Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
alcoa is a bullish chart now.res at 8 bucks

Attachments

• ALCOA INC (D91).jpg
    ALCOA INC (D91).jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 115
I have to apologise for slacking lately and not posting live trades

I had a 1-2-1 with my manager recently and I got told off as i am falling behind with my work

I will certainly post live trades on my days off

hey no worries, its understandable work comes first. I for one appreciate the time and effort you put into posting your live trades as and when you do them. also the links to those other sites have been enormously helpful to me. Cheers.

Alcoa results - what time are they out?

any body have an idea?

this is the only info I can find on the results:

4/7/2009 6:39 AM ET
(RTTNews) - Alcoa, Inc. (AA: News ) will host a conference call at 5:00 pm, to discuss its Q1 2009 earnings results.

not sure if that means the results will be annouced before the conference call or during. this will be New York time I expect.

i am off out to do a few chores

Happy trading my friends

S&P has failed and is headed to 810-812

FTSE is headed to 3860

I've been short of that all morning. Out of hours, not much profit, normally, but this morning it has given me 14 points which is a very big move before the opening.

I'll pass on your forecast of 810 because I'm unlucky when I am not present. I used the early hours top as my SL.

Good luck with it.

Split

i have moved my stop at break even now...i was tempted to close when it he 3957 for a 27 point profit, but ill let it ride now. Going out now

sounds like a good strategy. I'm tempted to short soon though, just feels quite bearish.

I know many people are going to think its a spiders web but i thought i would give you an insight in to my chart for the S&P

Attachments

• 7th 17.48.png
    7th 17.48.png
    25.7 KB · Views: 113
Nice spiders web WS ;)

Anybody have intraday volume for FTSE 100 through a broker by chance? I'm sure it would be easier to day trade if I had that info, perhaps I have to pay for it though.

Whilst the price moves up and down, I reckon only volume could indicate to me if the market is actually buying at whatever the price maybe, or if the move up/down is divergant. Hope that makes sense?

Anybody else agree?

Ollie

Just to elaborate, to roughly quote Alexander Elder - everythng you need to know is in the price, and the current price represents an agreement of value between all market participants.

However, I take excepton with that theory, should the volume in the market not substantiate a move up or down.

Do you think I'm on the right track, or missing the point somewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.