Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tempted to go long eur/usd at 13930 ish area - target would be 14000 - sounding crazy?

edit: and FTSE long from around 4118

I'm staying away from the USD pairs for now, but for what its worth yes I think its crazy :)

I can see where you're coming from, just don't like the 13,950 to 13970 area. Better to play the 14000 / 13870 levels if they get there?- maybe just me, I keep getting burned in between.

Maybe we should start an AM range breakout thread if anyones interested? It would save WSs thread getting clogged with currency calls... he might not mind though.

I'm staying away from the USD pairs for now, but for what its worth yes I think its crazy :)

I can see where you're coming from, just don't like the 13,950 to 13970 area. Better to play the 14000 / 13870 levels if they get there?- maybe just me, I keep getting burned in between.

I appreciate your honesty LL. It's quite tough to call either way I guess, as we're rangebound in the sense that there is no distinct rally atm.

Maybe we should start an AM range breakout thread if anyones interested? It would save WSs thread getting clogged with currency calls... he might not mind though.

I think thats a great idea - would be great having people's input on the idea and set up. I'm feeling a little self conscious giving currency calls.

I appreciate your honesty LL. It's quite tough to call either way I guess, as we're rangebound in the sense that there is no distinct rally atm.

I've just lost too much money playing ranges on lower TFs. Either I wait for a key level b/o / rejection or a pause / pullback in a wider trend, but otherwise I just can't work out probabilities or calculate decent r/rs on these kind of ranges such as on eurusd right now.

A lot of these currencies are in sidewards ranges or rubbish triangles (which I find a very unreliable chart pattern at best of times anyway) and I just can't make it out. It ends up being a throw of the dice for me.

Horrible...

Long@4150 overnight, stop@4100...

And why, just because I couldn't be bothered not having a lie-in on a Monday!

Silly, silly, silly!

Good morning chaps..........

my internet keeps going down every 5 mins.........its really annoying.

I'm with the sky pacckage and its rubbish....

Iam trading over the phone.. i hope i don't lose connection whilst typing this message

very quickly..........

i am very bearish at present and i seriously think based on analysis of several stocks that we could reach 4000 if not today then by the end of the week ............watch the currencies for direction!!

Euro should break 1.385 and pound 1.6 barrier soon ....

My only concern is nasdaq....market leader is the only chart that puts forward an argument for a rise and it cpuld spoil the party for all those that are short

Last edited:
Charles Stanley Traders Bulletin

Fyi

:)

Attachments

• cstb 13-07-09.pdf
    228.1 KB · Views: 295
I think thats a great idea - would be great having people's input on the idea and set up. I'm feeling a little self conscious giving currency calls.

Excellent! Anyone else? BW81?

I am happy to kick off the thread with some info and setup description for people to add to and crit/comment on, just to get things started.

I am happy to kick off the thread with some info and setup description for people to add to and crit/comment on, just to get things started.

Excellent idea.

I'm getting back into learning to trade currencies atm with intraday and longer term TF patterns, TL and support/resistance.

Happy to contribute if I can!!

I am happy to join in, would like to hear WS's view, as I know hes interested in currencies and wonder if he would like the postings combined on his thread? Just a thought.

I'm in Geo, take the lead!

(and this will finally force me to sort out my posting of charts!)

I am happy to join in, would like to hear WS's view, as I know hes interested in currencies and wonder if he would like the postings combined on his thread? Just a thought.

Fair point BW81.

WS?

It might be clearer to have a seperate thread though, only because we're talking about a very specific setup - and it would save mixing it up. Just my 2p, but I am cool either way.

It might be clearer to have a seperate thread though, only because we're talking about a very specific setup - and it would save mixing it up. Just my 2p, but I am cool either way.

I agree, we have been highjacking WS's thread with currency setups. its tidier to find the postings for particular currencies if not mixed in with Index postings.

From my point of view I think we could and should still make currency calls and setups on here - unless WS has other ideas? And the other thread is just purely for AM range breakout setup stuff.

Sound reasonable? I will go with the main consensus either way.

The FTSE is in 38.2% retracement area from 4524 and March lows of 3460. So if it closes below 4115 we could see 50% retracement which is roughly at 4000 level.

From my point of view I think we could and should still make currency calls and setups on here - unless WS has other ideas? And the other thread is just purely for AM range breakout setup stuff.

Sound reasonable? I will go with the main consensus either way.

Sounds reasonable to me GEo (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.