Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Short again at 3930 - sl 3960... might be wrong move though. target 3915

edit - short at 3933

edit - short at 3933

Seems to me going higher will depend on the US. If the US makes a new high above 825.1, then I'm probably in the sh*t

bought at 3927

i'm back...looks like its playing out nicely..i'm going to hold this until the parab sar stops me...it is currently above my break even level by a bit so i'll make something at least even if this market decides to tumble!

FOMC minutes in 15 minutes. Anything could happen then.

Watching SPY at the moment. It's trapped between the 20MA and the 5 day MA on the 5 minute chart but nicely above VWAP. It's set up for quick move either way at the top of the hour.

edit - short at 3933

Closed for - 6, as it seems I might be playing a dangerous game, whilst waiting for news.

Thanks for heads up on the news RennieAMR

That was fun. 100 points down and 100 back up on the SPX. I managed to capture 70 of them. :)

It's always worth keeping an eye on the economic calender. It's a trader's market!

well done chaps

some good trading there

815 bounce on the S&P was just too tempting .............haha

That was fun. 100 points down and 100 back up on the SPX. I managed to capture 70 of them. :)

It's always worth keeping an eye on the economic calender. It's a trader's market!

Yes, quite right on the calender front - somehow that often slips my mind.

Well done on the 70 points, damn fine!

Updated 10 min chart attached. Seems all my shorts were pull backs after all, still, for a choppy market that was a reasonable day for me. I think I'm making good progress with drawing my TA lines too, they are all in the right place at least :) And fib projection was almost hit too. Going with the trend would have been an easier ride though... I'll accept that one day!

Well done to WS on the Barclays play btw, very nice!

edit - obviously a few lines where added since this morning, but the major lines remained unchanged.

Attachments

• FT_10min.jpg
    FT_10min.jpg
    299.4 KB · Views: 99
Yes, quite right on the calender front - somehow that often slips my mind.

Well done on the 70 points, damn fine!

It was a nice percentage of the move to pick up with minimal risk alright - for me anyway. I'm getting nice results trading SPX using VWAP off a SPY chart while keeping an eye on the Fibs and MAs on the SPX. The FTSE just seems a bit flat at the moment.

That's one busy chart, BTW.

FTSE analysis 9th April 2009

1 month, 1 hr chart

light blue lines- down trend seems to be broken

bias is on the upside as currently trading above 20 MA

next target is 3960 then 50 MA @ the dreaded 4000 figure

1 week , 10 min chart

this is what I always use to project the next days play even though 1 month paints a birds eye view

scenario 1 - wait(beware of fake break out and be patient) for light blue channel to be broken above 3940 and then go long upto 3960 and trail stop loss up to 3990

scenario 2 - if 3890 broken then i will go short up to 3860 ...........

Attachments

• 9th 00.56.png
    9th 00.56.png
    23.3 KB · Views: 103
  • 9th 01.07.png
    9th 01.07.png
    30.3 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.