Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks kaisen - been watching it all morning - 2nd trade now, 1st one blew up. Only trading AUD/USD. Its one of 6 pairs on my watchlist.

Could i ask for your watch list? And criteria? I am setting up my currency charts.

I was thinking of setting a number of pairs and scowling them for set ups.

As you are ahead of me, I was wondering whether you could give me the imput of what six and why - i can then get to grips with them myself and maybe touch base with you about them?

:)

Thanks Mas - Looking nice now - I already made one loss this morning on that pair, with super agressive entry - but this trade should pay for that I hope :) .

must admit I went a bit :eek: @ that broadening formation (I F'in hate those things) when I first brought the chart up , but then it went woosh , seems to be move of the day so far , $CAD looks to be moving nicely. (isn't lap long that one ?)

How's your trading going?

I was looking to get on £Y short, no entry yet though.

Yea going ok, only seem to be doing 2-3 / week for last week or so, still short £Y from monday, still long FTSE from 17th (although must admit was bit of an accident that one :LOL: was only playing it for a corrective move) , those are the only 2 really. Was shorting £Y last night (my usual sniffing around @ 12-1am) held too long and it went range so out for only 42. Nothing so far today.

Thank you Mr Market!

Been waiting for the ftse to do this all morning!!!

Sad thing is, with all the bullish posts i closed my position for +3pnts! Having watched my rather poor entry (short at 4908) go all the way up to 4927 and having read all the bullish comments i closed at 4905.

Yet again Mr Market tells me i need more courage in my trading, more confidence and with patience!

Anyhoo, i have us in a rising channel on the hourly with a good long entry around 4894 and target of over 4930.

Any comments welcome guys.

Could i ask for your watch list? And criteria? I am setting up my currency charts.

I was thinking of setting a number of pairs and scowling them for set ups.

As you are ahead of me, I was wondering whether you could give me the imput of what six and why - i can then get to grips with them myself and maybe touch base with you about them?

No probs Monsieur Kaisen :)

I have 6 that I just trade for fib pullbacks - the theory on choosing those six is that they won't all setup at the same time - but really I don't know if that would be the case over a long period of time... we shall see.

The list of 11 is Phil Newtons watch list, which I have borrowed :) I will trade any am range breakout from that list. Phil has a clean chart/messy chart philosophy, so if these pairs are ok for him, then it's good for me too.

You're welcome to ask any Q's you like Kaisen - As I mentioned before, the Lapster and I are trading the same strat/s - He would be good to ask Q's of as well. Come and join our skype chat at stupid O'clock if you like as well :)

Attachments

• 6_pairs.jpg
    6_pairs.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 127
  • 11_pairs.jpg
    11_pairs.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 121
Anyhoo, i have us in a rising channel on the hourly with a good long entry around 4894 and target of over 4930.

Any comments welcome guys.

Agree with this view. If channel holds we should go up to 5000 area.
So are you long now?

No probs Monsieur Kaisen :)

I have 6 that I just trade for fib pullbacks - the theory on choosing those six is that they won't all setup at the same time - but really I don't know if that would be the case over a long period of time... we shall see.

The list of 11 is Phil Newtons watch list, which I have borrowed :) I will trade any am range breakout from that list. Phil has a clean chart/messy chart philosophy, so if these pairs are ok for him, then it's good for me too.

You're welcome to ask any Q's you like Kaisen - As I mentioned before, the Lapster and I are trading the same strat/s - He would be good to ask Q's of as well. Come and join our skype chat at stupid O'clock if you like as well :)

Thanks for that, all really helpful.

I am hoping that trading currencies will also allow me not to tinker with ftse strategies and keep me busy.

What skype address?

Seems we have a similar style! I was just about to ask your target! Do you always look for 20pnts?
I am looking for 20-30pnts depening on strength of the move and choppiness!

