A Master Class in FX Intraday Trading by F & Co

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi, am i correct in thinking that we avoid red news? and is this 10:30 red news about the yen, "boj govenor kuroda speaking", generally something to be avoided?

Just has my best (most profitable trade) yet on the GA, all LRs over price on a trend line break @ 9:06

7xpmH9Vl.jpg

i will look and get back to you. been hauling soil in buckets all day

Easy Pairs - and ones you don't bother with

Sorry guys - not been about much today - suffering still with man flu and so cannot focus and concentrate etc - so not an ideal day for me to be trading.

I have still taken a few easy trades ( Pound crosses today) and kept well away from the EJ

Here's the reason with the EJ - its just not been nice - ugly PA no real patterns - testing - etc etc - as shown in the chart

213558d1452614723-master-class-fx-intraday-trading-f-co-ej-12116-not-pair-you-want-trade.png

The GA - a different ballgame - its fallen over 350 pips - and its been fairly easy to follow due to its price structure and also with the help of a trendline

213560d1452614723-master-class-fx-intraday-trading-f-co-ga-12115-pm.png

Attachments

• EJ - 12116 -not a pair you want to trade.png
    EJ - 12116 -not a pair you want to trade.png
    83.4 KB · Views: 628
  • GA - 12115 pm.png
    GA - 12115 pm.png
    64.4 KB · Views: 651
hey all

nice solid Bull performance today for USD ..............plenty of opps for scalpers to make money(y)

others

AUD has had a solid London and US session - BUY

CAD getting hammerd US session - Sell

GBP had a disastrous London....its rallying US but hammer that dude when he falters

nothing else interesting me ......perhaps the Yen looking better and better US........

cheers guys - have a good one :smart:

N

Attachments

• usd bull day.JPG
    usd bull day.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 74
After I leave, now it moved up 14 pips up. :|

better and Better Sun ..................do you know why you will make it in trading ?

because day after day you turn up and trade like the others here !

rule number 1 in anything - show up for work !!!!:p

N

unless you have man flu - only exception !!!!

Hi, traders. Here are two pictures of some of my bad trades from yesterday, and some better ones (I think) from today. I will tell you my thoughts, but I would also appreciate some feedback.

First where I lost almost 50 pips very quickly on the EA. It might well have been a positive day yesterday had I not gotten wrapped up in this section.

The LRs were kinda bunching up and beginning to cross, so I thought the EA was about to make a big move, so I was keen to be in it. I was trying to sell when LRs were over, and then under, and so on, but the price kept jumping back very fast. I wouldnt normally be letting trades run so far into the negative, and I do try to close down losers quickly, here though the price was jumping around quite fast, and I got caught out lots.

Observe the chaos

m9QCQTT.jpg

I think I had been too focused on the longer term and medium LRs, and ignoring the faster ones, thereby getting my entries far too late and being reliant on continuations that never happened rather than turns.

Today I have been refocusing on the fast LRs, and trying to pick tops and bottoms, and trying to get entries as early as possible, and be in moves as they start.

So, here is a very similar zone on the EA, ranging a bit, but here I made +13, rather than -50. I was using the fast LRs at what I thought would be resistance points.

Hi0dCGZ.jpg

What do you guys think about that? Or perhaps you would avoid ranging PA altogether?

Hi, traders. Here are two pictures of some of my bad trades from yesterday, and some better ones (I think) from today. I will tell you my thoughts, but I would also appreciate some feedback.

First where I lost almost 50 pips very quickly on the EA. It might well have been a positive day yesterday had I not gotten wrapped up in this section.

The LRs were kinda bunching up and beginning to cross, so I thought the EA was about to make a big move, so I was keen to be in it. I was trying to sell when LRs were over, and then under, and so on, but the price kept jumping back very fast. I wouldnt normally be letting trades run so far into the negative, and I do try to close down losers quickly, here though the price was jumping around quite fast, and I got caught out lots.

Observe the chaos

m9QCQTT.jpg

I think I had been too focused on the longer term and medium LRs, and ignoring the faster ones, thereby getting my entries far too late and being reliant on continuations that never happened rather than turns.

Today I have been refocusing on the fast LRs, and trying to pick tops and bottoms, and trying to get entries as early as possible, and be in moves as they start.

So, here is a very similar zone on the EA, ranging a bit, but here I made +13, rather than -50. I was using the fast LRs at what I thought would be resistance points.

Hi0dCGZ.jpg

What do you guys think about that? Or perhaps you would avoid ranging PA altogether?

