belflan's US stock intra day trades

horrendous trading all in by me tonight

I will write it up in full in the morning

aapl l
rimm l
amzn l

total t

running total = +$1,283

the results don't really tell the whole story (got let off very lightly)

the intra trade draw down on these trades would have been at around 8.30pm uk time and would have amounted to $2,150

This was very poor un technical trading (and probably whats worst is if these had of made money, which they could have, I would have been all pleased with myself. BUT THEY WERE NOT TECHNICAL)

my entry was not technical off the 10min macci,
my exit was more of a hold and hope than anything else.

really bad week in terms of P/L = -$2,537

really good week in terms of getting organised, I'm more confident than ever that I will be a successful trader..

belflan

PS. just realise although I lost $2,537 this week my total for the dow trades (taken at the same time as all trade entries/exits) would have been up by 37points including for spread but not commissions.

hmm, interesting will keep an eye on this.

Last edited:
results to date

trades = 74
wins = 42 (57%)
losses = 32 (43%)

Average win = $186
Average loss = $205

running total = $1,283

Last edited:
the intra trade draw down on these trades would have been at around 8.30pm uk time and would have amounted to $2,150

This was very poor un technical trading (and probably whats worst is if these had of made money, which they could have, I would have been all pleased with myself. BUT THEY WERE NOT TECHNICAL)

my entry was not technical off the 10min macci,
my exit was more of a hold and hope than anything else.

really bad week in terms of P/L = -$2,279

really good week in terms of getting organised, I'm more confident than ever that I will be a successful trader..

belflan

PS. just realise although I lost -$2,279 this week my total for the dow trades (taken at the same time as all trade entries/exits) would have been up by 37points including for spread but not commissions.

hmm, interesting will keep an eye on this.

How do your long and shorts stack up against each other this week ? It has been fairly strongly up. It would have been hard making money on any shorts.

How do your long and shorts stack up against each other this week ? It has been fairly strongly up. It would have been hard making money on any shorts.

HI dc,

total for longs this week = -$863
total for shorts this week = -$1,674

cheers
belflan

just realised a mistake will now correct

week loss total (i took wrong figure from spread sheet)

30min macci charts for aapl, amzn and rimm (along with the indu as always)

Macc'i all heading o/s, will keep this in mind for tomorrow (for scalping)

the data for rimm is a bit messed up, but you get the picture

belflan

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    245.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
30min macci charts for aapl, amzn and rimm (along with the indu as always)

Macc'i all heading o/s, will keep this in mind for tomorrow (for scalping)

the data for rimm is a bit messed up, but you get the picture

belflan

MARKET!!......MARKET!!......MARKET!!.....for entry my friend........
lets see what tomorrow brings....

MARKET!!......MARKET!!......MARKET!!.....for entry my friend........
lets see what tomorrow brings....

couldn't agreed more (indu included in the charts above) aapl, amzn & rimm 30min charts posted just to show the strong correlation to the indu

cheers
belflan

Hi Glen,
Well, for everyone's amusement at the start of the week here on TT - I'll tell you what I do. I expect I'm going to regret this and be expelled from the forum for such a crude approach. Hey ho!
Attached are my trades from last Friday 18th April and a chart of QQQQ. Broadly speaking, if the cubes are above their 10 EMA I go long and short if below. (I use QQQQ for Nasdaq stocks and SPY for NYSE ones and may refer to both on narrow rangebound days where direction is unclear.) Sometimes one needs to apply a little common sense to this - Friday being a case in point. My first two trades in the day (C and EBAY) were both in the pink zone on the chart. The EMA is well below price because of the large gap up at the open. However, price is clearly moving down so, in spite of price being above the EMA, both these trades were shorts. It's worth pointing out - I think - that both trades 'failed' as they were entered at 9.46 and 10.04 respectively - just as the main market ended its opening sell off and reversed back up.

The remaining 7 trades - (AMGN through to CAT) were all taken in the green zone where price is clearly trending above the EMA. Consequently, all 7 trades were longs. Had I traded the evening session then I would, almost certainly, only have taken shorts. The exception to the rule is a stock that is moving completely independently of its sector and the main market. At the moment, I leave these alone until I've got more experience under my belt and a few more $$$$ in the bank.
Now, where's the forum exit . . .;)
Tim.

Attachments

• Market_Trend.gif
    Market_Trend.gif
    16.8 KB · Views: 15
  • Friday_18_04_08.gif
    Friday_18_04_08.gif
    9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
reason for aapl trade=

30min & 10min macci

1min starting to trend up

aapl strength to market

will exit when/if 10min macci goes o/b and turns

belflan

will be look for an exit on aapl soon, as 5min is now o/b and 10min is heading there

I think the market will finish weak today=

10min cycle

gap down at open not closed

I'm thinking (for what its worth) the market will sell off from here

30min macci looks bullish tho

we'll see

belflan

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 4
will exit both shorts off the 10min macci

tonight I'm using IB sim account for the 1st time (trying to make it as realistic as poss)

its a bit of a hand full to do this along with posting

belflan

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 9
I thought about exiting on the 1st turn up of the 10min macci, but i hung on.

it looked to me like the indu run up and finally broke out of the 12,800 area (stop running????) and now is reversing

my only problems is rimm seems to be a bit out of cynic with the indu tonight.

will now exit short when indu 10macci goes o/b and turns up

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    106 KB · Views: 4
AAPL

52 week gain = 77%
beta = 2.9

AMZN

52 week gain = 78%
beta = 3.33

RIMM

52 week gain = 178%??
beta = 2.19

not entirely sure what beta means I'll look it up later. (something to do with stocks relationship to market)

belflan

Attachments

• Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    138.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Capture3.JPG
    Capture3.JPG
    139.6 KB · Views: 4
Looks like today there has been lots of selling (flushing out weak longs from Friday maybe?)

I'll try hold onto shorts as long as possible now that 30min is on my side

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 5