Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a coupla points.

Firstly , a big thankyou for Wallstreet1928 for taking the time out to write here and start this. You made a point about putting your analysis and taking the time to do this ...as compared to others. Somthing along those lines.

And lo and behold...others agree that they should post more reasoning behind their trades here, rather than just posting live calls, as this thread is becoming a live call frenzied hard to control/follow etc... I made this point weeks ago, and i got slated for it. 'put up or shut up..we are here to post our clever calls for our own ego and we do not have time to explain our trades'....was the vibe given off.(not by WS, you were very helpful and kindly offered support.)
I apologise if i make an unwanted point. But i have to say i cant really complain, as there is alot to take on board here, and its gotten better lately. Thers alot of gems of info here. So thanks once again to ALL posters/contributors. When i get to a half decent level of understanding and have FTSE trade ideas i will post them.

So its appreciated when explanations, however short, are given along with trades,if you have time of course. Threads like this can get in the way of trading as its so busy, its almost a full time job keeping up with this thread! lol But its alll good chaps.

Long may you all prosper.

Just a coupla points.

Firstly , a big thankyou for Wallstreet1928 for taking the time out to write here and start this. You made a point about putting your analysis and taking the time to do this ...as compared to others. Somthing along those lines.

And lo and behold...others agree that they should post more reasoning behind their trades here, rather than just posting live calls, as this thread is becoming a live call frenzied hard to control/follow etc... I made this point weeks ago, and i got slated for it. 'put up or shut up..we are here to post our clever calls for our own ego and we do not have time to explain our trades'....was the vibe given off.(not by WS, you were very helpful and kindly offered support.)
I apologise if i make an unwanted point. But i have to say i cant really complain, as there is alot to take on board here, and its gotten better lately. Thers alot of gems of info here. So thanks once again to ALL posters/contributors. When i get to a half decent level of understanding and have FTSE trade ideas i will post them.

So its appreciated when explanations, however short, are given along with trades,if you have time of course. Threads like this can get in the way of trading as its so busy, its almost a full time job keeping up with this thread! lol But its alll good chaps.

Jon,

Just a point on supposed ego of calling live trades - I'm not really sure that's why we call our trades! I certainly don't call for that reason. Trust me, if I had an ego about calling trades, I wouldn't have called a thing - you can look back through my posts and see just how many I got wrong :LOL:

I call, because when I screw up the trade, I am forced to face up to why the trade went wrong - I can't hide from a trade that i made public.

Just my 2p.

Just a coupla points.

yes Jonboy does have a very valid point .........

so my dear friends if we do have some spare time can we all please try and give a few more reasons for going short and long......my self included!!

Jon,

Just a point on supposed ego of calling live trades - I'm not really sure that's why we call our trades! I certainly don't call for that reason. Trust me, if I had an ego about calling trades, I wouldn't have called a thing - you can look back through my posts and see just how many I got wrong :LOL:

I call, because when I screw up the trade, I am forced to face up to why the trade went wrong - I can't hide from a trade that i made public.

Just my 2p.

sorry mate, i wasnt saying everyone here was in that generalization.

Youre actually on my "actually READ what this guy is posting" list, on this thread...! i have a criteria for managing this thread (y)

'put up or shut up..we are here to post our clever calls for our own ego and we do not have time to explain our trades'

have you been drinking jonboy?

i must say, what you write makes little sense.

you want to read a thread where people make 100% correct calls and then nicely post their trading strategy just for you to mimic and profit from. plus you want to do this without even contributing yourself, or even attempting to join in in a friendly manner.

