What will HowardCohodas's month on month return be for March?

Howard's March Month on Month Return

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do believe, incidentally, Howard, that this makes my guess the closest!

Prize please :)

Still averaging at abt 8% pm though eh?

Do you at least know how/why this happened?

Simply put, I ran out of cash to buy back all the spreads that exceeded 20% loss on capital at risk.

I was too slow to increase my cash reserves as many here advised me to do. I could have moved cash from another account but chose not to. I wanted this account to reflect the experiences, both success and trader folly. Being a purist sometimes costs money, but the lesson gets cemented more firmly.

The graph represents this account in isolation. So the month on month return of -21.1% means that this account balance at the end of March was 21.1% below the amount it was at, at the end of Feb.

I do believe, incidentally, Howard, that this makes my guess the closest!

Prize please :)

Hmmm. I would think the guess of -25% (marcusant) would be closer than yours which was -15%. However you deserve some credit for having more faith in my abilities than was justified by the results. What to do? What to do? :D

doing what?
I have a website devoted to my self defense, personal responsibility stuff that I teach occasionally. I have links there for products that I use myself. Should someone buy from Amazon as a consequence of clicking through the website, I get a small fee.

Yeh, you've been trying to get around this problem with options. You seem to be doing ok up to now.

Market direction....it's a real bummer (for you).
The strategy seems to have performed as expected. The trader (me) failed. I made things worse by not moving quickly enough to enough cash to buy back all spreads expiring at the same time. A truly humbling experience.

The strategy seems to have performed as expected. The trader (me) failed. I made things worse by not moving quickly enough to enough cash to buy back all spreads expiring at the same time. A truly humbling experience.

As long as you are in control of losses....wots the problem? Don't be hard on yourself. You've done good.

Status
Not open for further replies.