position with a SB firm.

Glen

I think that this may be possible. Let's say that you need $30K in your TS account and for ease of calculation let's say that it is $2 to £1. Then for every 1c move in your position you will need to bet £7.50 per pip to offset this which is not too bad.

Paul

this is what I did I opened an account because every program I found I did not know if it had a virus or not in it (2000i. I just did not want to take that chance. also in addition I am not very good with trouble shooting any problems that many here and on other boards have talked about. plus that extra data feed costs with esignal or DTN. there is pros and cons to going both routes. with TS They pay little interest on many $$ and the commsions are just ok but the platform is very nice and charts are great. I only pay 8 for month for all stock data options forex data... futures are more expensive so I dont wnat to pay $50 per month for it but IB gives it to us for free if you do the $30 per month

I use both IB and TS and trade both accounts. I cant program for anything in IB's API so Ihad to open a TS account so I struggled and opened one up with my savings.

if you have the cash go for it also another benefit is if one broker goes down you have a second one that is up just in case.

this is what I did I opened an account because every program I found I did not know if it had a virus or not in it (2000i. I just did not want to take that chance. also in addition I am not very good with trouble shooting any problems that many here and on other boards have talked about. plus that extra data feed costs with esignal or DTN. there is pros and cons to going both routes. with TS They pay little interest on many $$ and the commsions are just ok but the platform is very nice and charts are great. I only pay 8 for month for all stock data options forex data... futures are more expensive so I dont wnat to pay $50 per month for it but IB gives it to us for free if you do the $30 per month

I use both IB and TS and trade both accounts. I cant program for anything in IB's API so Ihad to open a TS account so I struggled and opened one up with my savings.

if you have the cash go for it also another benefit is if one broker goes down you have a second one that is up just in case.

This is a good approach and is one that I have taken, just recently opening a TS account for the platform. I am using IB for the long-term portfolio, where you can do a few intraday or short-term swing trades to hit the $30 mark and sufficient intraday/swing trades in the TS to hit the 5000 share limit. IB allow accounts in any base currency and trading between them.

As Grey1 points out, his strategies are designed to make serious money, so these types of costs should not remain a consideration.

Charlton