What will HowardCohodas's month on month return be for March?

Howard's March Month on Month Return

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you a negative realist? Don't let it spin out of control.
I don't think so. However I may not be the right judge.

From my engineering background, I've had the habit of doing an "after action" report on a project whether the outcome was positive or negative. If one is aware at all, there are always things that could be done to improve the outcome with hindsight. I do this analysis on my trading results, both positive and negative. I did not stop trading when I suffered the loss. I simply incorporated the lesson learned at significant cost. I try to use terms that allow little room for rationalization so that the lesson sinks in. When I critique others, I am generally more considerate in my words. That is because they will be harder on themselves than I am on them. It's a balance that is difficult to achieve.

I don't think so. However I may not be the right judge.

From my engineering background, I've had the habit of doing an "after action" report on a project whether the outcome was positive or negative. If one is aware at all, there are always things that could be done to improve the outcome with hindsight. I do this analysis on my trading results, both positive and negative. I did not stop trading when I suffered the loss. I simply incorporated the lesson learned at significant cost. I try to use terms that allow little room for rationalization so that the lesson sinks in. When I critique others, I am generally more considerate in my words. That is because they will be harder on themselves than I am on them. It's a balance that is difficult to achieve.

Have you ever considered that engineering and the markets may not be compatible?

Whats your % gain since the start to march? As in 100k starting capital. 170k end of march 70% return.
End of March return since opening account Aug 2, 2010 is 67.4%. This, of course, includes the effects of compounding. No cash was added or removed from the account since opening.

End of March return since opening account Aug 2, 2010 is 67.4%. This, of course, includes the effects of compounding. No cash was added or removed from the account since opening.

I worked out 67.2% looking at the chart. Not bad i think. Your monthly return is 6.6-6.7%. for 8 months, i think that;s right. You know you were up 112%+ at the end of february.

Howard, I gots to ask... Do you really feel that yet another thread is necessary?

Yes its definately necessary, by putting it in the journal section he gets to control who gets to posts in it, and to silence his critics. Its yet another attempt to abuse T2W's nievity.

But credit where its due, it was a great idea. :LOL:

Howard, I gots to ask... Do you really feel that yet another thread is necessary?
I opened the original thread as open. Initially I enjoyed the give and take and I learned a lot and I made changes based on what I learned. It became an unhappy place. I reacted poorly and that encouraged continued posts that tested and sometimes exceeded the moderators tolerance.

I opened the reprise thread as a closed thread, but apparently set it up improperly. For reasons that are unclear, the administrators could not make it restricted so I opened the "humble pie" version.

The intent is not to keep it without commentary, but to restrict those who can post to those willing to keep it lulz free. I will also add useful commentary, whether or not it is in support of the strategy. It should be a learning experience for myself and for readers who are not experts.

I doubt that a restricted thread will deter anyone from making comments elsewhere. Respectful questions and comments will be answered.

lolsb.png

Anyway, how about a free concealed carry lesson.
I teach three modules which are designed to supplement the basic requirements for most states to obtained a concealed carry permit. The UK is no longer firearm friendly, but perhaps you may have some academic interest in one of them.
  1. Traveling with Firearms, US Rules - Legal requirements for traveling with a firearm by road or by air with an emphasis on techniques for preventing their use in case of theft.
  2. Distance Independent Dry Fire Target Practice - Maintain Shooting skills when not at the range.
  3. Post Incident Preparation - Preparing for the legal, physical and psychological consequences of taking a life in self defense. Based on work done in the UK and the US in support of law enforcement.
If I go through with my plans to teach these modules via webinar, I would gladly grant you a 100% discount to any or all of them.

I teach three modules which are designed to supplement the basic requirements for most states to obtained a concealed carry permit. The UK is no longer firearm friendly, but perhaps you may have some academic interest in one of them.
  1. Traveling with Firearms, US Rules - Legal requirements for traveling with a firearm by road or by air with an emphasis on techniques for preventing their use in case of theft.
  2. Distance Independent Dry Fire Target Practice - Maintain Shooting skills when not at the range.
  3. Post Incident Preparation - Preparing for the legal, physical and psychological consequences of taking a life in self defense. Based on work done in the UK and the US in support of law enforcement.
If I go through with my plans to teach these modules via webinar, I would gladly grant you a 100% discount to any or all of them.
Sorry, Howard, but I gots to ask again... That last "module" is pretty heavy stuff. Are you qualified to teach that? Do you have a degree in psychology? Also have you taken many lives in self-defense yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.