Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

user said:
Have a chance next two years?.....Man Utd don't need another manager.... :devilish:

Hold on a second.....!?!?! You think wining the title every 50 years is an achievement?! The fact is pump that sort of investment into 'any club' and you'd most probably win the title.....Your fun will obviously be over tonight.....just try to win the title back to back.....Or how about a 'proper treble'!?

I didn't think I'd ever say this BUT.....Come on Liverpool!...Only for tonight.... :-0
calm down dear, see you at old trafford.

A test of 10200 before the rate decision and then a touch towards 10300 after? I wonder...

not sure. but im not going short til we hit 10,300.

staying out til the path becomes clear.

i would prefer a move up to 10,300 before hitting 10,100. but these weeks can all go tong.

i presume an interest rise is taken for granted..

wonder if it will be .25 or 0.5

hmm

FetteredChinos said:
i presume an interest rise is taken for granted..
wonder if it will be .25 or 0.5
hmm

Can't remember where amid the masses of stuff read today, but it convinced me that a .25% rise is priced into bonds 100%. Consensus on NASDAQ site survey is also 100% for 0.25%.

The only room for serious conjecture is in weather or not the accompanying statement will materially alter the 'measured increases' phraseology and weather or not they might take the opportunity to give the impression that 'inflationary fears' are now receding a little. They can hardly do that if they hike the rate by 0.5%.

If it's .25% and the statement minimises inflation fears - it will probably be like rocket fuel.

Either way I'm staying clear until things settle down a bit.

Does anyone here have a DOW trade that was opened today? Probably easier trading shares.

Why did England 'burn' the Ashes?Because the Aussies didn't have a bright spark amongst them.

FetteredChinos said:
oh the Tony and Gordon comedy show continues

http://politics.guardian.co.uk/election/story/0,15803,1475540,00.html

and just why are mortgage rates so low, apart from giving independance to the B of E, them cutting rates as industry/commerce has ground to a halt because of economic cycle/bizarre government spending.

good one.

it saddens me that the electorate might swallow this bowlarks..

Whatever one's political leanings, the Blair-Brown duo will win if only because there is no credible alternative.

i did get something, shunted through my burgeoning letter box the other day, called a "preferendum".

basically listed the main parties manifestos and asked me to tick those policies that i agreed with etc.

then of course, fill in my name and address, and send it back to them.

of course i didnt fill it in, as i didnt want a monthly subscription to The Watchtower, or whatever, but it did make me think.

why dont the parties actually do this themselves?

focus groups dont count..

it would make things so much simpler, and actually reflect what the people want..

have the BNP removed their compulsory gun ownership policy yet? that cracked me up.

kriesau said:
Whatever one's political leanings, the Blair-Brown duo will win if only because there is no credible alternative.
It's got nothing to do with credible alternatives and everything to do with the vast, blind, wilful, unmitigated stupidity of the lumpen proletariat for whom reality is defined by the latest 'reality TV show'

God help us all :rolleyes:

peterpr said:
It's got nothing to do with credible alternatives and everything to do with the vast, blind, wilful, unmitigated stupidity of the lumpen proletariat for whom reality is defined by the latest 'reality TV show'

God help us all :rolleyes:
And there you have it !

And the public succeeds in delivering to itself the results it deserves.

And the Dow ? Sideways mischief.....

FetteredChinos said:
why dont the parties actually do this themselves?
Because it costs time, energy and money
focus groups dont count..
But they are frighteningly effective - as amply demonstrated by the current state of the apologies for democracy that hold sway both here and in the US. If the focus group research says you can get away with it - then you can - no matter who it involves screwing.
it would make things so much simpler, and actually reflect what the people want..
What a delightfully wide-eyed view of what politics should be :)

Blair will serve a full term and turnout will drop to record lows.There will also be record postal vote fraud.We'll end up in a European superstate in a Social Democratic dead end.The labour leaning press wants it so that's what we'll get.

........................................................................................................................................anticipation.....

Markets nonplussed so far by Fed statement. Probably bias to the upside since 'measured pace' phrase used regarding future rate rises.