Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I woudl have been bearish once gap got filled, but..

SD you bullish or bearish on FTSE 100 at 4680 level?

it seems oil above $70 and BARC report and UK pmi have worked to drive market higher, not sure of greenspan's comment about growth returning have also helped.

Think FTSE will fall and test 4650 anyways.

RSI is above 70 and price is outside the upper bollinger band. Oversold terriroty on the hourly!

:)

...and twice the ftse daily range at the mo, touching a trendline I've got there.

I am short @ 4690, s/l above nov'08 high - 4710.

Good luck folks. I am still bullish - no trades, but I feel any weakness in £ will prop this thing up above 4710 (nov 08 highs).

Also closed my long EUR/JPY position for approx 60 pips profit and will look to reverse when price hits 13600, will be careful and apply minimum SL on this.

Im short the DAX at 5425, SL now at BE. Just looking for a pullback rather than a majoe reversal. market looks v.strong this am. I missed the run up from this morning. Oh well, next time.

WS - when patterns are negated or confirmed

Hey ws, at what point do you conisder a pattern confirmed?

EG, currently we have 2 down candles on the 10TF and currently have 2 inside up candles creating a bear flag.
At what point would you consider the bear flag pattern negated? When a 10 candle closes higher than the last down candle or when the up candles exceed the first down candle?

If you could give your view on bull flags and any other pattern on this subject that would be greatly appreciated.

ATB

Can anyone find out the volume on FTSE100? I was afraid of all those traders on holidays, who may come back and be quick with taking profits on this thin volume led rally.

Out for +10

@ Manya, nice work eurjpy - what was your entry this am?
Went long on EUR/JPR at around 13505. Im currently now short with entry at 13575. SL just above the 16000 mark.

Im still in the short FTSE. Will look to move to b/e as soon as the chance arrives. Otherwise will close any profitable position prior to Wall St open. Looking for the 4550!

Went long on EUR/JPR at around 13505. Im currently now short with entry at 13575. SL just above the 16000 mark.

Im still in the short FTSE. Will look to move to b/e as soon as the chance arrives. Otherwise will close any profitable position prior to Wall St open. Looking for the 4550!

Yeah I didn't have the balls to hold on, still got some nerves hanging over from a couple of bad beats last week - no discipline, got out for a profit of half my stop loss.

may re-enter if we make a confirmed move beneath S1 @ 4670 - but kicking myself now for losing such a good entry price - really was overextended by any measurement and close enough to major res to be well worth the short.

As for EURJPY, now I really like what you're up to there :) I am short there also @ 13572

Looks like there might be some wind in the sails of that pair now?

Lets hope so, after 3 hours of sideways consolidation! :sleep: stop now @ 79.580

Agreed on USD/CAD, I defo missed a trick there, and that's on my watch list!!

Status
Not open for further replies.