Belflan's US stock swing trades

hurts a bit over 100 point against

Attachments

• line up.JPG
    line up.JPG
    150.7 KB · Views: 8
Tax doesn't have to be taxing (yes it bloody well does)

been on with the good old HM Rev & Cus tonight trying to get return sorted (not good!)

just following the market/Macci for fun, would have probibly bail out here with the turn up of the MACCI 10min

glen

Attachments

• line up.JPG
    line up.JPG
    152.7 KB · Views: 7
Can't trade won't trade

Can't trade with IB anyway,

get this error message

anyone know what it means?

Attachments

• can't trade won;t trade.JPG
    can't trade won;t trade.JPG
    11.8 KB · Views: 2
Can't trade with IB anyway,

get this error message

anyone know what it means?

You've hit the 3 day trades limit so it wont let you open another trade. If you have less than $25k in your account (I think thats right) you can't be classed as a day trader otherwise they freeze your account. Hopefully we'll make enough dosh on the swing trades to get over this hurdle in time. Unless the tax man gives you a nice fat rebate to stick in your trading account.

Jonathan

You've hit the 3 day trades limit so it wont let you open another trade. If you have less than $25k in your account (I think thats right) you can't be classed as a day trader otherwise they freeze your account. Hopefully we'll make enough dosh on the swing trades to get over this hurdle in time. Unless the tax man gives you a nice fat rebate to stick in your trading account.

Jonathan

thanks jonathan,

now were'd i put that check book?:)

MACCI not much use tonight (bigger things in play)

Attachments

• line up.JPG
    line up.JPG
    163.7 KB · Views: 4
  • all three.JPG
    all three.JPG
    200.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
ok,

i now have all of G1's weak list in TS2 along with daily data from yahoo through hyperserver.

would now like to get Iraj diverg indacator working, however not having much luck???

Attachments

• TS2 weak list.JPG
    TS2 weak list.JPG
    185.1 KB · Views: 12
Hi Paul,

I'm not getting a reading from it, i tried to Format it so it would compare to ''INDU'' instead of ''$INDU'' but still not giving readings

thanks
glen

Last edited:
Hi Glen,
From what I've read the Banking sector would be better off bailing out the bond insurers than propping them up after they fail. Any deals that are done will probably be of no benefit to the existing shareholders so the shares could still go to the wall. But you're right in that they could be too hot to handle at the moment. I don't think i'll be including them in my next swing list. Got to keep reminding myself that it is the risk which we are trying to minimize; the profits will sort themselves out.

Jonathan

Hi Glen,
From what I've read the Banking sector would be better off bailing out the bond insurers than propping them up after they fail. Any deals that are done will probably be of no benefit to the existing shareholders so the shares could still go to the wall. But you're right in that they could be too hot to handle at the moment. I don't think i'll be including them in my next swing list. Got to keep reminding myself that it is the risk which we are trying to minimize; the profits will sort themselves out.

Jonathan

hi Jonathan,

thanks for the post, I think G1's out of MBI and will not be re-entring MBI from now on. Not sure what he thinks of ABK, but i'd think it's a bit risky to short ABK for now.

Glen

ok,

i now have all of G1's weak list in TS2 along with daily data from yahoo through hyperserver.

would now like to get Iraj diverg indacator working, however not having much luck???

does anyone else have the diverg indicator up and running

glen

Are you using IB as your data feed and can you post some screenshots ?

Paul

hi Paul,

i'm now using yahoo plugin from hyperserver for the weak list as there is to many symbols for IB.

The Macci daily seems to be work fine, but i can't get the Diverg code working?

i'm not sure if i have it formated correctly

thanks
glen

Attachments

• iraj $INDU diverg.JPG
    iraj $INDU diverg.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 12
hi Paul,

i'm now using yahoo plugin from hyperserver for the weak list as there is to many symbols for IB.

The Macci daily seems to be work fine, but i can't get the Diverg code working?

i'm not sure if i have it formated correctly

thanks
glen

Hi Glen- I do not use Yahoo as the data source for the RS -what is your format settings for the Divergence code-as this can be set for a no. of periods (bars)of divergence for the indicator to indicate a divergence i.e. it can indicate after 1bar...2 bars of divergence etc..

Raj

Hi Glen- I do not use Yahoo as the data source for the RS -what is your format settings for the Divergence code-as this can be set for a no. of periods (bars)of divergence for the indicator to indicate a divergence i.e. it can indicate after 1bar...2 bars of divergence etc..

Raj

hi Raj,

I've played about with it a bit, still not working, the setting as follows;

thanks
glen

Attachments

• diverg 1.JPG
    diverg 1.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 14
  • diverg 2.JPG
    diverg 2.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 13
Glen

Could it be because you only have EOD data ?
Why that should make any difference I don't know - just a thought.

Glenn