Watch HowardCohodas Trade Index Options Credit Spreads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reminds him of when he was a boy, and his mom would bake apple pie and make home made soda?

Sorry, what is home made soda? Is that like adding concentrate to carbonated water? Eugh.

Howard, does it not worry you that a bank/hedge fund trader could read this thread, and seeing a way to make a (more or less) risk-free 10% a month, start aggressively and systemattically selling verticals? This could have the result of moving their prices to fair value, at which point selling them would no longer be an edge.

No it doesn't. One reason is that many options experts here think I'm nuts. :sneaky:

Reminds him of when he was a boy, and his mom would bake apple pie and make home made soda?

Sorry, what is home made soda? Is that like adding concentrate to carbonated water? Eugh.

Did you never have one of these?

SODA-STREAM.jpg

They make rubbish pop.

Just remember:

haters-gonna-hate1.jpg

Don't listen to them haters Howie, you keep doin' your thang. What do they know about it anyhow? You tell them, "Hate the game, don't hate tha playa".

Pretty close. I did like soda that came in the refillable bottles with the spritzer top. One of the favorite things we would use to flavor it was home made preserves. Not only did the soda taste good, but the stuff left at the bottom that you could eat with a spoon was a treat as well. Used to do the same thing with hot tea which we always made in a water glass.

I got a Soda Stream machine for the holidays. I no longer buy commercial soda. I drink it plain, mixed with some of their premade flavor syrups or experiment with my own flavorings ala preserves.

Soda Stream, that was it. What a load of ****ing sh1te they were, I was embarrassed to admit we had one.

As we all know, very little embarrasses me. :-0

I believe it's been available in your neck of the woods for a couple of years. It was heavily promoted this holiday season over here and a loved one who knew my fondness for the seltzer bottle bought it for me. I'm still having fun experimenting with it. Different levels of carbonation, different flavorings, etc.

Why do you not like the results from Soda Stream?

As we all know, very little embarrasses me. :-0

I believe it's been available in your neck of the woods for a couple of years. It was heavily promoted this holiday season over here and a loved one who knew my fondness for the seltzer bottle bought it for me. I'm still having fun experimenting with it. Different levels of carbonation, different flavorings, etc.

I think it was quite big over here in the late 70s / early 80s, although I'm too young to remember. We didn't have one when I was young, neither did my then girlfriend, but she bought one when we first moved in together. I think it's been through several re-launches.

Why do you not like the results from Soda Stream?

Because the results are f***ing repulsive.

Here you go, plenty of rank syrups to keep you going:

* Regular
* Cola
* Cherry Cola (US)
* Cranberry-Raspberry
* Orange
* Lemon-Lime (Similar to Sprite)
* Cream Soda
* Irn-Bru (UK)
* Pete's Choice (Similar to Dr Pepper)
* Tonic
* Fountain Mist (Similar to Mountain Dew)
* Root Beer
* Energy (Similar to Red Bull)
* Ginger Ale
* Papaya-Lime
* Yuzu-Mandarin
* Coconut-Pineapple-Pomegranate
* Dragonfruit-Apple
* Apple
* Orange-Grapefruit Sport
* Grape
* Orange Mango
* Lemon Iced Tea
* Road Kill
* Lemonade
* Passionfruit
* Pear
* Blood
* Lime
* Vegetable Juice
* "Speedway", lemon-lime (Denmark)
* Boots offered a range of novelty flavours in garish colours such as "Witches' Brew" (UK only)
* Must (Similar to Julmust) Sweden only around Christmas season

Diet

* Diet Cola
* Cola Zero (Similar to Coca-Cola Zero)
* Diet Cranberry-Raspberry
* Diet Cream Soda
* Diet Fountain Mist (Similar to Diet Mountain Dew)
* Diet Ginger Ale
* Diet Orange
* Diet Lemon-Lime (Similar to Diet Sprite)
* Diet Pete's Choice (Similar to Diet Dr Pepper)
* Diet Fat Girl
* Diet Root Beer
* Diet Energy (Similar to Sugar Free Red Bull)
* Diet Pink Grapefruit (Similar to Fresca)

My Water

* Berry
* Orange
* Lemon-Lime

Personally, I stick to ice cold water and the occasional glass of Ribena which recently hit Thailand following a wave of Twiglets & Curly Wurleys.

I used to drink Pocari Sweat when in Japan, it's strangely pleasant. I can't really see it taking off here, though.. it's a little too Japanese (i.e. bizarre name, bizarre taste).

yeah - on a humid September morn, a bottle of Pocari Sweat or Vitamin water certainly eases the walk from the JR station to the office...

I'm unclear here. Doesn't the statistic I cited of average yield and probability of success tell you what you need to know?

No, no It doesn't.

Somewhat older, but still work while walking on the treadmill for 6+ hours a day.

This is likely to cost me a new keyboard if I don't stop sipping home made soda while reading your posts. :-0

Howard, does it not worry you that a bank/hedge fund trader could read this thread, and seeing a way to make a (more or less) risk-free 10% a month, start aggressively and systemattically selling verticals? This could have the result of moving their prices to fair value, at which point selling them would no longer be an edge.
No it doesn't. One reason is that many options experts here think I'm nuts. :sneaky:

lmfao. Jesus Lives!

I respect engineers in their fields. But if you're porting into finance and doing anything other than arbitrage / systems or black box 5hit, you're a dope. For well capitalised discretionary traders economics still wins.

out

I respect engineers in their fields. But if you're porting into finance and doing anything other than arbitrage / systems or black box 5hit, you're a dope. For well capitalised discretionary traders economics still wins.

out

I'm wondering if you know much about what my methods are about.

I'm wondering if you know much about what my methods are about.

Mate, all i know is that you are getting you're money from being short gamma, short vol and your delta is not likely to be 0 if you aren't taking positions in the underlying. So i think having a short term view on the market is necessary to manage the trade, rather than present it as a systematic package that anyone can roll out at any time.

Mate, all i know is that you are getting you're money from being short gamma, short vol and your delta is not likely to be 0 if you aren't taking positions in the underlying. So i think having a short term view on the market is necessary to manage the trade, rather than present it as a systematic package that anyone can roll out at any time.

I no longer wonder if you understand my methods. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

When he sells a put spread, his delta is small long the underlying. Selling a call spread gives a small short delta.

However, it's not the delta at inception that really matters, it's the delta for a large move in spot.. for the short put spread, the delta grows increasingly long as the market goes down (or short gamma, in other words).

The strategy is ALWAYS short gamma (by definition), and therefore relies in some part on systematic overvaluation of wing options.

When he sells a put spread, his delta is small long the underlying. Selling a call spread gives a small short delta.

However, it's not the delta at inception that really matters, it's the delta for a large move in spot.. for the short put spread, the delta grows increasingly long as the market goes down (or short gamma, in other words).

The strategy is ALWAYS short gamma (by definition), and therefore relies in some part on systematic overvaluation of wing options.

yeah i understand the small delta will be the least of worries, but i'm saying that one would have to take a market view for:

1. Putting on the spreads separately
2. Deciding where to sell those spreads, which has to do with the 'probability of touching' metric (i think).

When i said systematic, i meant the way in which this method was deployed: see this>do this(based on this)>. Not valuations vs. model.
cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.