Hi PP

You might be running rather than walking here PP

You are trying to intraday a fast moving pair - whilst still not understanding the relationship between all the LR's

The reason we have 9 + is because they are paint a price structure

On your first chart i have highlighted an important LR in the structure

When the other LR's are under this LR then it favoured sells

It only goes to buys when price and the LR's come back over this LR ( thick red one)

It will take you anything frm 3 to 6 months to understand and read the LR charts - everyday you will spot small subtle changes - that you will start then to understand more

Also for scalping the EA - ideally you need at least a 1000 scalps behind you on slower pairs - ie learning the craft and the skill required - unfortunately you just cannot go from say a couple of months experience to Major Magnum's or my level under a year a two - its thats complex and time consuming

You will get better every few months etc- but if it was easy - then every trader would be making 200+ pips every day on my method - but its all possible as MM shown with his 450+ pip day yesterday

213596d1452628779-master-class-fx-intraday-trading-f-co-ea-copy-chart-pp.png

Attachments

• EA - COPY CHART OF pp.png
    EA - COPY CHART OF pp.png
    583.2 KB · Views: 615

Observe the chaos

m9QCQTT.jpg

Hi0dCGZ.jpg

i think that there are some advanced technique trades on your second chart that you took.
on the first chart, seee how medium lr needed time to mature before it took off.

quick update on my results. i have overlapped top two from last results as usual.

Attachments

• update.PNG
    update.PNG
    11.2 KB · Views: 85
better and Better Sun ..................do you know why you will make it in trading ?

because day after day you turn up and trade like the others here !

rule number 1 in anything - show up for work !!!!:p

N

unless you have man flu - only exception !!!!

Thank you NVP, Its a good start of the day...inspired.

No I don't have any flu yet...although weather is bad..:LOL:

I decided to add something from my side in this system to get properly tuned entry & exits..Also writing a journal to track down my mental side on both demo & real trading scenario, implementing "C System" & adjusting "X system".

The Little Book of Behavioural Investing > How not to be your own worst enemy! Excellent book.

Good Morning & Have a nice day traders.

Back during trading hour.

Wednesday 13th January 2016 - Pre Opens

Good Morning FX Intraday Traders

My cold/ flu as gone on too many days now - normally after 3 days I can shake it off - not this one - so going to get a Doctors appointment to see if I need antibiotics etc

I feel bad - but still not that bad enough to see a 6 29 am EA scalp buy set up - so at least some pips in the kitty to start the day.

Did not take many trades at all yesterday - probably going to write this week off and try and make sure I am back to normal for the next one

Meanwhile - please feel free to post calls and charts etc - the more the merrier

Wishing you all a good trading day - and for me to feel back to normal ( not helped by Man U draw with Newcastle United last night after leading both 2 -0 and 3 -2 - Fergie must be having nightmares ;-( )

hey all ................scalping hard at moment - update to follow .....usd bull bull bull but also heading for a R level any second

Good Morning FX Intraday Traders

My cold/ flu as gone on too many days now - normally after 3 days I can shake it off - not this one - so going to get a Doctors appointment to see if I need antibiotics etc

I feel bad - but still not that bad enough to see a 6 29 am EA scalp buy set up - so at least some pips in the kitty to start the day.

Did not take many trades at all yesterday - probably going to write this week off and try and make sure I am back to normal for the next one

Meanwhile - please feel free to post calls and charts etc - the more the merrier

Wishing you all a good trading day - and for me to feel back to normal ( not helped by Man U draw with Newcastle United last night after leading both 2 -0 and 3 -2 - Fergie must be having nightmares ;-( )

hey F - seriously take it easy .............don't let the bug linger on or it will................get some jungle juice from the doctor and rest

N :cool:

Thank you NVP, Its a good start of the day...inspired.

No I don't have any flu yet...although weather is bad..:LOL:

I decided to add something from my side in this system to get properly tuned entry & exits..Also writing a journal to track down my mental side on both demo & real trading scenario, implementing "C System" & adjusting "X system".

The Little Book of Behavioural Investing > How not to be your own worst enemy! Excellent book.

Good Morning & Have a nice day traders.

Back during trading hour.

sounds interesting ...............the best reads on the phycology side for me (aside from perhaps trading in the zone) are by steve ward .......a trading coach ..................ive met him and hes a nice guy and has coached some of the best traders in the world..........read his stuff ...hes published on t2win as well

ok anticipated R level hit so I am changing scalp patterns ............trying to make my targets in under 90 mins instad of a day ........back later

Attachments

• usd.JPG
    usd.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 68
ok anticipated R level hit so I am changing scalp patterns ............trying to make my targets in under 90 mins instad of a day ........back later

Good Luck N

I have taken 3 scalp buys on the EA from after 6 29 am - so in the last hour

Everyone made over 14 pips and last one now at 19 pips

Have to be ill more often and just cherry pick a big mover :D

Have a good day N and see you later

Regards

F

Status
Not open for further replies.