Yes, 20-30, i usually look at the size of the candle that takes me in to profit, if it is big, no tails and the range is still within the days i may sit a little longer. i nearly got in earlier but the 9:15 Candle didn't confirm. The lower high was my confirmation. 16306 was the bestter entry buy caught napping and like to manually enter rather than set orders.

Yea going ok, only seem to be doing 2-3 / week for last week or so, still short £Y from monday, still long FTSE from 17th (although must admit was bit of an accident that one :LOL: was only playing it for a corrective move) , those are the only 2 really. Was shorting £Y last night (my usual sniffing around @ 12-1am) held too long and it went range so out for only 42. Nothing so far today.

Oh cool, looks like you're going well as usual then :)

I really wish I had found an entry on £Y today, would have been lovely. Retrace wasn't quite enough to allow a setup for me. There's always tomorrow though.

The Lap is trading eur/cad btw - not $cad.

Nice short $E Breakout of lower support line. Currently about 20 points!
Cable is 60+ from my short:(

Oh cool, looks like you're going well as usual then :)

I really wish I had found an entry on £Y today, would have been lovely. Retrace wasn't quite enough to allow a setup for me. There's always tomorrow though.

The Lap is trading eur/cad btw - not $cad.

£Y , looked a bit rough out there this morning (H1 wide bars cycling over) ,seems to be finding its direction a bit better last hour or 2, havent seen any setups yet though (def best Y pair again , havent checked AUD & NZD though). Have been watching CHFY over last week or so, prob going to start trading that one like £Y soon, will see.

Still holding that AUD$ ? (y)

Ah right , haven't seen the EURCAD (haven't got much time EUR pairs)

£Y , looked a bit rough out there this morning (H1 wide bars cycling over) ,seems to be finding its direction a bit better last hour or 2, havent seen any setups yet though (def best Y pair again , havent checked AUD & NZD though). Have been watching CHFY over last week or so, prob going to start trading that one like £Y soon, will see.

Still holding that AUD$ ? (y)

Ah right , haven't seen the EURCAD (haven't got much time EUR pairs)

Ok, I'll be interested to see how the CHFY goes.

Still in A$, as is the Lap - just contemplating stops right now - mine is at BE for now, target is 0.8283, I think it's acheviable, I hope so anyway.

ftse

4885 ....key level

if we break 4885 then next level 4855 ....

alternatively if we hold 4885 then we go to 4925 again and beyond

we have broken this trend line so I am being very cautious with longs ..............

we have bounced off 4885 which is a good sign but failure here could cause a big swing down to 4855 and then to 50 MA

Attachments

• FTSE 100 Daily (25-AUG-09).png
    FTSE 100 Daily (25-AUG-09).png
    27.1 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
support @ £20.00 on Anglo with 200 MA........and gap fill support !!

this will be my early signal for a short if anglo american falis to hold here

bias still on the long side

Attachments

• Anglo American Plc (25-AUG-09).png
    Anglo American Plc (25-AUG-09).png
    23.5 KB · Views: 90
Ok, I'll be interested to see how the CHFY goes.

Still in A$, as is the Lap - just contemplating stops right now - mine is at BE for now, target is 0.8283, I think it's acheviable, I hope so anyway.

CHFY , no trades planned yet , but it seems to run ok , so we'll see ?

A$ , H4 bias pattern 1 ? (I know you trade H3 , should be similar though) did you fade point 5 ? I tend not to set targets (unless I'm playing a box range etc) , on trends I normally just wait until PA tells me to leg it. (usualy means 'giving' a bit back, but most times it works better for me than targets).

ftse

4885 ....key level

if we break 4885 then next level 4855 ....

alternatively if we hold 4885 then we go to 4925 again and beyond

we have broken this trend line so I am being very cautious with longs ..............

we have bounced off 4885 which is a good sign but failure here could cause a big swing down to 4855 and then to 50 MA

WS dude, are you subscribed to inthemoneystocks? Also do you do this fulltime day trading? or part time with the work?

Status
Not open for further replies.