Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
He skylarks a lot, with his girlie pictures and stories.

I stayed over at a friend of mine who had a wonderful book which gave the history and etymology behind lots of phrases, words, etc.

Skylark was one we got on to.

It's a nautical phrase from the turn of the 19th century (ah yes, when brittania ruled the waves) which originally meant to 'frolic and play'. The skylarks would be seen around the top of the masts and riggings and the seamen, working hard from below, would see their light-hearted singing and frolicking as the antithesis to their hard and serious labour. 'Larking around' was then derived from this, I never knew the original was 'skylarking'.

My favourite was 'Scratch my back I'll scratch yours'

If one of the crew on the ships ever did something wrong and the captain chose to have him flogged, it was seen as being below the captain or an officers station to carry out the flogging. The seamen who had carried out the transgressions would actually flog each other. The night before, in the brigg below deck where they were locked up until the flogging at dawn, they would make a deal with each other: don't whip me too hard, I won't whip you too hard, 'scratch my back, I'll scratch yours'

Totally off topic, but Dentist did say he felt like he was watching paint dry (incidentally, you don't need a book to explain that phrase I'm sure!)

Not traded it but been looking at currencies and seemed a rather nice down trend on the chart. Agreed small daily range but maybe one for longer trades.

:)

EURGBP has treated me very well, very nice clear channel and trend and reliable on the opening range breakouts as well. Today I have been stopped out @ b/e on return to range (which happens quite a bit) but if I could have longer term trades, this would be great for this pair. As Geo says, range is small, but then the asian range from which I trade the breakout can be small too - as a % of the atr its still fine for me.

I am with GEO on that AUDUSD trade, and I am also long, again on opening range breakout on EURCAD @ 15563, currently +50 there.

Not traded it but been looking at currencies and seemed a rather nice down trend on the chart. Agreed small daily range but maybe one for longer trades.

Well there's definitely been some very nice moves on eur/gbp in the past - but I am favouring the majors for now. Might be nice for swing trades as well. The lapster trades eur/gbp am range breakouts with a good level of success on eur/gbp.

EURGBP has treated me very well, very nice clear channel and trend and reliable on the opening range breakouts as well. Today I have been stopped out @ b/e on return to range (which happens quite a bit) but if I could have longer term trades, this would be great for this pair. As Geo says, range is small, but then the asian range from which I trade the breakout can be small too - as a % of the atr its still fine for me.

I am with GEO on that AUDUSD trade, and I am also long, again on opening range breakout on EURCAD @ 15563, currently +50 there.

Thanks my friend, and i enjoyed reading your last post (skylarks etc). Maybe you could do a "slot" when markets are quiet?

Could you confirm your breakout terms? Is it the bias geo has a link to? (i have been looking this morning)

I was watching claudia123´s breakout strategy today on cable but so range bound today there has been no criteria for breakout really met (no confirmation). Worked well yesterday although didnt trade it as only just started looking at currencies really. But feel currencies offer another dimension to both making some money and their affect on the markets.

If you could let me know your break out criteria or confirm if it is geo´s bias and i will continue to look into that.

ATB

Thanks my friend, and i enjoyed reading your last post (skylarks etc). Maybe you could do a "slot" when markets are quiet?

Could you confirm your breakout terms? Is it the bias geo has a link to? (i have been looking this morning)

I was watching claudia123´s breakout strategy today on cable but so range bound today there has been no criteria for breakout really met (no confirmation). Worked well yesterday although didnt trade it as only just started looking at currencies really. But feel currencies offer another dimension to both making some money and their affect on the markets.

If you could let me know your break out criteria or confirm if it is geo´s bias and i will continue to look into that.

ATB

Pretty much most of what you need to know is here for AM range breakouts - ORBS as the Lapster calls them.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...55-phil-newtons-range-break-out-strategy.html

HTH

It's worth noting the bias change on higher TF's too - the Lapster and I are trading the same strat, using H3 for direction.

Hope you don't mind me jumping in there Lapster!

ATB

Yes, Claudia got a bit browned off with someone yesterday and is not showing her face today. That play she has seems to net her some profits but I haven't gone into it, myself. Buy if price goes above 0100 high and sell if it goes below 0700. If you ask her any questions make sure that you are on the same TZ. The guy, yesterday, was out in the Far East, somewhere. The rest are trying to woo her back! :LOL: She is normally very polite but I saw some **** in her post, yesterday. :LOL:

Pretty much most of what you need to know is here for AM range breakouts - ORBS as the Lapster calls them.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...55-phil-newtons-range-break-out-strategy.html

HTH

It's worth noting the bias change on higher TF's too - the Lapster and I are trading the same strat, using H3 for direction.

More than happy you jumping in - I'm still cooking plantain :)

EDIT: GEO, audusd....there she blows...

Yes, Claudia got a bit browned off with someone yesterday and is not showing her face today. That play she has seems to net her some profits but I haven't gone into it, myself. Buy if price goes above 0100 high and sell if it goes below 0700. If you ask her any questions make sure that you are on the same TZ. The guy, yesterday, was out in the Far East, somewhere. The rest are trying to woo her back! :LOL: She is normally very polite but I saw some **** in her post, yesterday. :LOL:

Yes, i saw her reply yesterday which amused me greatly.

Hope she comes back. It seemed a nice thread and she seems nice and wants to help but i liked that she took no nonsense!

:LOL::LOL:

HTH

Thanks Geo, that aud trade has got to be play of the day/week?

I notice the nzl/$ move almost mirrored as well. Do you trade that pair or have you chosen aud over nzl?

It doesn't matter what the rest trades, mate, if you don't like £2. Do you trade at work?

If you trade from home you could try Finspreads for 50p. I'm not trying to beat their drum, you understand? They have never given me any problems. If they had, I would never mention them favourably.

Split, mate. I can only trade with IG as they are the only approved broker from compliance. Doesnt matter if i trade from home or work. Those who are employed in financial institutions have this restriction for compliance reasons, insider trading, etc, etc.

nice move @ 11 :cheesy:

Thanks Mas - Looking nice now - I already made one loss this morning on that pair, with super agressive entry - but this trade should pay for that I hope :)

How's your trading going?

I was looking to get on £Y short, no entry yet though.

Thanks Geo, that aud trade has got to be play of the day/week?

I notice the nzl/$ move almost mirrored as well. Do you trade that pair or have you chosen aud over nzl?

Thanks kaisen - been watching it all morning - 2nd trade now, 1st one blew up. Only trading AUD/USD. Its one of 6 pairs on my watchlist.

Status
Not open for further replies.