ZuluTrade

neither do I ,it was just in discussion

"Thank you for contacting ZuluTrade support department.
According to ZuluTrade signal provider payment policy :
A Signal Provider's maximum total draw-down should not exceed their profit in pips (Max DD % should not be greater than 100%). This applies once there is an adequate record of provider's performance, e.g. once overall PnL exceeds 1000 pips.
No positions should be allowed to reach losses of 700 pips or more. The use of stop loss at reasonable values is mandatory to ensure followers' safety. A careful and short use of Stop-Loss will also assist and promote you in our Ranking algorithm. Large stop-losses or no stop-losses is not appropriate trading.
ZuluTrade values the safety of its followers’ capital as an utmost priority. For this reason, Signal Providers who apply abusive trading behavior as above, introducing high risks to their followers, will be examined carefully and if deemed malicious, they will be refused compensation.
You may find this info at: https://www.zulutrade.com/SignalProviderGuide.aspx
PS: we do not have any punishment on signal providers who has 50% winning percentage.
If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Best regards"

Averaging down system , to see trading history details , just click the drop down arrow beside "recently closed trades" , very dangerous max drawdown 83% ! :

ShadowBanker - a forex trading system on Collective2

tar; i did download the trades for this fellow; and override the lot size to be 1.0 on all trades; assuming the capital is 100K; the equity curve is impressive.

the longest position he held was 4 months; and the shortest is 1 minute.
Majority of trades and P&L is from GBPJPY, GBPUSD, and EURUSD.

from his negative feedbacks; i can see where the problem is. His position sizing was bad. He should have sticked to fixed position sizing; and no compounding.

Disclaimer:
- the equity curve includes closed trades only.
- Trades were not verified against the historical market data

Attachments

• c2.jpg
    c2.jpg
    270.3 KB · Views: 152
  • c2-monthly.png
    c2-monthly.png
    22.5 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
Disclaimer:
- the equity curve includes closed trades only.
- Trades were not verified against the historical market data

His problem is averaging in/down and his max DD is around 83% , your equity curve is telling half the story , he had extreme drawdowns check for example his 17/3/2011 GBP/JPY trade/s which did trigger a margin call ...

His problem is averaging in/down and his max DD is around 83% , your equity curve is telling half the story , he had extreme drawdowns check for example his 17/3/2011 GBP/JPY trade/s which did trigger a margin call ...

i don't see that problem if I used fixed position sizing of 1 lot per trade; regardless of the position sizing he used.

the maximum floating drawdown for GBPJPY was 15.5%; and 15.88% for the whole portfolio.

that is an acceptable drawdown; and will not cause a margin call.

attached is the open equity curve for GBPJPY

Attachments

• c2-gbpjpy.jpg
    c2-gbpjpy.jpg
    262 KB · Views: 237
i don't see that problem if I used fixed position sizing of 1 lot per trade; regardless of the position sizing he used.

the maximum floating drawdown for GBPJPY was 15.5%; and 15.88% for the whole portfolio.

that is an acceptable drawdown; and will not cause a margin call.

attached is the open equity curve for GBPJPY

He took 6 trades ( averaging down ) for the short GBP/JPY trade the average price was 132.00 and the worst price was 139.53 thats 750 pips in drawdown lets say you took 1 lot 6 times and your account is 100K as per your previous post , thats more than 50% drawdown ...

He took 6 trades ( averaging down ) for the short GBP/JPY trade the average price was 132.00 and the worst price was 139.53 thats 750 pips in drawdown lets say you took 1 lot 6 times and your account is 100K as per your previous post , thats more than 50% drawdown ...

it just doesnt work,however you look at it,if it draws 50%,by that time your only 100 or so pips away from 75% and so on

from the excel spreadsheet; i see only 4 trades during March 2011. 1 in 1-march, another in 9-march and 2 in 17-march.

where do you see the 6 trades?

from the excel spreadsheet; i see only 4 trades during March 2011. 1 in 1-march, another in 9-march and 2 in 17-march.

where do you see the 6 trades?

Thats why i've said b4 you have to unfold the list to see the details , check this group of trades he opened in GBPJPY starting from 17th Mar , that's what i am talking about , in reality you cant get in at his average price 132.00 unless you are averaging in/down like him , otherwise the data is useless ...

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 237
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 213
Thats why i've said b4 you have to unfold the list to see the details , check this group of trades he opened in GBPJPY starting from 17th Mar , that's what i am talking about , in reality you cant get in at his average price 132.00 unless you are averaging in/down like him , otherwise the data is useless ...

lol; i didn't see the unfolding option. this means my earlier stats are erroneous.

will do another test when i have a chance to download the breadown of trades.

btw; why do they say "hypothetical trading results"? aren't they from his live account?

btw; why do they say "hypothetical trading results"? aren't they from his live account?

No , if he is trading from his live account you see a big badge "TOS" trades own system ...

manual as well , they have forex ,stocks ,futures and options ...

just looking at it,you can also charge a fixed fee for them to follow your signals or a commission on each trade is that right,any more outline details would be appreciated to save me reading t and cs etc,thanks
can I send signals from a demo account,is it better to use live etc,can i use multiple lots etc,those sort of points if you know the answers thanks

Last edited:
just looking at it,you can also charge a fixed fee for them to follow your signals or a commission on each trade is that right,any more outline details would be appreciated to save me reading t and cs etc,thanks
can I send signals from a demo account,is it better to use live etc,can i use multiple lots etc,those sort of points if you know the answers thanks

First to start your system you have to build it and then pay the subscription fees to C2 = 99 $/ 6 months .

Yes you can charge a periodic fixed fee or per profitable trade . And you will get your commissions automatically from collective2 at the 20th of every month by paypal or by check , but the due commissions has to be 45 days old or something like that . ofcourse 30% of your revenue will go to the website .

you can send signals from a demo using collective2 interface or MT4(fx) or Ninja trader , and its not better to send from a live account ...

Its better to follow your own signals on your live account cuz you will get the "TOS" badge...( ie: you will send the signals from c2 demo interface or from MT4 account then you will subscribe to your own system to get the badge , if you want to ofcourse ) ...

And yes you can use multiple lots and unlike Zulutrade when you start your own system you will choose your starting capital ...BTW forex max leverage on collective2 is 1:33 .

Thanks Tar

I had a good look round last night,seems better than I first thought,but still feel its way behind Zulu in its presentation and ease of use

Thanks Tar

I had a good look round last night,seems better than I first thought,but still feel its way behind Zulu in its presentation and ease of use

I see collective2 more professional and much better , zulutrade looks like a kindergarten , for God sake look at the traders avatars there :cheesy:

you have a valid point

on collective if I have a demo account,how are the prices of ebntry decided and transferred into the followers accounts,it doesnt seems as simple as zulu. Also they appear to have less volume or is that just the way its calculated. The dd needs to be sorted to stop the 100% win merchants,thought they would have done that by now. With zulu the dd is calculated on open positions,so nowhere to hide