Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a look on AUDUSD 15M between 0500 and 0930 - probably better seen with 10M - and label this in the library too for a 'megaphone' chart pattern. :)

http://www.trending123.com/patterns/reverse_symmetrical_triangle.html

Yep lap thats the one , I know them as broadening formations (murphey etc) (again its not the pattern I'm interested in as such its the price action in and around them), I'm using MT4 for currencies , so no 10M , besides 15M is the smallest I trade use it to 'time' entries on H1 setups.

I never do fundamentals my friend. Only trade what I see on a chart :)
Sometimes positive news causes prices to drop and there is incredibly bad data and prices still go up. How do I know when the markets respond to news or not? So I just ignore it completely.
Saves me a lot of work as well :D
Having said that I do note when news comes out so I can watch how market reacts.
Stop now moved to 4878.

By the way what job do you do? Trading?

I never do fundamentals my friend. Only trade what I see on a chart :)
Sometimes positive news causes prices to drop and there is incredibly bad data and prices still go up. How do I know when the markets respond to news or not? So I just ignore it completely.
Saves me a lot of work as well :D
Having said that I do note when news comes out so I can watch how market reacts.
Stop now moved to 4878.

By the way what job do you do? Trading?

Hey papak - you still long?

yep. still hanging in there :sleep:

I went long when i had to go out at 4893 sl at 4873 - came back saw the ftse over 4000 and thought ok in the money! Then saw i was stopped out to the pnt!
:(

Looking for an entry now - 1H says down 4H says up!

Actually just looking back, my stop was 4872!

hey fellas, thought i'd pop in to see how you're all doing. hope you're all well and winning the pip war :D

i've been back on equities and increased my account by 23% over the past 2 weeks, with zero drawdown (so far, fingers crossed and all that...)

welcome back Dr Blix............uI can certainly speak on behalf od everyone and say we have all missed you my friend

Good to hear your back, live and kicking

I went long when i had to go out at 4893 sl at 4873 - came back saw the ftse over 4000 and thought ok in the money! Then saw i was stopped out to the pnt!
:(

Looking for an entry now - 1H says down 4H says up!

Actually just looking back, my stop was 4872!

just for you information kaisen if you were going to go long I think you should have take this into account for future trades and you may well avoid being stopped out

I also went short @ 4779 .. saw my position go to profit and amended to break even because of 200 MA @ 4869 and pivot S1 @ 4872

if you had put you stop below them you would certainly be in profit

diagnol trend line previous resistance = support

bias is to the upside

Attachments

• FTSE 100 Daily (25-AUG-09).png
    FTSE 100 Daily (25-AUG-09).png
    18.6 KB · Views: 121
AUD$ 5M

So lads, what the hell is it with Australians and broadening formations ? :sneaky: (assuming the bottom holds )

just for you information kaisen if you were going to go long I think you should have take this into account for future trades and you may well avoid being stopped out

I also went short @ 4779 .. saw my position go to profit and amended to break even because of 200 MA @ 4869 and pivot S1 @ 4872

if you had put you stop below them you would certainly be in profit

diagnol trend line previous resistance = support

bias is to the upside

Good point ws - placed the deal in a rush as i had an appointment to keep - but yes i will keep that in mind.

Thanks as ever!

You stil feel bias is up?

4H chart suggests up

Hello all,
Totally frustrated. did 20 trades for £100 profit = £5 profit per trade.
this is not the way to trade guys.I always close early for the fear of losing. We should be able to get more than £5 average.

Just my thoughts

Happy Trading for the rest of the day.

you cant be sure about anything in trading !!

Im out at 4878 as it doesnt want to go up. Stand aside to see how it develops tomorrow. It will probably scream up now ? :LOL:

you cant be sure about anything in trading !!

Im out at 4878 as it doesnt want to go up. Stand aside to see how it develops tomorrow. It will probably scream up now ? :LOL:

papak, I was thinking the same. Luckily I got out with 1 point profit when the housing numbers came with a strong intraday pull.

I was thinking to see how the after hours market performs based on asian markets' performance. If they 0.25% above today's open, then I am thinking to go long. Otherwise I will wait till lunch time to see the trend (higher highs, lower lows on candle bodies - ignoring wigs).

Keen to see what factors / variables you will be considering for tomorrow's direction?

welcome back Dr Blix............uI can certainly speak on behalf od everyone and say we have all missed you my friend

Good to hear your back, live and kicking

thanks for your kind words ws...i hope you've been doing well, in trading and in general.

i'd ask you about the cricket but i fall asleep... bcbbxvcvvcvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

OHHH...sorry, i was going to say i'd ask you about the cricket but i fall asleep on my keyboard everytime i think about the game... :sleep: :eek:

(KIDDING! :cheesy:)

Status
Not open for further replies.