Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
possibly, but with low volume all week and with the holiday season upon us(major players may well be away) we can't really take any signals with conviction

but low volume = volatility

Major players dont go on holiday, do they? :) I'm shorting at 3907 expecting this to go down. Stop at 3932

I'm shorting at 3907 expecting this to go down. Stop at 3932[/QUOTE]

That's a tight stop. Do you find you get stopped out a lot in volatile markets? What's your profit target?

Looking to short myself at some point. Right now we are in the blue channel - see attached, so I'll be lookng for a breakdown through that before shorting. Also, we may gap fill to 3930. And fib projection suggests we may even reach 3954 ish. Anyway, breakdown through blue channel is key in my books, before shorting, and that's my analysis, for what it's worth.

Certainly fibs have been the most accurate measure for me of late - indicators... umm, yes, I've really gone off them!

Good luck all :)

Attachments

• FT_10min.jpg
    FT_10min.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 122
Actually, is there a gap to 3930? Since the low of yesterday was 3905, perhaps there's no gap to fill - I know, I should know this stuff!

edit - 3905 low, in hours

Last edited:
well done my friend, we both hit out targets........(y)

I am surprised that the banks are falling with the possibility of the uptick rule being passed tonight

I have taken the dip as a buying opportunity this morning on barclays

ban on short selling = short covering = means financials rally

I have enjoyed a beautiful rally on barclays, just over 10p on 3000 contracts

Attachments

• 8th barc.png
    8th barc.png
    24.6 KB · Views: 122
Looking to short myself at some point. Right now we are in the blue channel - see attached, so I'll be lookng for a breakdown through that before shorting. Also, we may gap fill to 3930. And fib projection suggests we may even reach 3954 ish. Anyway, breakdown through blue channel is key in my books, before shorting, and that's my analysis, for what it's worth.

Certainly fibs have been the most accurate measure for me of late - indicators... umm, yes, I've really gone off them!

Good luck all :)

You were indeed right on that one, bad trade on my part. Just got stopped out.

decided to go long on FTSE this morning....going strong..

well done my friend

I have been playing the short game all morning for 10 points a time but after watching the DAX power upwards I was cautious on my last trade only to be stopped out @ 3930

Rio tinto seem to have done well

You were indeed right on that one, bad trade on my part. Just got stopped out.

Bad luck Karlandee - I am the first to admit I find it tough to call the market, and I was tempted to short at 3907 too, as it looked quite weak there.

well done my friend

I have been playing the short game all morning for 10 points a time but after watching the DAX power upwards I was cautious on my last trade only to be stopped out @ 3930

Rio tinto seem to have done well

i'm in for 15 points ...trying to cover loss late last week, made a few bad calls.

anyone reckon we going to rally today......am kind of sitting on the fence with that one

I am short at 3918, target 3888 - sl 3960 - lets see what happens.

edit - and yes, I didn't wait for a break down through the channel I had in my analysis! oh dear!

I am short at 3918, target 3888 - sl 3960 - lets see what happens.

edit - and yes, I didn't wait for a break down through the channel I had in my analysis! oh dear!

Closed for + 25 points - wating for pull back to short again.

SEC OKs effort to limit short sales
Agency considers five approaches to bring back uptick rule

By Ronald D. Orol, MarketWatch
Last update: 11:36 a.m. EDT April 8, 2009Comments: 78
WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) - Under pressure from lawmakers and financial institutions, the Securities and Exchange Commission on Wednesday approved the release of five different proposals for reinstating the uptick rule, a provision that would limit short selling

Status
Not open for further replies.