A Master Class in FX Intraday Trading by F & Co

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry all.........really really busy at work at moment .....perhaps will pop in tomorrow

good trading
N

EA - After 3 00pm US news - Aussie/ dollar rose - EA fell

EA

4 10pm

FX Trading today as not been easy - mainly due to poor moves on maIn pairs

I never bother about trends or directions - I just want moves ideally from 7 pips to 25+ pips - and if they then carry on - its like cream on the cake etc

EA after 3 15 pm and 3 21 pm confirmed it wanted to fall and it was a lovely set up on the tick chart - with the clues at the end of the 3 00 pm TW

Here's my chart

220068d1457021402-master-class-fx-intraday-trading-f-co-ea-3316-pm.png

Attachments

• EA - 3316 pm.png
    EA - 3316 pm.png
    83.7 KB · Views: 456
EA

4 10pm

FX Trading today as not been easy - mainly due to poor moves on maIn pairs

I never bother about trends or directions - I just want moves ideally from 7 pips to 25+ pips - and if they then carry on - its like cream on the cake etc

EA after 3 15 pm and 3 21 pm confirmed it wanted to fall and it was a lovely set up on the tick chart - with the clues at the end of the 3 00 pm TW

Here's my chart

220068d1457021402-master-class-fx-intraday-trading-f-co-ea-3316-pm.png

EA

4 30 pm Update

It bottomed in the 4 00 pm TW and after 4 09 pm it was back as a scalp buy above 4842

Nice hourly moves really - both ways

Comments On EU Today

EU

6 38am

Yesterday and so far this morning - we just cannot get over the interim R area of 0880

First supports 55-60 and then down at yesterdays low at 0825.

I will really only be looking at holding buys above 0890 and 0910 + as for me whilst we stay under 0880 and 75 it favours bear sells and is in a bear price structure

Not high on my scalping list as too slow and we need under 50 to carry on selling

Pre news - EU is a scalp sell under 0907

Will it be the saame in 2 mins ?

EU scalp buy starts 1 31 pm from 0897 - but without making over 0907 and then 0915 - we can not stay with it

2 54pm

EU - Talk about slow - finally now 0923

GU been a better buy

news in approx 5 mins again

EU

4 13pm

Over 1 hr later and now at 0944

Just thankful EU is not my main trading pair ;-)
)

EU

7 50pm

Finished trading before 6 00 pm - but popped back to look as not out tonight and cannot see much on the TV atm

The EU cannot make over 0975 now - and although I found it really boring and slow once it cleared over 0920 and 30 it as least moved up then over 50 pips this afternoon

I dont want any trader thinking - I cannot be bothered scalping EU at all - but for me -its really a secondary pair behind my main money earners

The EU can be very difficult to trade at times - but with it having such a low cost/ spread to enter it attracts all newbies etc - and the LP's and market makers enjoy the EU purely because so much money is traded through it

I like to try and post my times in the comments - so when I copy them - they are showing the thought history through the day - ie opposite to hindsight trading - I am trying to forecast whether to keep buying or keep selling - in advance of the moves.

I plan to change the format of this thread again this month.

I am also away for a short holiday break and plan to only pop in then just a few days a week - not do everyday.

Tomorrow morning I probably will not be starting until after 7 15 am or 7 30 am - but I should be about over the day to cover at least 3 x 90 min sessions

Today was slow after a busy earlier week - lets hope tomorrow we see more action

Regards

F

Good morning all, NFP day.

Market is slow now. Selling EA. Last top is 30+ minute. Target is 59 zone. Let see. If it stays into that BTTZ zone, then I would be dead.

Good morning all, NFP day.

Market is slow now. Selling EA. Last top is 30+ minute. Target is 59 zone. Let see. If it stays into that BTTZ zone, then I would be dead.

yes just made 6 pips with it.
GU is rising. But no countertrade 62-58 is a vital zone to decide bias.

One question is EJ is going to reach 125 zone or its going to fall below 124.60 zone.
Even if it reach 125 zone is it going to do that during LO or waiting for NFP...

Lets see..

