Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have shorted the FTSE again at 4155, sl 4175. When and if I am 10 points up I shall trail my sl to be....

next target 870 on S&P

inspirit of bear flag

possibly 865

Attachments

• US SPX500 Daily (10-JUN-09).png
    US SPX500 Daily (10-JUN-09).png
    20 KB · Views: 134
I have shorted the FTSE again at 4155, sl 4175. When and if I am 10 points up I shall trail my sl to be....

Closed out at 4135. looks like there could be a late rally in the US, so happy with my 30 points today, which has been made without some of the real heart stopping moments i have during my trading. I think i shall call it a day. Have a great weekend, wherever you are.

Closed out at 4135. looks like there could be a late rally in the US, so happy with my 30 points today, which has been made without some of the real heart stopping moments i have during my trading. I think i shall call it a day. Have a great weekend, wherever you are.

Well done!
I often find that I lose money on Fridays...normally a rush of blood to the head :-0
I would like to say that didnt happen today :whistling ... but I made a couple of crazy trades just before 3pm... lucky the net effect was +13.5 pts but was down over 45 at one point... didnt have a proper plan.

I must force myself to post all trades here... that way I will be to embarrassed to enter any 'close my eyes and hope for the best trades' :cheesy:

Thats why I admire you guys who always post your calls as you make them.

Still got the second half of J.J Murphy's book Technical Analysis of Financial Markets to read this weekend.

Cheers!
DiJ

I got stopped out three times going short the Sept S&P around the 874.75 level. Several counter rallies today just to confuse. You would have been better trading the trendlines instead of S&R levels, especially after such a poor Michegan number.

potential break out on oil to the upside waiting for confirmation to trade above $60

If not then I will short once trend line breached again

Attachments

• US Light Crude (AUG-09).png
    US Light Crude (AUG-09).png
    20.1 KB · Views: 124
potential break out on oil to the upside waiting for confirmation to trade above $60

If not then I will short once trend line breached again

Hey ws, hows your week been? Just got back from taking my eldest lad to the nets for some cricket.
Are you in for the night in the US markets?:)

Do you think a long on the dow may give some fruit? Assuming we again have a buy program into the close?

SHOULD HAVE GONE LONG THE DOW! NICE 45PNT PLAY! HEY HO!

Last edited:
Sujith

Hey Sujith,

I see you have visited us on this thread. How has your week been?

What are your thoughts on where the US will finish today and where we are likely to go next week?

Many thanks in advance my friend.:):)

Hey Sujith,

I see you have visited us on this thread. How has your week been?

What are your thoughts on where the US will finish today and where we are likely to go next week?

Many thanks in advance my friend.:):)
this is gold weekly chart just made it...sl is 882 (982 written typo)
goldweeklyjuly10.gif

usd index chart july 10th
july10-1.gif

usd index july5th chart

i agree with WS ,crude is threatening to break out tht channel. but 1st break is for greedy always . !! means,at 1st time it will shoot up a little ,bring in alot of buyers..n then again fall back into channel n eat thr stploss. so wait until u get 2nd time .breakout ;)

Hey ws, hows your week been? Just got back from taking my eldest lad to the nets for some cricket.
Are you in for the night in the US markets?:)

Do you think a long on the dow may give some fruit? Assuming we again have a buy program into the close?

SHOULD HAVE GONE LONG THE DOW! NICE 45PNT PLAY! HEY HO!

Good evening kaisen

Good to see your children show an interest in cricket, Ashes fever

Sorry for getting back to you late but I went to watch a 20/20 match

I don't bother with the Dow, its too volatile for my liking...........Its like trading cable!!

S&P is much more stable

And yes I had a good week............hit my daily except for one day so not bad over all

hey WS...glad i'm not the only one mooching about the site tonight :cheesy:

Good evening Dr Blix...........

Just doing some analysis after a hectic days cricket in Bollington, Macclesfield and then went to friends house in Bury,Lancashire.

Trying to do some research for Monday..........

BIG week next week, EARNINGS take centre stage

yeah, sounds like mondays a warm up for the real battles during the rest of the week!

falling wedge on the FTSE H1?

bullish osc div on the last 2 peaks.

poss long @ 4116-20 if i see bullish osc div on lower TFs. i reckon i should be able to tell by 8.15.

Not a frequent poster, but my take is that the market will push above 4200 in the next coming days, maybe it will test 4110 early morning before a rally up.

Analysts are expecting Retail Sales in the US to be up and the decline in Factory production to have slowed down. If we don't see any large movement on Monday then Tuesday should definetely push us higher.

I expect Crude to rise in tandem and anything related to CAD is going to be higlighy profitable in my opinion.

I hope you guys dont mine me barging into this thread as I have done.

:)

Not a frequent poster, but my take is that the market will push above 4200 in the next coming days, maybe it will test 4110 early morning before a rally up.

Analysts are expecting Retail Sales in the US to be up and the decline in Factory production to have slowed down. If we don't see any large movement on Monday then Tuesday should definetely push us higher.

I expect Crude to rise in tandem and anything related to CAD is going to be higlighy profitable in my opinion.

I hope you guys dont mine me barging into this thread as I have done.

:)

your analysis and opinions are most welcome my friend

I encourage you to post more frequently

falling wedge on the FTSE H1?

bullish osc div on the last 2 peaks.

poss long @ 4116-20 if i see bullish osc div on lower TFs. i reckon i should be able to tell by 8.15.

Not sure DB, can you post a chart?

How about a double bottom at 4120 ish from the 8th to the 10th?

2 poss falling wedges.

only thing is though there's a snidey down bar on the H1 that i don't like the look of.

double bottom, falling wedge = same outcome :)

Attachments

• falling wedge 2.jpg
    falling wedge 2.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 113
Status
Not open for further replies.