Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

LION63 said:
The rally in the DOW over the last few days can be put down to the inflow from pension contributions an we are unlikely to see a follow through this week according to Tom Hougard (City Index).

yup.. generally happens every month.

i think it is also one of Jake Bernstein's seasonal trades.

buy on the 27/28th of the month and hold until the following 4/5th

cant remember if that one actually works.. a lot of his other's didnt/dont.

FC

Sorry guys and gals but there's only one thing that would stop me missing out on an important fed decision like tonight and that wouldn't be football.It would be Steve Harmison bowling Glen Mcgrath to take back The Ashes and that is unlikely at 7.15 on a tuesday evening......Oh yes and dare I forget,the Mrs putting her foot down to both. :eek: ;)

how about Harmy hitting McGrath on the head with a bouncer, and him retiring hurt, and thus we reclaim the ashes..

maybe its just the sadist in me coming out..

:)

FetteredChinos said:
how about Harmy hitting McGrath on the head with a bouncer, and him retiring hurt, and thus we reclaim the ashes..

FC,how could you have such a thought against such a well mannered team as the Aussies. :devilish: :LOL:

FetteredChinos said:

I think that he would have to hit Ponting, Martin, Gilchrist and Hayden on the head and trip up Shane Warne to twist his ankle in order for us to reclaim the Ashes.
Sadly, unless Dravid, Kallis, Pollock and Muralitharan can qualify for England by the end of this month, we have no chance.

you'd probably want to go long on Ashley Giles' bowling figures..

i think he might be in for a tonking this summer

Joules MM1 said:
Every time I go to Google and type in search words; England, Win and Ashes I get directed to a joke page...can anybody help?

Well there is no disputing the fact that even the Shelias are better than all of the other womens teams. As for the Bruces, well no worries, it's all those Witchity Grub Stews and gallons of 4X that keep them one step ahead :)

FetteredChinos said:
morning all, hope you all had a good weekend.

yesterday's sideways day was as expected..(sell day). hoping for a pop to 10,300-10,310 today.

though i have got an order in to sell at 10,260 should we get there. then bringing up to full size at the above levels.

FC

Are you already short at 10,300/310 ?

no.. closed my long from last thursday at 10,222 (limit hit) for +75

now waiting for this week's trades to be triggered..pattern implies an early pop. which at the moment looks unlikely.

if we dont get 10,300+ today, wednesday, then im looking for a long at 10,100 and below today/tmr.

FC

none of you heard of Liverpool v Chelsea A 7.30 sad lot.

Man Utd fan....

Hate both of them.....but I wish Liverpool beat them!....then get stuffed in the final!

user said:
Man Utd fan....

Hate both of them.....but I wish Liverpool beat them!....then get stuffed in the final!
get a european manager you Might have chance next two years

What affinity to you have with a bunch of overpaid foreign mercenaries who have no loyalty or commitment to a team beyond the size of their paycheck. One will play at Man U this year, Chelsea next year and maybe Liverpool the year after.
It's a different matter when national sides play - you either have to be born or qualified by residence to play for your country and you can't just switch to another one next year because they pay more. At that level there is also commitment on behalf of the supporters and they are representing their country. One can identify with that !

Club football is just another business these days, it has little or no connection with sport anymore. It's like cheering for Sainsburys against Tesco.

get a european manager you Might have chance next two years

Have a chance next two years?.....Man Utd don't need another manager.... :devilish:

Hold on a second.....!?!?! You think wining the title every 50 years is an achievement?! The fact is pump that sort of investment into 'any club' and you'd most probably win the title.....Your fun will obviously be over tonight.....just try to win the title back to back.....Or how about a 'proper treble'!?

I didn't think I'd ever say this BUT.....Come on Liverpool!...Only for tonight.... :-0

What will happen today.....

First I thought you'd have to favour an upside breakout

Then I though it could easily go down....and this time break that 10,000 barrier...

Then I though who knows.....

So we'll wait and see

hmmmmmmm.......decisions decisions....

christ almighty, there is red shyte all over the place.

can tell the market is going sideways when the chat on here gets even more banal.