Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am short now at 3975 - small position, cause really, this may go nowhere. Did I mention i have an addictive personality!! :LOL:

LOL! I'm long about 8 minutes. It just keeps faking. SPY stuck at 85 but just above VWAP. It'll either break out, break down or just sit down and do nothing until Monday.

I closed for -6 - Good luck with the long Rennie.

I don't have the patience right now... I'm off for a beer!

Have a good Easter weekend everyone!

I closed for -6 - Good luck with the long Rennie.

I don't have the patience right now... I'm off for a beer!

Have a good Easter weekend everyone!

I've got a glass of Aussie Shiraz in front of me. The pleasures of working at home. :cheers:

I've already rolled my S&P long into next week looking for 8750. I'll probably do the same with my FTSE position. FTSE Futures now challenging the 5 day MA. Could be fun if it gets through.

Have a great weekend everyone.

hourly chart for the last 3 months.you can see the trends quite clearly
s500.the question is...when do the bulls run out of steam or doess it carry on.?
price at a major resistance now

Attachments

• US SPX500 (10 Micro Contract) (-).png
    US SPX500 (10 Micro Contract) (-).png
    15.3 KB · Views: 127
market is slightly nervous.
hourly data.retracement columns/down columns in red are long.notice how the upthrusts now have longer retracement columns.whereas before,the upthrusts had short retrace columns

Attachments

• nervous.png
    nervous.png
    13.1 KB · Views: 128
market is slightly nervous.
hourly data.retracement columns/down columns in red are long.notice how the upthrusts now have longer retracement columns.whereas before,the upthrusts had short retrace columns

I never really got to grips with P&F. I've s small speculative position on SPX in anticipation of a short squeeze before the close, which I'll drop at VWAP and a swing position for next week. I dropped the FTSE long because it seems scared sh*tless of 4000.

I'd guess we'll have a pretty volatile low volume close.

rennie.which part of dublin.?
we lived there for 5 years.1965 -1970
cannot remeber too much.i went back 5 years ago to execute my late father"s estate.he had been living there for 10 years before he died.a great place.not a place to visit if you are teetotal

an interesting chart of the s500
a very high box size..ie long term
eod data..20 point box size.close data,by 3 reversal
you can see th big resistance areas at 900 and then 1000..
850 and 870 are not even registered as resistances on this chart
so we are getting near the real mother of resistances
there is 7 years data on this chart

Attachments

• mother.jpg
    mother.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 131
i went long on the spx500 last night stupidly thinking it would break the massive resistance point. it didn't of course.

i made some good ftse calls early yesterday and should have stopped trading re my plan, then made a complete hash of the afternoon with some bad timing...should have stopped after my target was hit...no discipline at all!

be interesting to see where we go next week.

update on the yen trade.the red line was the resistance line i put in last weekend

Attachments

• yen update.jpg
    yen update.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 113
rennie.which part of dublin.?

Dún Laoghaire. Great for walks down the pier or along the sea front when you need to get away from the screen and get a bit of perspective.

BTW, I went flat on everything into the close last night. There was just too much profit on the table and I might take Monday off.

Status
Not open for further replies.