Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't see signs of strength. i'm short, and i'm hoping that a H&S i see on the 5 and 10 TF is going to bring me 430 (50% retracement on the days range) or at least 443 (netting 10 pts for me)...

prob not pan out this way though, as the unspoken rule of FTSE trading is, whatever i say, do the opposite :cheesy:

i have it having to break below 447 to give the H&S any credibility.

Dr - If you are new to trading I would recommend you use hourly tf as a minimum! 5 mins and 10 mins have too much noise and as you have already noticed you will close out your profits too quickly.

:)

Dr - If you are new to trading I would recommend you use hourly tf as a minimum! 5 mins and 10 mins have too much noise and as you have already noticed you will close out your profits too quickly.

tell me about it manya! i try to get into H4 and H1 but i ALWAYS get sucked back into 15m and 5m... :confused:

i always start out in H1 and 15m, then have a sneaky peak in the 5 to spot emerging patterns, then, blam...that's me back in the 5TF.

Closed CAD/JPY for +20.

I think the US open will push it back up to 8.600 which should give me a re-entry for another short.

Closed CAD/JPY for +20.

I think the US open will push it back up to 8.600 which should give me a re-entry for another short.

That's what I'm hoping too - TL from June highs coincide around 8600 - if we head down there are lots o' pips in the offing down to 8500 (15 July high, and have a TL there)

There's a falling wedge and bearish osc div emerging on the 89 tick chart...could be a bull flag though...

(sorry DB couldn't resist - :rolleyes: )

gonads...maybe i should have just closed @ 444 for 9 pts, one of my targets was 443.

i should have a least moved my stop to BE, but i've not really concentrated for the last 10 mins and that's exactly where i've slipped up....ffs.

gonads...maybe i should have just closed @ 444 for 9 pts, one of my targets was 443.

i should have a least moved my stop to BE, but i've not really concentrated for the last 10 mins and that's exactly where i've slipped up....ffs.

Bias is still down since 11.20am Dr. B - it might come back to you.

I posted this yesterday.................

SD, iv followed your system of RSI5 and Williams5 and entered long FTSE100 at 4447. Let's see :)

trade recommendation for Monday the 19th day of July,

Long ftse during cash session (8.00am - 4.36pm) with stop and reverse order at 4386

remember for the RSI/Wills 5 (from the trade2win forum) the higher the rsi reading the stronger the buy signal, the reading need to be above 35 (35 is the lowest reading for a buy signal)

i'm now short 4454, looking for 434, but i'll close on signs of strength.

closed @ 453 for BE, let 9 pts go past.

450s been really important today.

down -10 pts on the day, think i'll call it quits and get some sun.

I am looking to go long at 4420.

Goldmans raise their year end target for S&P. Leading US Indicators show recession is easing. UK House prices rising. CIT likely to avoid bankruptcy. All point to another up-day.

Status
Not open for further replies.