Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
eurgbp.in a new support zone now
short those rallies...that is what it looks lik,so far

Attachments

• eurgbpsupp.jpg
    eurgbpsupp.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 157
I believe i can fly(appreciate) , i believe I can touch the sky(hit resistance) ............haha, cheese on toast can make you go a bit loopy!!

Barclays trading above 200 ...........phoaw!!

it was at 50p just a couple of months ago when i told all my friends to buy it and add it to their retirment package............at 26 yrs of age i certainly did!!

I believe barclays will go to £6.00 in the next 2-3 yrs

Well done WS, wish I'd got in on Barclays!! What size contract (and how many) do you generally trade?

average of 1000 contracts = £10 per point in spread betting terms but if i have a winning position I tend to average up to 3000 contracts or if we have a break out like we did this morning i bought at 190 and sold at 200........

WS - the Barclays gap warrants caution perhaps...?

By the way, I guess you can comfortably make a living by trading that kind of contract size. Don't you find that if you only buy 190/200 contracts the instument has to move too much in order to simply break even, due to commission/spread?

In volatile markets I find it difficult to determine a good stop loss/profit target when trading the FTSE 100 index. Do you have a very tight stop or do you let the stop relax slightly? If you have have a larger stop then the risk/reward ratio is reduced greatly and therefore you need to be right many more times than wrong. Anyway, I thought a stop of around 25/30 points for the FTSE was about right.

WS - the Barclays gap warrants caution perhaps...?

By the way, I guess you can comfortably make a living by trading that kind of contract size. Don't you find that if you only buy 190/200 contracts the instument has to move too much in order to simply break even, due to commission/spread?

yes my friend that is correct

but you can trade on spread betting platforms and it makes it cheaper for you by taking out £3 per point and pay no commission

yes my friend that is correct

but you can trade on spread betting platforms and it makes it cheaper for you by taking out £3 per point and pay no commission

Hi Bennie83/WS1928,

I have been following WS's thread and I think when he said

WS1928
----------
average of 1000 contracts = £10 per point in spread betting terms but if i have a winning position I tend to average up to 3000 contracts or if we have a break out like we did this morning i bought at 190 and sold at 200........
-----------

when he referred to 190/200, he meant the price of barclays and not the contract size or the SB £ per point(WS correct me if wrong).

Bennie83
------
----

Sorry, just wanted to clear what I thought was Bennie83's misunderstanding, please carry on with the excellent thread, ignoring my interruption!

Regards

when he referred to 190/200, he meant the price of barclays and not the contract size or the SB £ per point(WS correct me if wrong).

Sorry, just wanted to clear what I thought was Bennie83's misunderstanding, please carry on with the excellent thread, ignoring my interruption!

Regards[/QUOTE]

Super Drive, you are quite right. Thanks for pointing that out, it seems clear now! Also, it is true to say that unless you are taking large positions it is more cost efficient to place stock trades through a spread betting firm.

wonder if ftse'll break 4040...looks like 4103 is the key figure, this would break the huge down trend resistance line.

Status
Not open for further replies.