Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

SOCRATES said:
Well. there's the mischief as mentioned in my previous posts today, numbers 2951 and 2954. The next move is likely to be just as dramatic, but I always keep my promises and I promised Chartman not to predict, so I am sorry I must not tell you, but I am sure what is about to unfold is perfectly obvious to you all too.

Kind Regards.

I very much doubt it is 'obvious' to anybody including most of the professionals who make a living out of forecasting. Peoples interpretation vary - I believe that it's still going to head down in the future - but when and where - if I KNEW that I'd be a millionaire.

I don't think that enigmatic statements like that add anything to the debate. If you have a view why not express it. If not then why make the cryptic comment in the first place.

Right can I just say something......Bloody Hell!

Thank you....

The Dow just rallied around 60 points of the low in the last 4 minutes of trading because the FED left a few words out.......This whole days been a joke...

I learned over 5 years ago, to never trade a Fed interest rate announcement. Better to be a spectator. There will be another game tomorrow.

I learned over 5 years ago, to never trade a Fed interest rate announcement. Better to be a spectator. There will be another game tomorrow.

I might take that on board.....

But after all that S*** I gained on the day.....

What a session......

user said:
I might take that on board.....

But after all that S*** I gained on the day.....

What a session......

Go and have a drink.

I really wonder how you can 'omit' such a crucial statement. It is enough to make you think GS bunged someone.

macbonzo said:
Fed omits crucial "inflation remains well contained" Woof 50 point move.
What? And that is so different from?

'With underlying inflation expected to be contained'

Oh, they have fantastic savings rate, no debt... everything is absolutely fantastic cos they got a few words slightly wrong.. that's alright then...
Better mortgage even more houses and third homes to buy more shares, after all oil is freely available, commodities are at a record low, the dollar is superb

Last edited:
kriesau said:
I very much doubt it is 'obvious' to anybody including most of the professionals who make a living out of forecasting. Peoples interpretation vary - I believe that it's still going to head down in the future - but when and where - if I KNEW that I'd be a millionaire.

I don't think that enigmatic statements like that add anything to the debate. If you have a view why not express it. If not then why make the cryptic comment in the first place.
They are not enigmatic, they are perfectly clear to anyone who can read the market accurately, but I made a promise to Chartman, and when I make a promise, I keep it, sorry ~ no more predictions in public.It only leads to abuse and insults and accusations and other nonsense.

trendie said:
he posted that this morning - WELL before the action.
If he isnt about, no doubt he would have left some sell-order.
How does he pick the tops and bottoms??
He subscribes to the jungle telegraph, I expect.

R u Ok?

Shocking stuff......

Liverpool are in the FINAL!.......

Yes Chelsea out......I'm a Man utd fan and I'm so happy.....

Now Come on AC Milan......

Racer said:
What? And that is so different from?

'With underlying inflation expected to be contained'

Oh, they have fantastic savings rate, no debt... everything is absolutely fantastic cos they got a few words slightly wrong.. that's alright then...
Better mortgage even more houses and third homes to buy more shares, after all oil is freely available, commodities are at a record low, the dollar is superb

The initial statement clearly suggested that the Fed had raised concerns about the inflationary outlook.

The omitted sentence, "Longer term inflation expectations remain well contained" made a great deal of difference when added to the statement. Why do you think that the Dow moved 52 points in 4 minutes?

The wording in the statement is absolutely crucial. I cannot believe that the statement was omitted.

macbonzo said:
The initial statement clearly suggested that the Fed had raised concerns about the inflationary outlook.

The omitted sentence, "Longer term inflation expectations remain well contained" made a great deal of difference when added to the statement. Why do you think that the Dow moved 52 points in 4 minutes?

The wording in the statement is absolutely crucial. I cannot believe that the statement was omitted.

I still don't think such a dramatic reaction was warranted to such a change after all there are several other comments that are still there...

"today raise rate
robust underlying growth in productivity
spending growth has slowed
increases in energy prices
Labor market conditions improve gradually
Pressures on inflation picked up
pricing power more evident."

and they haven't finished raising rates have they!

Racer said:
I still don't think such a dramatic reaction was warranted to such a change after all there are several other comments that are still there...

May have been left out deliberately .......( plunge prevention team games perhaps)....once the
market decided to fall......out comes the add on ......and whoosh ...up it goes :confused:

Either that or they have found Elvis !! :LOL:

counter_violent said:
May have been left out deliberately .......( plunge prevention team games perhaps)....once the market decided to fall......out comes the add on ......and whoosh ...up it goes :confused:

You are as cynical as I am! LOL

counter_violent said:
May have been left out deliberately .......( plunge prevention team games perhaps)....once the
market decided to fall......out comes the add on ......and whoosh ...up it goes :confused:

Either that or they have found Elvis !! :LOL:

I think they are terrified of it going below 10K and are doing everything they can to keep it up... yes I am cynical but looking at all the deck of cards that is the US then I am not surprised they are scared.. it is like the fable of the emperors clothes!