Watch HowardCohodas Trade Index Options Credit Spreads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Presumably, at this point someone will have to point out that he is not Jesus. That in fact he is a very naughty boy.

I dont think they call him jesus in isreal...

... they probably call him the same thing they call everything else - an excuse.

wait wait wait wait wait

so howard wont accept he wrong, makes arguments against people when he cant thing of a reasonable one, ignores questions he doesnt know how to answer, ignores people who understand more than him telling him hes misunderstood, and makes simple mistakes when hes under the cosh.

Oh, and hes also allowed to carry a gun

:eek:
Are you saying he's a Republican?

Oh, and hes also allowed to carry a gun

Slightly off topic, but I hate this country's pathetic attitude to firearms. We should ALL be allowed to carry ****ing guns. Indeed, the right to bear arms, like all the good bits in the US constitution, is an English concept.

How REVOLTING that one will get 5 years MINIMUM (and minimum sentences disgust me too) for having in one's possession a decent pistol, pointless technicalities aside.

And I say that as someone with no interest in them whatsoever (although I may have a shotgun licence)

on his facebook i think i saw sarah palin so that makes him tea party i reckon.

or a monster raving loon :)

To be fair to Sarah Palin, you'd bang her though, surely.

2818816914_25e75fcb0b.jpg

She's pretty hot by politician standards. Compare Palin to (for example):

The Clinton Beast:

hillary_clinton_insane.jpg

Lady Smith of W@nkfilms:

_45645558_smith512.jpg

Harperson The Unspeakable:

harrietMOS0909_468x553.jpg

Yep, any way you want it, Palin is a gubernatorial fox:

sexy-naughty-cleavage-sarah-palin.jpg

There was a spoof movie, probably not Leslie Nielson, I'm thinking Charlie Sheen? Kept putting his revolver in his waitsband at the back and shot himself inthe ass every time? What was that movie?

Are you sure that was a real movie? When I google "shoot in the a$$ every time" I'm getting some very disturbing results.

Thank you for the explanation.

I have made exactly the same point, but in different terms. I pointed out that changes in volatility were the most vulnerable part of the strategy, especially increases in volatility. I have risk management elements to address it, but it is still my most vulnerable area. I am, in fact, working on a new idea to mitigate the risk of rapid market declines, but it is not yet ready for prime time.

Thank you again for taking the time to explain it in terms that I could understand.

errr... sorry but no.

the elephant in the room (well, one) is that from this strategy you are ALWAYS exposed short to implied probability.

So if you are exposed to it its deffo best to have a view on it. either directionally (like parrallel shifts in the smile) or the IV of the two strikes you are trading are either too close or too far apart (skew).

neither of which you do. Like i think someone said earlier, each individual leg is at the right price, the market sees to it. what ALL trading is about is comparing one bit of information to another and saying if they are in line or out of line.

as well, your strat is also short gamma. this means that as spot gets closer and closer to your short strikes your pnl and greeks and everything are going to go more and more haywire....

you should prepare for this by next time you are in a bad mood in here turn the speed of your treadmill up to 12mph and continue to argue.. or even type the socratic method
:clap:

Slightly off topic, but I hate this country's pathetic attitude to firearms. We should ALL be allowed to carry ****ing guns. Indeed, the right to bear arms, like all the good bits in the US constitution, is an English concept.

How REVOLTING that one will get 5 years MINIMUM (and minimum sentences disgust me too) for having in one's possession a decent pistol, pointless technicalities aside.

And I say that as someone with no interest in them whatsoever (although I may have a shotgun licence)

mmmm

some people with guns shoot each other for stupid reasons. Or people with guns shoot people without guns for stupid reasons. This thread clearly shows you cant get rid of stupid reasons, so get rid of the guns (y)

on the same coin, it is crazy for me that you need a liscence for a gun but any stupid bugger can have a baby.

if there was licensces for baby making then everyone could have a gun. and wed probably all have a better quality of life as well.

mmmm

some people with guns shoot each other for stupid reasons. Or people with guns shoot people without guns for stupid reasons. This thread clearly shows you cant get rid of stupid reasons, so get rid of the guns (y)

on the same coin, it is crazy for me that you need a liscence for a gun but any stupid bugger can have a baby.

if there was licensces for baby making then everyone could have a gun. and wed probably all have a better quality of life as well.

SO WHAT!?!??!!!!?!??!

If you want to get rid of guns, e.g. by buying em up to burn, I don't care. If you want to throw me in gaol just because I have a gun that's a totally different. Liberty or death, cocksucker.

And for me this is still hypothetical, again I have no interest in guns whatsoever. But if this country became a ****load more violent for some reason, I'd want a ****ing gun. And it would be horrific for you to decide I should risk my life - or my likely, it wouldn't be me as I could get away.... it would be the most vulnerable in society risking their lives in fact - just so as to stop guns being so accessible.

Yanks have so much wrong.... New Deal through to Militay Industrial Complex through to War on Poverty through to War on Drugs through to New World Order they've ****ed up so much... but on this issue they're right on the money

Are you sure that was a real movie? When I google "shoot in the a$$ every time" I'm getting some very disturbing results.
I may have hallucinated it.

I'm a little unsure of everything right now after that Palin bikini pic.

I, I need to go away for a while. Back soon...

SO WHAT!?!??!!!!?!??!

If you want to get rid of guns, e.g. by buying em up to burn, I don't care. If you want to throw me in gaol just because I have a gun that's a totally different. Liberty or death, cocksucker.

well if you think that then if you have a gun then i want a gun.

or we could both just not have guns.

or we could both have guns and shoot all the stupid chavs having more and more babies and then in a generation or 2 give the guns back.

well if you think that then if you have a gun then i want a gun.

or we could both just not have guns.

or we could both have guns and shoot all the stupid chavs having more and more babies and then in a generation or 2 give the guns back.

I don't give a flying ****

You're not thinking this throuhg.

If I want a ****ing gun, what are my options?

a) Not get one. But I WANT A GUN
b1) Get one, get arrested, GO TO GAOL
b2) Get one, SHOOT ALL THE POLICE, BE SURROUNDED, GO TO GAOL FOR LIFE
b2) Get one, GET INVOLVED IN FIREFIGHT, DIE

None of those four options are acceptable to me. HOW DARE YOU tell me what I can or cannot do? What on EARTH makes you think you know better than me what I should be doing?

b1) Get one, get arrested, GO TO GAOL
b2) Get one, SHOOT ALL THE POLICE, BE SURROUNDED, GO TO GAOL FOR LIFE
b2) Get one, GET INVOLVED IN FIREFIGHT, DIE

None of those four options are acceptable to me. HOW DARE YOU tell me what I can or cannot do? What on EARTH makes you think you know better than me what I should be doing?
Actually, most of these options seem to carry nothing buit upside for the rest of us.

Are there any experts on options on this thread that can confirm?

Nah, thought not.

Status
Not open for further replies.