Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I closed out my EUR/CAD for +20 pips. Should've bagged alot more but it seems equities are going to rally this afternoon. Quite dissapointing as all of my currency trades earlier were up by 150 pips collectively.

No more trades as of now. Waiting to see how the Indices pan out.

:)

Guys, my head is hurting. Bw81, what signal are you looking for, in order to go short. It looked like heading south around 11:40, but up again. I am sitting without opening any position. Confused b/w long or short.

My tech analysis says go SHORT (Bolinger / MACD and RSI) on 10 min chart, while looking at past move on earnings and breakout from June highs makes me think, I should go long and go NOW.

Can anyone help me out of my misery, what is wrong with my thinking?

good us jobless claims as we can see from move in ftse100, this morning i contemplated ftse hitting 4300 now i am wondering if it hits 4400

Likewise - was right to think that if we kept over yesterdays close @ 4346 the bulls would have it / vice versa bears, was wrong to start making the call too early (and of course, not looking at announcements - thats supposed to be your job SD!:mad:)

Just kidding, hard to blame yourself....

Trend has been sideways or up all day, the only thing down has been my trades and my account...

Well, we've hit R1 @ 4378 and the channel tops are 4400 / 4390 - let's see.

Guys, my head is hurting. Bw81, what signal are you looking for, in order to go short. It looked like heading south around 11:40, but up again. I am sitting without opening any position. Confused b/w long or short.

My tech analysis says go SHORT (Bolinger / MACD and RSI) on 10 min chart, while looking at past move on earnings and breakout from June highs makes me think, I should go long and go NOW.

Can anyone help me out of my misery, what is wrong with my thinking?

London_Lad, you cant be too hasty in times like these, much better to sit it out and wait for a good signal. For me it would have to convincingly break out of this uptrend and ALSO confirm it. It hasnt really even breached the uptrend yet, and just now its broken up through a master resistance level at 4372 on my chart. Cant see any shorts at all right now, but for me also to dangerous to go long after such a meteoric rise.

WASHINGTON -- The number of U.S. workers filing new claims for state jobless benefits continued to plunge dramatically last week, but the drop in the filings still doesn't necessarily mean job prospects are improving.

Initial claims for jobless benefits dropped by 47,000 to 522,000 in the week ended July 11, the Labor Department said Thursday. The four-week average of new claims, which aims to smooth volatility in the data, fell by 22,500 to 584,500, the lowest level since January 31 of this year.

The tally of continuing claims -- those drawn by workers for more than one week -- fell by a record 642,000 during the week ended July 4 to 6,273,000, the lowest figure since April 11. The weekly decline almost doubled the previous record in 1983.

The data released on Thursday represented a second straight week of very steep declines in the filing of new claims.

By SARAH N. LYNCH
wall street journal

London_Lad, you cant be too hasty in times like these, much better to sit it out and wait for a good signal. For me it would have to convincingly break out of this uptrend and ALSO confirm it. It hasnt really even breached the uptrend yet, and just now its broken up through a master resistance level at 4372 on my chart. Cant see any shorts at all right now, but for me also to dangerous to go long after such a meteoric rise.

Well put. Patience is key. The opportunity will come.

I put this channel @ a 40 point range give or take. That's tight to be playing right now - a *confirmed* break (*not* like the one I tried trading this am) is needed before taking any risk right now.

I know bw81. Totally agree with you, its painful to see that I missed the meteoric rise. Can we get stock charts of future like in the "Back to the Future" movie? that'd be great. Or some tantric meditation excercise to dream next day's close price in dream. - j/king.

Bw81, when you make a call, let me know here. We're thinking alike, i'll replicate your trade with my meager £130 account.

SD ? was it you that mentioned e-wave a few weeks/months back ?

if so clock the 60min, don't trust it it enough to trade off e-wave , but can be ok for guidance sometimes.

I know bw81. Totally agree with you, its painful to see that I missed the meteoric rise. Can we get stock charts of future like in the "Back to the Future" movie? that'd be great. Or some tantric meditation excercise to dream next day's close price in dream. - j/king.

Bw81, when you make a call, let me know here. We're thinking alike, i'll replicate your trade with my meager £130 account.

London_lad, please dont copy me, Im also a novice at this lark :cheesy: and still trying to find my way in this very difficult pastime (and it is a pastime coz I got a demanding day job) but my gains are exceeding my losses so I must be doing something right. I do try to post live, but as the other lads on here will tell you, its hard to concentrate on a live trade and post at the same time. so thats why I sometimes forget to post.

I put this channel @ a 40 point range give or take. That's tight to be playing right now - a *confirmed* break (*not* like the one I tried trading this am) is needed before taking any risk right now.

After saying all that...

Bottom channel @ 4364 sup, long to R1 @ 4278, tight stop

entry @ 4366

Hi there lapa, I see youve had a toiling day today? sorry to here that. But you are very right its way to hard to make a buck when the range is so tight. Unless of course you are Dr B. the master of Ninja trading, in and out with a the speed of light :eek:

dont remember mentioning e-wave, but please remind me...

SD ? was it you that mentioned e-wave a few weeks/months back ?

if so clock the 60min, don't trust it it enough to trade off e-wave , but can be ok for guidance sometimes.

.. if you can, you can search forums for "e-wave"

im using IG and i got 2pips spread b/w buy and sell, anyone else got any tighter spreads from other vendors/brokers?

On DJI, I got a 6pip spread from IG. Its insane.

Hi there lapa, I see youve had a toiling day today? sorry to here that. But you are very right its way to hard to make a buck when the range is so tight. Unless of course you are Dr B. the master of Ninja trading, in and out with a the speed of light :eek:

Actually I think I've been overtrading last few days (n) - will see how I feel this evening and may take some time off to study a bit more. Nice to see you knocking around, thought you'd maybe vanished!

heads up fellas, i'm not trading, but i'm checking the charts, i'm starting to see bearish osc div on the 15m and H1 TFs.

as per, i don't know if it'll come to anything, specially with the US taking over now...

heads up fellas, i'm not trading, but i'm checking the charts, i'm starting to see bearish osc div on the 15m and H1 TFs.

as per, i don't know if it'll come to anything, specially with the US taking over now...

I think we are going to struggle to get any good signals while we are in this weeks earnings release. Come next week should be better after we got all this reporting out of the way.

Actually I think I've been overtrading last few days (n) - will see how I feel this evening and may take some time off to study a bit more. Nice to see you knocking around, thought you'd maybe vanished!

Im still here my friend, but i do need TWO screens :LOL: One for currencies, and one for Indices, I cant see jack when Ive got charts all over my screen...:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.