Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

FetteredChinos said:
christ almighty, there is red shyte all over the place.

can tell the market is going sideways when the chat on here gets even more banal.
3 spikes is it yours or trader Tom good obsevations.i am new to this game give me time,but thanks

Volaility.

I went long, long. long....Its funny stuff...I'll update later....

I would just like to add that the stat I posted over the weekend looks pretty good at the moment.

user said:
Volaility.

I went long, long. long....Its funny stuff...I'll update later....

Where did you go long ?

Anyone else go long ?

I had a Stop Buy in at 10295 but cancelled it when the markets enigmatic response became apparant.

I might as well update now....Well I went long at roughly 10260....then roughly again at 10230 and I was thinking s***, but I told myself until that 15min candle doesn't turn to the next 15min candle I’m not closing my positions. Then it dipped more but started to come back into play. I went to go long again at around 10240 and in the rush of the moment I ended up closing my two previous longs and then I though f*** its going to run up without me. But I quickly opened up the window bought back my original positions and then bought another positions at around 10260.....I'm getting confused myself as I'm typing the scenario but bear with me I'll have a look at the statement later and then I'll workout what I've done......

The situation basically is I'm long at an average price of around 10250....I think.... :devilish:

Joules MM1 said:
ss SPX at 1155

ss is your shorthand for set short right ?

I don't think that the Fed announcement will change anything - this market is still on a downward track.

kriesau said:
ss is your shorthand for set short right ?

I don't think that the Fed announcement will change anything - this market is still on a downward track.

I meant Stop Short ! :)

mmm 270 held earlier ....then some daft spiking to get interest up ....now for the larger move ?

User ...u can do the 50 m8 ....just takes a little logic !!! :LOL:

I don't know why and how but Tom Hougard believes we're heading to all time highs........ :eek:

As expected 10,000 gave the market some solid support. Well if we close out of the range to the upside which seems likely, looking at the current session then I must say......

What next....

Maybe10365-400. One touch and fail and fall back down?.....Maybe job figure might trigger the downside?

Well the session isn't over yet so anything could happen.....wait and see...

We went higher then 10300 now we're popping back down.

What next....

One Hour left.....direction still undecided

Well. there's the mischief as mentioned in my previous posts today, numbers 2951 and 2954. The next move is likely to be just as dramatic, but I always keep my promises and I promised Chartman not to predict, so I am sorry I must not tell you, but I am sure what is about to unfold is perfectly obvious to you all too.

Kind Regards.

Some key words from the Fed

today raise rate
robust underlying growth in productivity
spending growth has slowed
increases in energy prices
Labor market conditions improve gradually
Pressures on inflation picked up
pricing power more evident.

FetteredChinos said:
not sure. but im not going short til we hit 10,300.

staying out til the path becomes clear.

i would prefer a move up to 10,300 before hitting 10,100. but these weeks can all go tong.

i presume an interest rise is taken for granted..

wonder if it will be .25 or 0.5

hmm

:eek: :eek: :eek:

SOCRATES said:
A bit late, isn't he, eh ?

he posted that this morning - WELL before the action.
If he isnt about, no doubt he would have left some sell-order.
How does he pick the tops and bottoms??