Watch HowardCohodas Trade Index Options Credit Spreads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Targets don't shoot back. It's a bit like the difference between demo and live trading.

I'm a pretty good shot as well, if I do say so myself. :)

Another PZ model data point. PZ model working well. ;)

Did I say target shooting was my only shooting skill? Did I say I never exchanged gunfire with somone? Did I say... Oh, never mind.

Speaking about shooting, anyone ****ed off they didn't take a 22 pellet off ashley cole? I've been shot with one before and it's essentially it's a nuisance*; I would have welcomed an opportunity to monetize that into £100k+ which the so-called "victim" of said incident could have done had he any sense.

Don't call an ambulance... call max clifford!

*Certainly far less scary than the time someone threw a grenade at me while I was having a ****

After 193 pages we have established that

a) Howard is very stubborn. That's ok, sometimes it pays to stick to your guns
b) His method of measuring returns is unconventional - this would be ok if we knew what max drawdown over the last five years on a backtest was (measured in precisely the same unconventional way), but HC won't reveal this so we don't, thus the whole % thing is a bit meaningless without any context or reference to a blow-up scenario
c) He's made money so far - hey, every investor loves this! Selling low delta outcomes will always generate rock steady returns month after month.. this didn't stop the founders of LTCM making a personal fortune --- in fact, several of them subsequently went on to open funds despite their failings being well documented. Remember, the best edge is in being able to convince someone else that you have an edge.

I just skimmed through the last 20 pages.. this thread is an utter waste of time. On one side is HC, resolute in the face of criticism (fairly stoically, I might say), on the other a collection of individuals who take it in turns to point out how the strategy will inevitably fail. NO-ONE is ever going to change his point of view, and to be frank, if the concern is that HC is about to dupe newbies and filch their money... well I am sure there are thousands of other vendors out there looking to do the same thing.

I say let him get on with it. For all we know he has five successful years and retires - it could happen. And don't get pious that he doesn't know what he's doing, because even the most informed decisions sometimes come unstuck.

As they say, better to be lucky than good.

Another PZ model data point. PZ model working well. ;)

Did I say target shooting was my only shooting skill? Did I say I never exchanged gunfire with somone? Did I say... Oh, never mind.

LOL Howie, I've tried being nice to you recently, but you really are such an incorrigible t0sser there is no point.

Using the same argument as you just have:

Did I say that target shooting was your only skill? No. So why get cross that I did?

Did I say that you had never exchanged gunfire with somone [sic]? No. So why get cross that I did?

Did I say...? No. Oh, never mind.

You chose to interpret what I wrote as an attack on you, as me saying that all you can do is shoot, and that you have never had a situation where someone has shot at you. It could just as well be meant in a "As we both know" context. Or it could be simply a straight statement of fact, with no particular meaning for any individual.

How many times do I have to tell you Howie? Respond to what I write, not what you think, hope or fear that I write. That way you will look marginally less stupid.

Cretin.

Meh... I still think Howard could change his mind; furthermore I think that he may conceivably come up with some genuine insights... I just think he needs to get some more pracitcal knowledge, and in fact my suggested prescription would probably be to start making a market in outright options according to his own model and hedging them himself....

Mind you, I'm a bit worried with his trip to Israel he may BELIEVE in Judaism, rather than like most of the Jews I know more or less seeing it as a cultural identity... that may mean a problem in logical though.

I am a concealed carry weapons instructor.

What exactly does this instruction involve? Advising people wear ponchos because it's easy to conceal weapons underneath them? Instructing people on how they can fit a howitzer in their thong? Please, enlighten us all as you love brining it up.

I do not see how you could come to that conclusion from what I said. The best you can conclude is that my strategy is based on the thesis that spreads (not necessarily both legs) are overpriced with respect to a particular strategy. For a different strategy, the legs (not necessarily the spread) may be fairly priced or underpriced. My only contribution to the entry element of my strategy is the method of estimating the probability I will have to close the spread rather than let it expire. My more significant contributions are my management methods.

This "concept" of the options market may not be your understanding, but it seems to work for me.
Right, Howard, let me be serious for a minute here... Since you're either being intentionally obtuse or you're really not getting it, let me be extremely clear.

A mkt price for an instrument at any given time is the unconditional "fair mkt value" (FMV) for this instrument. At every point in time, there's only one FMV. When you, as a rational economic agent, enter the mkt and buy or sell this instrument, you do so for only one possible reason (unless you're a mkt-maker), namely, because you disagree with the FMV of this instrument. It doesn't matter whether you arrived at this conclusion by voodoo, technical analysis or nilpotent self-normalizing Lie algebra. It also doesn't matter what sort of instrument this is (as long as it's reasonably liquid), so this logic applies to options, spreads, flies, condors, starfishes, seagulls, etc.

You, Howard, systematically sell index option spreads. This means, according to the above, that you systematically disagree with the FMV of these spreads. This is equivalent to stating that you believe that the mkt systematically misprices them.

Right, Howard, let me be serious for a minute here... Since you're either being intentionally obtuse or you're really not getting it, let me be extremely clear.

A mkt price for an instrument at any given time is the unconditional "fair mkt value" (FMV) for this instrument. At every point in time, there's only one FMV. When you, as a rational economic agent, enter the mkt and buy or sell this instrument, you do so for only one possible reason (unless you're a mkt-maker), namely, because you disagree with the FMV of this instrument. It doesn't matter whether you arrived at this conclusion by voodoo, technical analysis or nilpotent self-normalizing Lie algebra. It also doesn't matter what sort of instrument this is (as long as it's reasonably liquid), so this logic applies to options, spreads, flies, condors, starfishes, seagulls, etc.

You, Howard, systematically sell index option spreads. This means, according to the above, that you systematically disagree with the FMV of these spreads. This is equivalent to stating that you believe that the mkt systematically misprices them.

(y)

Howard, when did you become a concealed carry instructor? You only recently got your licence for concealed carry yourself.

Are you forgetting that handsome young officer Bramble on your Concealed Carry photo id session?

What exactly does this instruction involve? Advising people wear ponchos because it's easy to conceal weapons underneath them? Instructing people on how they can fit a howitzer in their thong? Please, enlighten us all as you love brining it up.

It's probably a 3-day residential course on how not to blow your own plums off.

Next up: wannabe travel agent Howie Codpiece teaches students how to be a travel agent.

It's probably a 3-day residential course on how not to blow your own plums off.

Next up: wannabe travel agent Howie Codpiece teaches students how to be a travel agent.
I thought a rep of your post would cause some to suspect I was being unkind to Howard.

I just found that really funny.

There was a spoof movie, probably not Leslie Nielson, I'm thinking Charlie Sheen? Kept putting his revolver in his waitsband at the back and shot himself inthe ass every time? What was that movie?

wait wait wait wait wait

so howard wont accept he wrong, makes arguments against people when he cant thing of a reasonable one, ignores questions he doesnt know how to answer, ignores people who understand more than him telling him hes misunderstood, and makes simple mistakes when hes under the cosh.

Oh, and hes also allowed to carry a gun

:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.