Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good calls WS. You making it look easy by bagging these early morning pips when the market tends to behave a bit more. I've also noticed that the technicals are also more stronger in the asian session too.

Anyhows, my only trade so far is long on EUR/JPY based on the breakout of minor resistance at 13500.

Good Luck all.

:)

Good calls WS. You making it look easy by bagging these early morning pips when the market tends to behave a bit more. I've also noticed that the technicals are also more stronger in the asian session too.

Anyhows, my only trade so far is long on EUR/JPY based on the breakout of minor resistance at 13500.

Good Luck all.

:)

Hey Manya.

Three trades currently open for me - all on opening range breakout in tandem with my signals.

EURGBP, short 8500.2
GBPCHF, long 17947.2
USDJPY, long 9492.5

Before you mention it, I know the eur would be the better choice on that side of the yen pair - was looking for the tightest ranges and already had eur with my gbp already open - not so sure whether I still should have followed eurjbp as levels may have been better, but I am tryin to fix myself on the ranges as the level.

All in +70 pips or so and counting

EDIT: Should add, still -18 pips from failure on eurgbp / gbp chf before getting direction right (all part of the rules, so that was fine)

Last edited:
Morning all - only managed to identify one range I liked this am, for AUD/JPY. It's not on my watchlist, but what the heck!

Waiting for a pull back to enter now, if it should occur - being conservative.

Good luck all :)

edit: Looking good mr. Lapster!

Attachments

• ay_range.jpg
    ay_range.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 106
yes I am very tempted to short it from here but i have to pack up my computer ........

just watch out for a potential bull flag scenario ......as next target could possibly be 4650 !!

if I were trading i would have gone short if market went below 4618 ..........

or i would go long if market bounced off 4620 confirming bull flag...I would go long around 4630 ...with 20 point stop for target of 4650

never presume the market will go in one direction ..............always have scenarios for both directions!!

preconceived scenarios = stop loss hit

manager cancelled meeting ....................hurray i can pull my computer out of the box again!!

Oh well target would have been hit @ 4650, bull flag confirmed .............

Morning all - only managed to identify one range I liked this am, for AUD/JPY. It's not on my watchlist, but what the heck!

Waiting for a pull back to enter now, if it should occur - being conservative.

Good luck all :)

edit: Looking good mr. Lapster!

Cheers Geo - the ranges I think are better for orb on monday after w/e, were very tight tight on those pairs which helped keep my losses small initially when I got suckered on the reversals. Pullback to test level and entry + width of range = maximum loss, and then trade the reversal on same rules. 3:1 ratio on swissy and usdjpy, 2:1 on eurgbp.

Closed swissy now for +42, usdjpy / eurgbp are now running as free trades.

Looking at your audjpy now...

FTSE strategy for Monday 3rd August

1 week 10 min

key level 4590 .......................

> 4590 ............ I will look to go long as bias is on the upside with a target of 4620 ...........4630, 4640 trendline resistance. If we break the trend line then target is 4680 on the upside..........

< 4590 ............ break out of the channel which coincides with 200 MA @ 4590 ......I will then go short with profit target @ 4560- 4550 which exists on daily and hourly TF's. ....

OKAY chaps.........

so where do we go from here..........

I am waiting for weakness at the 4650 level ..........in order to short the market

if we get strength above 4650 ..........then I will look to go long

BULL Vs Bears ...................who will win @ 4650 ?

4680 would be upside target with potential to go to 4700

EURGBP breakout on downside

ps. anyone know the ATR of EURGBP off hand? Actually, anyone know a good site to find ATRs on forex pairs?

retail sector is very weak today chaps .........

oil , mining and banks are on fire................

any profit taking in the sectors above will cause a sell off and pullback .........

lets have a look at the charts of BP, anglo american and barclays for the next likely direction or to find any resistance levels

Geo , dumped that £Y @ 55 bid.

Well done Mas!! That's one awesome trade of approx 400-500 pips I estimate! Nice one (y)

@ Lapster - long on AUD/JPY @ 79.605 - SL @ 79.20 - target is an average days move - move already done this moring. ATR is 1.556

EURGBP breakout on downside

ps. anyone know the ATR of EURGBP off hand? Actually, anyone know a good site to find ATRs on forex pairs?

77 - there's an ATR indicator on most charting software - 0.8400 would be the next major res I guess :) Nice trade matey!

Well done on the swissy too!

Status
Not open for further replies.