I apologise if i make an unwanted point. But i have to say i cant really complain, as there is alot to take on board here

i'm complaining again, "but i can't complain".

jon, many people have asked you to post up ANYTHING of your own for US TO HELP YOU.

apologies if i've missed your posts of your analysis, but if you don't post anything, how do you expect people to help you (as a number of people on here have already generously offered)?

and as for people not posting analysis, well, are you sure you're looking at the right thread? all i see on here are 'live calls' and lots and lots of 'analysis'.

apologies WS if i'm not being particularly affable on your thread, but people whining when there's an absolute wealth of views, analysis and information all packaged up in a friendly helpful thread just does my nut in.

btw, thanks geo for posting the bias stuff. i'm gonna take a little break from my shocking attempt at trying to trade.

need to educate myself further and regroup...going to get stuck into PN's site too.

all the best geo, lapa, WS, SD, BW, dentist, kaisen, reza, mas, lonlad (i suppose i should have just said 'everyone' :cheesy:)

don't forget chaps:

what matters most, is how well you walk through the fire :)

blix.

i was afraid of what you would say blix.
lets move on, i said my piece politely.
I dont contribute because im in early stages of learning.
And i dont actively follow uk trading time session, i have other committments.
So it would be a waste to join in with nothing interesting to say.
dude, chill. Youve misconstrued some of the things i said.
Im not whining. I made a point weeks ago, to be shot down.
Only for WS to make similar point, and its a diff response.
dude, chill. Im happy with the thread, or i wouldnt be following it.
You dont have to change a thing. Its all good.

Happy trading.

Geo, can you tell me if I have this right?

EURCAD, 3H- July high 16327, bottom 30 July 15184

Bias change on the 3H in the process of (perhaps,maybe) taking place today as price is now at the HH level looking to move higher.

If / When it does, I look at the 2M for a pullback and then take the trade with a s/l back other side of entry (ie. the other side of the move past HH that confirmed bias change)

Target would be a fib level.

EDIT: GEO, after a coffee, I see your post was about using retracements as a way to enter in the trending direction when that retracement (to a fib level) does not change the bias. My post above is about a pivot day / reversal and getting on from a new trend when the bias has turned. Either way, good to know what you think of the above as a set up anyway?

btw, thanks geo for posting the bias stuff. i'm gonna take a little break from my shocking attempt at trying to trade.

need to educate myself further and regroup...going to get stuck into PN's site too.

all the best geo, lapa, WS, SD, BW, dentist, kaisen, reza, mas, lonlad (i suppose i should have just said 'everyone' :cheesy:)

don't forget chaps:

what matters most, is how well you walk through the fire :)

we look forward to your return my friend

Variables - downward bias

1. oil down overnight

2. euro and gbp down too = dollar strengthening

3. nasdaq fails to trade over 1630

4. s&p futures below key 1000 level

5. FTSE below key 4700 level

good morning everyone

That's what I missed out from my post this am :eek:

Morning everyone.

No overnight move for FTSE below that 4676 level, spent most of the time hovering above yesterdays close in a tight range. EURUSD edging 14,4, us light edging 71$, Nikkei finished up and above 10,000. Dax had a look at 5,400 from open but has bounced up.

Another long day?

Perhaps a sell off this am to pivot 4662. Anything below 4650 - fridays high and a I have a TL there - I would see as a reversal.

Variables - downward bias

1. oil down overnight

2. euro and gbp down too = dollar strengthening

3. nasdaq fails to trade over 1630

4. s&p futures below key 1000 level

5. FTSE below key 4700 level

Ah, bullet points and lists. So much better than my waffling :)

FTSE strategy - 4th August

1 month 1 hr chart ....................potential fib retrace of 4566 if we break down. previous resistance = support @ 4650

1 week 10 min chart .......

4670 KEY LEVEL

watching light blue downward sloping line for bear flag scenario

< 4670 ..........i will go short ..target 4650, 4640

> 4670 ...bias still remains on upside and i will look to go long 4680 region....but stop loss must be 4660

Attachments

• FTSE 100 Daily (04-AUG-09).png
    FTSE 100 Daily (04-AUG-09).png
    21.8 KB · Views: 118
  • FTSE 100 Daily (05-AUG-09).png
    FTSE 100 Daily (05-AUG-09).png
    26.2 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
good morning everyone

Just heard on the Radio.. They are discussing if Jordan is good looking and worth a try:LOL:

Happy trading

Status
Not open for further replies.