Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please don't mind me saying this but this market isn't about luck ........

There is a fine line between trading and gambling .............

lets do an exercise in order to determine why your stop losses were hit

London lad, manya 1983, fast trader and others.........can you all explain why you went short?

Last edited:
Against my better judgement I went long the DAX at 4518, ahead of the ISM figures, with a very tight SL. I reckoned if they were good , and that is the way economists in general were reading it, it should take the market higher. Better to be lucky than clever. Im just going to sit on this now, as I cant see this market wanting to go lower, as we now have the FTSE above 4700, the S&P above 1000, and the NASDAQ heading for 1630. It may be choppy but i will keep my SL at BE and go with the flow.

Re : WS thought they all shorted ?

(y) Lap on the £Y break , I let 29 (Daily & weekly swing highs) put me off.

S&P short of 2 pips from 1000, that'll boost things up!

SabreTT: will you give us a signal, when one of those fails?

Im not constantly watching these markets tbh, I do play index sometimes but not at this time of day.

Also Im quoting some other trader there, some nasdaq guy who is very good on risk control so its just something to watch if you can. Dont short a frothy market basically or expect to fail if you do :LOL:

Vix continues its rise today as of the last week, 10% still not significant I guess

I shorted because I was expecting a rebound on $. Still expecting one. Plus, FTSE is well beyond its average range of 60ish.

I still reccd that post WS, even though you misread what people did, you asked why - we sometimes may forget this is a place to learn - thats the point of making the live calls after all, so someone can call you up on it, right?

The dollar has reached 2009 lows on Manufacturing ISM which far exceeded expectations. The dollar has weakened substantially against the pound and euro. The sterling has officially reached a new nine-month intraday high, while the euro has rallied to a new eight-month high. The manufacturing report was clearly the one catalyst needed to buck the recent range-bound trend in currencies. Risk aversion is undoubtedly hitting new lows as it appears a new move may have formed which could only result in further dollar losses. With all the talk lately about the possibility that we may have already emerged from the recession, the ISM has made a critical addition to such evidence. The Dow responds by starting the day with a 100 point rally.

The Manufacturing ISM release was reported at 48.9, far above 46.5 consensus and 44.8 reported last month. However, even though these numbers look promising, it does not mask the fact that manufacturing is still shrinking, even though it is happening at a slower rate. We have been edging closer and closer to the critical 50 level but have yet to stage the surge needed to move into an expansionary environment. Manufacturing has been shrinking for the last 12 months consecutively. Nevertheless, the pace of contraction has been slowing consistently since January. Perhaps the most promising aspect that this report has to offer is the improvement in employment. The employment component rose by 4.9 points to 45.6, serving as a good indicator that Friday’s Non-Farm Payroll report may receive a boost. In fact, all underlying components, except for customers’ inventories, improved from the June release. Combined with manufacturing optimism coming from the Fed’s recent Beige book release, Manufacturing ISM does serve as one additional indicator that the recession is at least reaching its final days.

Looking forward this week has a lot of crucial economic releases, all of which pale in comparison to the Non-Farm Payrolls report scheduled for Friday. This makes any report released this week a possible sign as to the health of employment. Therefore, the Non-Manufacturing report for Wednesday will be of utmost importance. Combined with today’s employment component of Manufacturing ISM, these releases are one of the most important leading indicators of how the employment report may fare. Therefore, from here on, this week’s primary concern will be on employment.

I still reccd that post WS, even though you misread what people did, you asked why - we sometimes may forget this is a place to learn - thats the point of making the live calls after all, so someone can call you up on it, right?

yes my friend

too many people claiming to teach people how to trade...........but then traders are left out in the wilderness by themselves and don't know how to interpret and apply the skills.

I take time to post analysis and live trades as much as I can so that people can learn in real time

I don't profess to be an expert, just a rookie trying to help from the little knowledge I have acquired

Short @ 4708...got that '7' in there.

s/l @ 4725

I shorted because everyone else was doing it - all the cool guys were, anyway - and I wanted to be in their gang.

Also shorted because we were near my TL which is dark blue which means its important, and we are massively over daily range, and 4703 was Nov high...Had to be over 4700 for me to short though, keep round number monster on my side of the trade....

Looking to close out @ 76'ish and have a cup of tea which I am really, really looking forward to.

I shorted because everyone else was doing it - all the cool guys were, anyway - and I wanted to be in their gang

LMAO :LOL: If ever there was a good reason to place a trade, that was it! :) hehe Only joking -presume you were too :rolleyes:

I'm out of the ASY trade btw, for a measly +12.4 - stopped out on retrace - serious case of trade mismanagement - oh well, here to learn, n' all that.

edit: well done on all the trades today - you must have made a nice bit of pippage!

Against my better judgement I went long the DAX at 4518, ahead of the ISM figures, with a very tight SL. I reckoned if they were good , and that is the way economists in general were reading it, it should take the market higher. Better to be lucky than clever. Im just going to sit on this now, as I cant see this market wanting to go lower, as we now have the FTSE above 4700, the S&P above 1000, and the NASDAQ heading for 1630. It may be choppy but i will keep my SL at BE and go with the flow.

Well that was an exciting ride, +46 points back down to my SL at BE! Should have taken my profits ( how many times have i said that!!!!!):mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.