Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

morning all, hope you all had a good weekend.

:)

yesterday's sideways day was as expected..(sell day). hoping for a pop to 10,300-10,310 today.

though i have got an order in to sell at 10,260 should we get there. then bringing up to full size at the above levels.

FC

The strongest advocate at last months FOMC meeting for retaining the principle of 'a measued pace' of interest rate rises was Fed Govenor Bernanke. He won't be at todays meeting since he is awaiting Senate confirmation of his appointment as chairman of Bush's Economic Advisory Council.

If the committee should decide, in his absence, to opt for a more flexible interest rate approach going forward and ditch the 'measured pace' terminology from their announcement, then this would almost certainly have a significant negative impact on the markets.

We can only wait and see what happens at 7.15pm today !

well its likely to move in a narrow range until 7.15. myabe 40 points wide.

then the old 3 spikes to take it in a direction of its own making.

so yes, at the moment it is down.

would be good to fade breakouts until the decision, IMHO.

perhaps get the old stochastics out to trade the range until lift-off

FC

Is the market almost certain to be down ahead of the rate decision?

Not at all....

Could be up or down....companies posting and also data coming out.

Should be a fun day as we are sitting at the top of the range but could easily go down again...

user said:
Not at all....

Could be up or down....companies posting and also data coming out.

Should be a fun day as we are sitting at the top of the range but could easily go down again...
none of you heard of Liverpool v Chelsea A 7.30 sad lot.

dunno. but i have heard of the liverpool v chelsea game at 7.45

you watching the ladies teams instead?

dont blame you.. lol

FC

FetteredChinos said:
dunno. but i have heard of the liverpool v chelsea game at 7.45

you watching the ladies teams instead?

dont blame you.. lol

FC
ladies cup final was yesterday & Charlon won,but you wouldn't know about it .enjoy the game ,chelsea 3-1

i know.. i saw that game yesterday. comedy moments all round.

the long ball that lead to the only goal bounce in the area about 4 or 5 times. you do have to question the keeper for not coming off her line..

3-1 you say? i fancy a disciplined 2-0 actually. Drogba netting one with his ****, and the Robben coming on to seal it at the end.

FetteredChinos said:
i know.. i saw that game yesterday. comedy moments all round.

the long ball that lead to the only goal bounce in the area about 4 or 5 times. you do have to question the keeper for not coming off her line..

3-1 you say? i fancy a disciplined 2-0 actually. Drogba netting one with his ****, and the Robben coming on to seal it at the end.
you "r" the man

I wonder if either of you have put your money on the game. Maybe it is a case of wishful thinking.

nope.. dont bet on football matches. they see you coming.

am tempted to short the labour majority at 75 though..

have a feeling thursday might be quite interesting. god knows it can only be more exciting than the build up.

Fettered Chinos,

Your calls on the DOW are better than most on this site (as your posts here prove) and long may that continue but Chelsea/Liverpool? As for the number of Labour seats..... I will be pleased if you are right.

so am i.. i want labour to get in this time, dont get me wrong, but only so they carry the can for the chaos that they have created in the economy. storing up problems for the long-term in favour of short-term favour with the public.

i have always voted labour in the past (well, twice actually) but things are all going tong in the next few years, and i dont really want anyone else to be blamed for it.

then we can start 2009 with a fresh slate. hopefully.

chelsea liverpool. well who knows..

all i care about is Sunderland not getting relegated next season lol :)

The rally in the DOW over the last few days can be put down to the inflow from pension contributions an we are unlikely to see a follow through this week according to Tom Hougard (City Index).