Freaky Friday 4th March 2016 - Pre London Open at 8 00 am

Good Morning to all FX Intraday Traders

Its that's Friday again - ie Non Farm Payroll red news announcement day

Traditionally one of the most important news releases in the calendar - but nowadays it a not been having the same effect as of 3 and 5 / 10 yrs ago

Nomally for Freaky Friday - I start early ie 6 00 am - knowing many times it will be very slow from after 9 30 am to Lunchtime UK

Today - I could not be bothered - yesterday was a slow day - and I guessed pre LO might be slow - as its all part of the "gameplay" used by market makers etc etc

I did not even bothered looking at my charts until after 7 30 am this morning - a lazy morning - but by the look of it - I have not missed much - its just been really a scalping morning and many pairs PA as not been that nice - similar to a lot of yesterday

Also - this month I am changing my format on this journal

I plan to only do a few days a week - not everyday - as I have done over the last 30 months on two threads - easily covering 180 to 220 trading days a year.

Today - last trading day of the week and I am taking it easy - but still hope to get a minimum 4 hrs of trading in between LO and London Close - approx a 9 hr trading window

Have a good day

Regards

F

One question is EJ is going to reach 125 zone or its going to fall below 124.60 zone.
Even if it reach 125 zone is it going to do that during LO or waiting for NFP...

Lets see..

Morning Sun

Always remember over the two opens from say 7 am to 8 30 am - the market makers and players are up to tricks - mainly trying to deceive and set up false sentiments

We have our LiTs area to give us bias on price structure - but really we have to wait maybe to after the London open to see really what the plans might be for the first 2 hrs from 8 am to 10 am UK time

That's why we scalp - because if you try and set up a swing trade for 30 or 50+ pips normally - it will fail on most popular pairs - although the EA / GA / GJ / - 50 pips normally is just like 15 -25 pips on the UJ or AU or even EU

Also its key that you are around to trade between 7 30 am and 9 00 am normally

As you know I start before 6 00 am most nmornings and 6 to 7 00 am can be good - but not every day - however 7 30 am to 9 00 am is always good 95% of the time

You have a good day and pace yourself whilst remaining focused and remember to us your levels etc to assist on new scalps

GL

Regards

Peter

GU

After 7 21 am and for me 7 39 am it was an easy scalp sell

Exactly the same on the GJ - and they are in sync - so GJ gets preference as a bigger mover

Just cherry picking 2 nice pairs in sync - either together or oppositely correlated can really add pips to your kitty very quickly

Many followers might have noticed over this last 6 weeks I have been using my tick chart set up more than my 1 min charts

I min charts are fine - 90% of the time - but when sometimes the market is teasing and PA is not so easy - I find I can get another edge by viewing the tick along with the set up from the 1 mins

Great example this morning is the GJ

It gave me an edge at 7 58 am to scalp buy the GJ at at 161 o7

3 mins later - I have made 24 pips

Nice ;-))

As you know I start before 6 00 am most nmornings and 6 to 7 00 am can be good - but not every day - however 7 30 am to 9 00 am is always good 95% of the time

Hi Peter,
Agree with that.

I had a loss on GU during EO. It was fluctuating very badly. So I thought to pick EJ. But its now correcting. I was thinking about buy, seeing the lits...But currently its scary for me. If it doesn't go above 124.75 zone. My buy trades are at risk.

Regards
Good day you too..

GJ - 2 mins to LO and a scalp buy on tick chart

GJ

As comment above

7 58 am UK time and 161 07 was the scalp buy

Why?

So many clues on the tick chart

Price level in support area

Nice fall - and so more slow bears would enter - late

8 00 LO and the London boys would be looking to set traders up and catch them out

LRs and PA over 4 mins said - a change going on

My stop would have been below the low at 161 03 - notice 05 was the HL on the tick

If we had not gone over 161 12 - I would have exited

+ loads more small clues that you see after 1000's of hrs studying PA on 1 min and tick charts

I exited with just 24 pips - I was happy with that - even thought it carried on up another 8 + pips - I then expected a pullback or sell

Here's the chart

220126d1457079359-master-class-fx-intraday-trading-f-co-gj-4316-8-ooam.png

Attachments

• GJ - 4316 8 OOAM.png
    GJ - 4316 8 OOAM.png
    89.1 KB · Views: 429
Hi Peter,
Agree with that.

I had a loss on GU during EO. It was fluctuating very badly. So I thought to pick EJ. But its now correcting. I was thinking about buy, seeing the lits...But currently its scary for me. If it doesn't go above 124.75 zone. My buy trades are at risk.

Regards
Good day you too..

Sun

at 8 03 am when you posted you should have spotted it had peaked at 78 and a LH might happen

It did aand 8 04 to 8 06 am on UK time was sells

I worry about those MT4 charts and the accuracy of the both time and price axis's - as you know

My EJ buy trade failed...I had a strong faith that It would reach 125 but no it's not...now clueless.

Status
Not open for further replies.