Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't expect 4100 to be breached first time round, I have S1 @ 4098 - long @ 4102 FTSE, s/l 4086 - looking for 4127 gap fill

Oil climbing strongly now?

Hit my target, will wait for a pullback for possible re-entry - best to see how this area plays out and if we really are on course for pivot @ 4137

out @ 4127 for +25, made up for my earlier dax foolishness

an the broad opinion is negative for today, crude is roughly were it was on Friday, generally the crowd usually gets wrong footed. Dow is showing minus 40

So you take contrarian views to a broad opinion if certain indicators remain unchanged, ie. in this case crude, only small change on DOW?

Yes, should really have seen how far this burst would go first before closing - had enough profit in the trade to afford it - but there we go

Nice trade on the FTSE Lapa, called it great there. Shame about the DAX its well into positive now. GAP fill and still climing.

Buttered on both sides?

excuse me sir, but i think you have me mistaken for a frenchman! :-0

:)cheesy:)

EDIT: apologies for posting such a high volume of nonsense, but i've missed my long and i'm trying to entertain myself until the next opportunity.

Nice trade on the FTSE Lapa, called it great there. Shame about the DAX its well into positive now. GAP fill and still climing.

I am just not familiar enough with the DAX levels - and wasn't patient enough.

I was looking for tests on DAX and FTSE of their major low levels as a set up for morning longs - had 4540 DAX / 4100FTSE as good supports and entries, with 4550DAX and 4115FTSE as levels which opened up my targets.

Called it wrong on DAX, think trying to trade this prior to ftse opening is not a good idea? That spike @ 0800 is what hit my stop, otherwise, target would have been reached.

as we know, a market cannot go up if everyone is long,..

So you take contrarian views to a broad opinion if certain indicators remain unchanged, ie. in this case crude, only small change on DOW?

... and it cannot go down if everyone is short. on weekly time frame its heading down, needs to breech 4168 for that view to change.

I am just not familiar enough with the DAX levels - and wasn't patient enough.

I was looking for tests on DAX and FTSE of their major low levels as a set up for morning longs - had 4540 DAX / 4100FTSE as good supports and entries, with 4550DAX and 4115FTSE as levels which opened up my targets.

Called it wrong on DAX, think trying to trade this prior to ftse opening is not a good idea? That spike @ 0800 is what hit my stop, otherwise, target would have been reached.

Yes I agree, its difficult to call it prior to both indexes being open. The reason I was neutral was becasue there are perfectly good reasons for trading either way. If it carrys on going up I will be looking for a short opportunity.

... and it cannot go down if everyone is short. on weekly time frame its heading down, needs to breech 4168 for that view to change.

I think there are a lot of stops and buy orders around 4100 / 4000.

I feel very secure taking longs from those levels on first tests, and then trading on a trend back down towards them once/if it establishes itself later on with regards to weekly trend.

Keeping in longs during moves as they get further away from key levels (in this case 4100) when the trend on higher TFs is down makes me nervous.

I am sitting out now until a trend down emerges from this pivot @ 4137 or we reach 4152 R1 /4155/4160.

@ BW81, GEO

BW, tell me you took the trade out of the range on EURGBP this am? :) (missed it myself, busy losing money on DAX)

Another classic example of the set up we've been speaking about.

@ BW81, GEO

BW, tell me you took the trade out of the range on EURGBP this am? :) (missed it myself, busy losing money on DAX)

No, but good point there LL. Especially as eur/gbp often ranges over night.

No, but good point there LL. Especially as eur/gbp often ranges over night.

Its the best pair I've found for it, Geo - for ranging overnight and yet liquid enough to move strongly on the b/o 5M - the pair have only one hour between them on opens for the stock markets

Tempted to go long eur/usd at 13930 ish area - target would be 14000 - sounding crazy?

edit: and FTSE long from around 4118

Last edited:
@ BW81, GEO

I did see the range, then got focused on your trade Lapa, so missed the break down ...LOL!! Damn what a fine move that was:cry:

Tempted to go long eur/usd at 13930 ish area - target would be 14000 - sounding crazy?

edit: and FTSE long from around 4118

I am eyeing up the GBP/USD coming to my uptrend line again which it bounced off at 8.40am Maybe we both crazy Geo :cool:

I did see the range, then got focused on your trade Lapa, so missed the break down ...LOL!! Damn what a fine move that was:cry:

Don't focus on me, whatever you do!!!!!!

Have to set up sound alerts, keep missing these opps on eurgbp, and they are so much better r/r than indices

Status
Not open for further replies.